• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton/Davis 2016?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
No word from the liberals here about Wendy Davis' filibuster in Texas or the Republicans hacking the state's databases??? I am surprisingly shocked! Maybe there aren't too many liberal texans that are here.

Well, if you didn't know Wendy Davis pretty much destroyed the Abortion Bill SB5 with her 13 hour filibuster, now she is thrust into the national spotlight. Supporters are urging her to pair with Hillary so that "women can rule DC"... What do you think of this scenario?

No word from the liberals here about Wendy Davis' filibuster in Texas or the Republicans hacking the state's databases??? I am surprisingly shocked! Maybe there aren't too many liberal texans that are here.

Well, if you didn't know Wendy Davis pretty much destroyed the Abortion Bill SB5 with her 11 hour filibuster, now she is thrust into the national spotlight. Supporters are urging her to pair with Hillary so that "women can rule DC"... What do you think of this scenario?

I don't think Davis is the type of running mate that would be picked. They wouldn't want to run two Southern, (or Southernish in Hillary's case), white women, neither from an important state.

Well, if you didn't know Wendy Davis pretty much destroyed the Abortion Bill SB5 with her 13 hour filibuster, now she is thrust into the national spotlight. Supporters are urging her to pair with Hillary so that "women can rule DC"... What do you think of this scenario?

for now she stopped it ... it'll pass eventually, but she was something else, wasn't she? I just read up on her ... pretty impressive -- worked at an early age to help her single mom and three siblings, became a single mom herself, graduated with honors from Harvard law, got her seat in a big upset, ... who knows?

I'm looking forward to a Hilary/Julian Castro ticket in 2016. It would be unstoppable. Well....Hilary and anyone is pretty much unstoppable.

I'm looking forward to a Hilary/Julian Castro ticket in 2016. It would be unstoppable. Well....Hilary and anyone is pretty much unstoppable.

Clinton is a strong ticket, but time and party dynamics are a lot more important than you're giving credit. Republicans might have enough energy and Democrats can end up losing enough of it.

What supporters are urging this? Link?

There are threads already on last night's fillibuster. Look around.

What supporters are urging this? Link?

There are threads already on last night's fillibuster. Look around.

The people important today are obviously choice material for leading us tomorrow!

Not really. This filibuster was just a bold, clever, political move by Davis. She's a newbie. Just because she made a name for herself across the country last night doesnt' mean a dang thing.

Oh, really? At this point, what difference does it make?

article-benghazi3-0123.jpg

The people important today are obviously choice material for leading us tomorrow!

Not really. This filibuster was just a bold, clever, political move by Davis. She's a newbie. Just because she made a name for herself across the country last night doesnt' mean a dang thing.

Wendy Davis has already been pronounced the Democrat Party's new darling. Annointing happens so quickly in our Twitterverse these days. :lol:

Just what America needs. Two angry,screeching women on a national ticket. BTW,Gov.Perry is recalling the legislature and they will pass the bill anyway. The bill bans abortions at 24 weeks(6 months). Most Americans still are not ghoulish or twisted enough to support that. Yet.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1061979674 said:
Oh, really? At this point, what difference does it make?

View attachment 67149472

LOL....really? The right-wing and fauxnews have tried to sell that turkey to the public 178 times and haven't succeeded yet. Why do you guys think that if you keep trying things that fail time and again, it might work the next time. The American people knew exactly what Hilary was saying (not the spin that the radical right-wing tried to put on it)....and by and large, they agree with her. Sorry. Get ready for President Clinton.

What a revolting thought. I used to respect Hillary Clinton, but I saw during the Lewinsky shame (his, not hers, but she stood by him for unsavory reasons, IMO) and her senate race that she is the most nakedly, ruthlessly ambitious politician alive today. She will do anything it takes to get what she wants.

What a horror if "Eight years for Bill, and eight years for Hill" came true, a horror for our nation. I will be delighted when the first female President is elected, but heaven forbid that it should be Hillary Clinton.

IMO, she is far too new to politics to be a credible VP nominee. The VP candidate has to be someone who is prepared to step in as President if that need ever arises. Senator McCain chose poorly sacrificing readiness to serve for garnering attention in his choosing Governor Palin. That choice marked what has been an occasional lack of discipline/erratic approach (often bundled into his persona as a "maverick") that also exhibited itself in his panicked response to the financial crisis e.g., canceling his debate appearance and then showing up when the debate itself was not postponed. In contrast, even as their ideologies are worlds apart, Cheney and Biden were safe picks in that either man could readily serve as President.

Wendy Davis has both tenacity and talent. Her rising to graduate from Harvard Law School with honors in spite of her having been a single mother--a very demanding task under very demanding circumstances--speaks volumes of her potential. Her tenacity and determination were on display in her filibuster that, at least, temporarily thwarted adoption of abortion-related legislation. She probably has the ability to serve effectively in a national capacity (appointment or Congress). That national service and her success in that role would be essential for her to become a credible VP possibility. There's no possible way she would really be prepared for the VP's office, much less Presidency, by the 2016 election. 2024, maybe even 2020, might be different. Of course, that demands of the job have not discouraged unprepared individuals from seeking the Presidency e.g. Herman Cain who held no elected office and seemed completely out of his league when it came to debating policy substance during his short-lived candidacy.

If Hillary Clinton seeks the Presidency, she will almost certainly make a reasonably safe pick for her running mate. In her service as Senator and later Secretary of State, she has not been a gambler so to speak. She is far more a manager/administrator than a revolutionary. A choice of an unseasoned running mate, even if that person were able to sustain a high public profile up to the 2016 race, would be completely out of character for her.

I don't see her picking a female running mate.

Ha, maybe she'd choose Chris Christie.

I don't think Davis is the type of running mate that would be picked. They wouldn't want to run two Southern, (or Southernish in Hillary's case), white women, neither from an important state.

Very very true. It will not be this one hit wonder.

I don't see her picking a female running mate.

Ha, maybe she'd choose Chris Christie.

Which is actually a pretty good idea in terms of electability and broadening her appeal and the entire tickets appeal.

Christie is getting the bypass. He will probably be her pick.
Rubio could excite the Hispanic base.

Just what America needs. Two angry,screeching women on a national ticket. BTW,Gov.Perry is recalling the legislature and they will pass the bill anyway. The bill bans abortions at 24 weeks(6 months). Most Americans still are not ghoulish or twisted enough to support that. Yet.

The bill bans abortions at 20 weeks and includes new draconian regulations for abortion providers that will close most all Texas clinics. It will be found unconstitutional but not before it causes a lot of pain for women. Hopefully they will remember this next election.

The bill bans abortions at 20 weeks and includes new draconian regulations for abortion providers that will close most all Texas clinics. It will be found unconstitutional but not before it causes a lot of pain for women. Hopefully they will remember this next election.

When would you say is too late? Are you like Obama where if they are born alive you support termination?

When would you say is too late? Are you like Obama where if they are born alive you support termination?

What if complications develop after 20 weeks? How many women will suffer because they are arbitrarily denied an abortion even if the child is horribly deformed and has no chance of survival? Do you even care? Good God. These are matters between a women and her doctors. Only a fascist State would engage in such barbaric measures to control women's lives. It is disgusting and even frightening behavior. Thankfully we have a Federal Govt. who will strike down these abominations of freedom.

Christy Zink was 21 weeks pregnant when she learned the fetus she was carrying was suffering from multiple severe anomalies including agenesis of the corpus callosum— a rare birth defect in which the central connecting structure of the brain is absent. Even more severe, the brain had developed in small globular splotches, meaning effectively that an entire hemisphere was missing. Christy and her husband consulted medical experts around the world and were told that, if the fetus survived the pregnancy, which was uncertain, the baby would be in a state of near-constant seizures, requiring numerous surgeries to remove what little of the brain matter remained. Christy made the difficult decision to terminate the pregnancy, a choice that would be illegal if a 20-week abortion ban were law in Washington,
D.C.11
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/media/fact-sheets/abortion-bans-at-20-weeks.pdf

What difference, at this point, does it make?

What if complications develop after 20 weeks? How many women will suffer because they are arbitrarily denied an abortion even if the child is horribly deformed and has no chance of survival? Do you even care? Good God. These are matters between a women and her doctors. Only a fascist State would engage in such barbaric measures to control women's lives. It is disgusting and even frightening behavior. Thankfully we have a Federal Govt. who will strike down these abominations of freedom.

http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/media/fact-sheets/abortion-bans-at-20-weeks.pdf

You realize this same idiotic, hyperbolic, emotionally charged empty rhetoric is no different, nor more legitimate, than what your mirror image on the other side says...it's based wholly on ones OPINION, because frankly that's all it is for either side, of when an unborn human is or should technically be considered a human life.

You realize this same idiotic, hyperbolic, emotionally charged empty rhetoric is no different, nor more legitimate, than what your mirror image on the other side says...it's based wholly on ones OPINION, because frankly that's all it is for either side, of when an unborn human is or should technically be considered a human life.

The example I gave is only one of thousands of women who for medical complications of the fetus must make difficult decisions that should not be dictated by a intruding State. Since the vast majority of "elective" abortions happen much earlier than 20 weeks many if not most women affected by this law will be similar to the one described.
I really don't see forcing a women to carry a fetus with no brain to term when it has no chance of survival as just a "matter of opinion" . It's the manifestation of men gone wild, and taking their anger out on the most innocent of women. It makes me ashamed of being male really. Do you honestly think this would be happening if men carried the fetus?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom