• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton dodges question on Second Amendment

This is the typical response from the left in here. Not a statement about the issue but rather finding something a Republican said to try and make it look better. Donald J Trump has the endorsement of the NRA. Hillary R Clinton does not for good reason. Here's the question Casper, do you support the 2nd Amendment? If not, vote for Hillary.

Typical response from the ignorant here. If you had read anything I have posted on the gun issues here you would not looks so ignorant of where I stand. Pssst, does not matter is the NRA backs The Donald or not, I am not nor have I ever been a member. The FACT is The Donald has backed stiffer gun laws and bans if that makes you uncomfortable then maybe you should figure out how it is you are backing a Democrat Liberal pretending to be a Republican Conservative. By the way I find Both the major Party candidates as Unacceptable and not worthy of support, I see you bought the snake oil, enjoy.

Trumps current gun positions:

"We're going to cherish the second amendment." (May 7, 2016)

You had hundreds of people, hundreds of people, in those rooms, especially the big dance room. Paris and France have probably the toughest gun laws in the world. We have tough gun laws here some places, and by the way they’re usually the places that have the biggest problems… Out of all those five, six, seven, eight hundred people, there wasn’t one gunman. The only one that had the gun were the thugs, were the stupid people, were the losers. They were the only ones that had the guns… So they killed almost 150 people… They just moved them over. You know what? If I’m in that room and let’s say we have two or five or 40 people with guns, we’re going to do a lot better because there’s going to be a shootout. These people would have been helpless. If they had some guns in that room, they would have been so much better off and it would have been a much, much different result. (Nov, 2015)

"Current" being the Key Word. After he is elected he may just go back to the stand he has had for his adult life and that is not the same. Good grief you buy into his BS don't ya? How sad.

"Current" being the Key Word. After he is elected he may just go back to the stand he has had for his adult life and that is not the same. Good grief you buy into his BS don't ya? How sad.

More than I buy into the known quantity called Hillary. We know what she will do. With Trump there is a chance.

More than I buy into the known quantity called Hillary. We know what she will do. With Trump there is a chance.

Sadly, I see you believe that, oh well.

Sadly, I see you believe that, oh well.

so do you think Hillary will do anything to help gun owners

you might not like the NRA, and I think they are too quick to appease, but they did endorse Trump and they are noting Hillary is militantly anti gun. That counts for a lot

you might not like the NRA, and I think they are too quick to appease, but they did endorse Trump and they are noting Hillary is militantly anti gun. That counts for a lot

The one thing that can be guaranteed is that Hilliary will go after more gun control no matter what. Unlike Obama she is not afraid to anger a few militant firearm owners who may possibly object. Her win should she win will be made despite them. That would tell her firearm organisations are not capable of raising enough objection. Her biggest concern is can firearm owners organise opposition to her election. The question is can they? It is what they should be doing. That will also let Trump know not to mess with firearm owners rights. Politics is easy. Getting it understood by citizens is not.

George was a former appointee of the Clintons. There is NO WAY he will ever ask her a hard question.

His "interview" was just a sounding board for her policies.

What is nice is that she screwed up big on camera, and it can be brought back to bite her in the ass.

unless of course, the gun rights people do not have enough balls to bite on this obvious gaff.

I hope they do.

I have no idea what I'm going to do in November. I was leaning toward Hillary until all the lies and illegal activity was uncovered. I can't stomach the thought of voting for Trump. Voting for anyone other than those two is a waste of my vote, IMHO. Depending on who was his VP, I could see the Congress impeaching Trump if he got out of hand and started making imperial edicts via executive order like Obama has done and like Hillary has stated she would do - and I feel like the Dems would probably vote with the GOP to convict him in the Senate, allowing whoever was his VP to rise up and take over.

What she said in that video just pissed me off so bad, that I just can't imagine allowing her to have my vote anymore.

I feel your pain.

Isn't it a sick feeling when you feel completely betrayed by someone you once supported?

I was a Perot supporter until he showed me what a complete wuss he was, and quit.

I feel your pain.

Isn't it a sick feeling when you feel completely betrayed by someone you once supported?

I was a Perot supporter until he showed me what a complete wuss he was, and quit.

It's really quite simple. If you feel that your safety, security and freedom and that of your family do not depend on the right to bear arms give it up and vote for Hiillary. If you cannot understand the concept the 2A is the key or cornerstone to the constitution then give it up in exchange for whatever Hillary is promising.

It's not a new concept. Supposedly Franklin said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

It must mean something. It depends on what is more important..... that should not be a difficult choice.

It's really quite simple. If you feel that your safety, security and freedom and that of your family do not depend on the right to bear arms give it up and vote for Hiillary. If you cannot understand the concept the 2A is the key or cornerstone to the constitution then give it up in exchange for whatever Hillary is promising.

It's not a new concept. Supposedly Franklin said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

It must mean something. It depends on what is more important..... that should not be a difficult choice.

True. But just because you can't vote for Hillary, doesn't mean you have to vote for Donald Trump who (as another posted stated above) backed fairly stiff gun restriction measures.

Typical response from the ignorant here. If you had read anything I have posted on the gun issues here you would not looks so ignorant of where I stand. Pssst, does not matter is the NRA backs The Donald or not, I am not nor have I ever been a member. The FACT is The Donald has backed stiffer gun laws and bans if that makes you uncomfortable then maybe you should figure out how it is you are backing a Democrat Liberal pretending to be a Republican Conservative. By the way I find Both the major Party candidates as Unacceptable and not worthy of support, I see you bought the snake oil, enjoy.

Hillary R Clinton has already made it clear she's attacking the 2nd Amendment. You have two choices in this election, Clinton or Trump. Trump is a proud CCW owner and is endorsed by the NRA. I'll take my chances with him over Clinton, any day of the week.

My post was not about the 2A. It was about being betrayed by someone you once supported, like the OP feels now.

I was just letting them know I feel their pain.

My post has nothing to do about gun control, per se., but more about betrayal.

As I type this, I have my .44 Bulldog in a belly band as I am about to go work in the yard.

I do not need to be preached to about guns.

I was communicating to the OP about a more human issue.....betrayal...and loyalty.

Last edited:
True. But just because you can't vote for Hillary, doesn't mean you have to vote for Donald Trump who (as another posted stated above) backed fairly stiff gun restriction measures.

Quite true there are other choices like not voting or even a spoilt paper if that is possible.

However Trump is a businessman first and that counts for something Hillary does not have. People who advance on their ideological beliefs do not negotiate. If gun control has taught us anything it should be that.

Besides IF firearm owners and organisations did what they should be doing as they have the most to lose is protecting their right to ownership there would be no problem who was voted for.

It's a very simple relationship. No law can be passed without public support. Imagine a tool like that being used by firearm organisations.... One would think it impossible to do but trade unions and gun control show that as BS

Nope.
Who said I do not like the NRA?
Trump is working with the NRA as we speak to appease those that wish to install more laws on ownership.
I do not trust either with my rights.

Hillary R Clinton has already made it clear she's attacking the 2nd Amendment. You have two choices in this election, Clinton or Trump. Trump is a proud CCW owner and is endorsed by the NRA. I'll take my chances with him over Clinton, any day of the week.

There are not any real choices this election when it comes to our rights, Clinton has been clear on her stand and Trump is a lying POS and not to be trusted, period. It will be up to the States as to who is in the Whitehouse next year, too bad it couldn't be someone of quality. We get exactly the government we deserve.

Back
Top Bottom