• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton for Democratic Nominee 08'

Franch

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Bill virtually announced Hillary's running for the deomcratic nomination in 2008 at the strategy session for student activists. I guess it was inevitable....

Franch said:
Bill virtually announced Hillary's running for the deomcratic nomination in 2008 at the strategy session for student activists. I guess it was inevitable....

Welcome to Debate Politics.

Yeah.

I'll be entering as a Nominee for '08 as well...

Honestly, it seems like they let anybody run for President. I have no beef with Clinton, but I could swear the Democrats had some smarter people to throw at the Republicans!

Arch Enemy said:
Yeah.

I'll be entering as a Nominee for '08 as well...

Honestly, it seems like they let anybody run for President. I have no beef with Clinton, but I could swear the Democrats had some smarter people to throw at the Republicans!

Not likely.

I think if Hillary got elected she would have a lot of power but encounter a lot of needless resistance. I like her as a Senator, there she was the sway but doesn't attract so much flak from the GOP.

Can we force McCain to run as an independent? Do you realize how much he would win by if he either did that or ran as a 'Pub but distanced himself from some elements of that party?

The only question is: A) is he THAT good of a guy? He can't be, right? He seems so good. and B) Can he be Prez? He's a maverick, I think he'd do a really good but different job than el Busho.

She is just do damn marketable as a candidate, and she will surely raise a lot of money to help her get the nomination.

Question- If she ends up in the white house, what will Bill's title be?

jakurus said:
I think if Hillary got elected she would have a lot of power but encounter a lot of needless resistance. I like her as a Senator, there she was the sway but doesn't attract so much flak from the GOP.

Can we force McCain to run as an independent? Do you realize how much he would win by if he either did that or ran as a 'Pub but distanced himself from some elements of that party?

The only question is: A) is he THAT good of a guy? He can't be, right? He seems so good. and B) Can he be Prez? He's a maverick, I think he'd do a really good but different job than el Busho.

If he didn't win nomination in 00', can he do it in 08'?? I don't think running as a third party candidate is a great idea...past numbers haven't shown a whole lot of success.

Franch said:
She is just do damn marketable as a candidate, and she will surely raise a lot of money to help her get the nomination.

Question- If she ends up in the white house, what will Bill's title be?

First adulterer?

Billary Clinton is an idiot piece of crap.....

Pacridge said:
First adulterer?
Oh come on now-his title will be ex-President.

And I think that Hillary will encounter far too much resistance to be a viable candidate. I think a Biden or an Obama or a Warner is much more likely.

ShamMol said:
Oh come on now-his title will be ex-President.

And I think that Hillary will encounter far too much resistance to be a viable candidate. I think a Biden or an Obama or a Warner is much more likely.
Let's run obama. We'll probably lose, but let's lose on principle.

faminedynasty said:
Let's run obama. We'll probably lose, but let's lose on principle.
I would love to see a Obama/Biden ticket or a Obama/Warner ticket or a Edwards/Obama ticket. I think that we would show that we have principles, even if we loose.

Franch said:

This is great news.........Maybe Michael Moore can run as her VP.........

Navy Pride said:
This is great news.........Maybe Michael Moore can run as her VP.........
Maybe you can contribute to this post and not spew rhetoric...woops, too late. :lol:

Anyway, anyone with any bit of sense knows that Moore doesn't want to be a politician because it hurts America iho.

She'll win for democratic party not sure if she'll win the presidentce though but if the Republicans don't get someone slightly famous she probably will.

Michael Moore good one lol sure makes enough political bashing books

I don't really have a big problem with the Clinton's, but personally I think she is off on a bad start for presidency. Trust me I would love to see a Black or Women president, but its all up to the voters! :2razz:

I'm not a fan of her policies. Plus she has a lot of baggage. That baggage is named Bill. If she absolutely has to run, I would like to see Obama as the presidential candidate and Clinton as the Vice presidential candidate.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I'm not a fan of her policies. Plus she has a lot of baggage. That baggage is named Bill. If she absolutely has to run, I would like to see Obama as the presidential candidate and Clinton as the Vice presidential candidate.

I'd vote for that ticket too. Although I think Clinton's more likely as the presidential candidate.

stsburns said:
................Trust me I would love to see a Black or Women president.....................

Why? That's a pretty racist and sexist position.

Did you expect anything less then racism and sexism from liberal Democrats?!

Stinger said:
Coming from you, that is a hoot. Honestly, it isn't a posistion, it is merely a thing of like. I would personally like to see an Irish man in the white house, or an Irish woman, does that make me racist? No, it means that I would like to see it. Just like Mrs. Bush would like to see a woman replacing O'Connor. Simple really.

Ghandi>Bush said:
I think that a Clinton/Obama ticket would not succeed. For two main reasons-the south and an inherent distrust of women.

You may be saying to yourself-what?! Think about it. Is our nation really ready to elect a woman president? A lot of the bias that used to be is still there and I just don't see it happening.

And the South is still racist-there is no way that they would vote in the majority (any of the states) for an African American. You are going to say this is a generalization, but mark my words, a true one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsburns
................Trust me I would love to see a Black or Women president.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

ShamMol said:
Coming from you, that is a hoot.

Why?

Honestly, it isn't a posistion, it is merely a thing of like.

So what? It's a pretty racist and sexist "thing of like" then.

I would personally like to see an Irish man in the white house, or an Irish woman, does that make me racist?

No Irish is not a race. But if a Republican went out in public and said he wants to see a man and a white man at that appionted the cries of racist and sexist would be blaring wouldn't they.

No, it means that I would like to see it. Just like Mrs. Bush would like to see a woman replacing O'Connor. Simple really.

Which is a sexist comment. Just as if I were hiring a position and I said I would like to see a man hired it would be sexist. It prejudgies the selection.

I think that a Clinton/Obama ticket would not succeed. For two main reasons-the south and an inherent distrust of women.

But I am amused Obama makes a good speech at a convention and suddenly he is being catapulted from a state legislature position into the White House. Now perhaps after he has won a state wide election and then maybe held an executive position as a Govenor or maybe even in the US Congress (although that is not a very good way into the White House). But for the life of me I don't see why he is being suggested onto the National ticket merely on the basis of his charisma, but then I forget he is running on the Democrat side.

You don't trust women and fear black people?

You may be saying to yourself-what?! Think about it. Is our nation really ready to elect a woman president?

I'm ready to elect anyone who I believe can lead this country effectively and impliment to policies I support. How about you?

A lot of the bias that used to be is still there and I just don't see it happening.

Well you should work on that it really limits your outlook.

And the South is still racist-there is no way that they would vote in the majority (any of the states) for an African American.

Where do you get that idea? The South is no more racist than anywhere else, perhaps less so. A conservative black would have no problem getting support from Southern states. You need to get with the times. Put Condi Rice on the ticket and I bet she would swipe the South. I can thing of several Blacks who would do well.

You are going to say this is a generalization, but mark my words, a true one at that.

Sorry but I find your prejudices cloud you vision. It's about issues not race or sex.

Regards from LA (Lower Alabama)

Gandhi>Bush said:

Why do you support Obama as president? What specific policies and what accomplishments and experience makes you want him in the White House? He's a great speaker, but he has little track record.

Back
Top Bottom