• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton campaign hacked refused to cooperate with FBI

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The computer network used by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign was hacked as part of a broad cyber attack on Democratic political organizations, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The latest attack, which was disclosed to Reuters on Friday, follows reports of two other hacks on the Democratic National Committee and the party’s fundraising committee for candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/exclusive-clinton-campaign-hacked-attacks-democrats-sources-205126731.html

Hillary Clinton thinks she is above the Law....and liberal dopes galore, will vote for her. Outrageous!

WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The computer network used by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign was hacked as part of a broad cyber attack on Democratic political organizations, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The latest attack, which was disclosed to Reuters on Friday, follows reports of two other hacks on the Democratic National Committee and the party’s fundraising committee for candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/exclusive-clinton-campaign-hacked-attacks-democrats-sources-205126731.html

Nothing in the article you posted reflects the title of the thread. Where in the article did you see that the Clinton Campaign refused to cooperate with the FBI?

Nothing in the article you posted reflects the title of the thread. Where in the article did you see that the Clinton Campaign refused to cooperate with the FBI?

I was wondering, Clapper was on the news saying that there isn't anywhere near enough evidence to determine who is actually doing these hacks, yet we keep hearing that it's Russia. Why Russia? The last time something similar to this happened, it occurred on January 17, 1972, and ended with Nixon resigning on August 9, 1974. Yet, we still automatically say Russia this time?

I was wondering, Clapper was on the news saying that there isn't anywhere near enough evidence to determine who is actually doing these hacks, yet we keep hearing that it's Russia. Why Russia? The last time something similar to this happened, it occurred on January 17, 1972, and ended with Nixon resigning on August 9, 1974. Yet, we still automatically say Russia this time?
Clapper may be right from a policy standpoint, but there is more than enough smoke detected by private companies in the cybersecurity business.

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/heres-know-russia-dnc-hack/

BTW, what is the alleged Russian connection to Watergate exactly? I haven't heard that conspiracy theory.

I didn't say Russia had anything to do with Watergate.
OK. What is the Watergate connection to the current hacking incident in your comment? I'm not trying to be difficult; just want to understand the similarity.

I didn't say Russia had anything to do with Watergate.

You said the opposite. I took your post to say that it it is kneejerk to blame Russia for the short comings of a party to keep their crap in one bag. I think manise is trying to be cute with one of those "gotcha" conversations.

No one in government knows for certain and if they do I haven't seen where the government said it was a Russian hack.

As far as I can see Mook screamed "RUSSIA" as soon as he read some of what was published by Wikilinks. That was a smart move on Mook's part. He hoped the deflection would take the public attention away from the Hillary/DNC email contents. Of course the MSM followed suit and began screaming "RUSSIA" knowing themselves the power the Press still has over the extremely gullible population of sheeple. And sure enough everyone is screaming RUSSIA.

We will never know but, I would not be in the least surprised if the U.S. Government worked with MSM to flog the hell out of the Russia thing. They have wanted Hillary from day one and they never believed Trump would make it this far.

Americans are duped once again by their own willingness to believe what they can't verify. Mook of course knows that.

Last edited:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-hillary-clinton-cyber-attack-000000269.html
In a meeting with senior officials at the campaign’s Brooklyn headquarters, FBI agents laid out concerns that cyberhackers had used so-called spear-phishing emails as part of an attempt to penetrate the campaign’s computers, the sources said. One of the sources said agents conducting a national security investigation asked the Clinton campaign to turn over internal computer logs as well as the personal email addresses of senior campaign officials. But the campaign, through its lawyers, declined to provide the data, deciding that the FBI’s request for sensitive personal and campaign information data was too broad and intrusive, the source said.

A second source who had been briefed on the matter and who confirmed the Brooklyn meeting said agents provided no specific information to the campaign about the identity of the cyberhackers or whether they were associated with a foreign government. The source said the campaign was already aware of attempts to penetrate its computers and had taken steps to thwart them, emphasizing that there is still no evidence that the campaign’s computers had actually been successfully penetrated.

And you just know Hillary is gonna put information from the security briefings in an e-mail because she's too old to remember all that crap, Rhodes scholar be damned. Unless of course she's allowed to write all that stuff down.

And you just know Hillary is gonna put information from the security briefings in an e-mail because she's too old to remember all that crap, Rhodes scholar be damned. Unless of course she's allowed to write all that stuff down.

One of her aides are going to take notes and email them to her via the Clinton Campaign server.

OK. What is the Watergate connection to the current hacking incident in your comment? I'm not trying to be difficult; just want to understand the similarity.

A group of people steal documents from the DNC - in both instances.

You said the opposite. I took your post to say that it it is kneejerk to blame Russia for the short comings of a party to keep their crap in one bag. I think manise is trying to be cute with one of those "gotcha" conversations.

I'm too tired, too old, and too "don't give a ****" for him to bother me. Basically, what I was saying, was that this is a major breach of document security that happened to these weed brains once before, in the early 1970's, and instead of fixing their problem, they're looking to blame any boogieman they can tie even in the slightest to Trump. Hell, it may have been Trump, and not the Russians. It could have been some of the Anonymous weed brains that are Bernie supporters. Who knows. But, instead of finding out the facts, they start shooting accusations out in the air like bird shot on a Sunday morning.

I'm too tired, too old, and too "don't give a ****" for him to bother me. Basically, what I was saying, was that this is a major breach of document security that happened to these weed brains once before, in the early 1970's, and instead of fixing their problem, they're looking to blame any boogieman they can tie even in the slightest to Trump. Hell, it may have been Trump, and not the Russians. It could have been some of the Anonymous weed brains that are Bernie supporters. Who knows. But, instead of finding out the facts, they start shooting accusations out in the air like bird shot on a Sunday morning.

I agree. If they took it seriously and followed policy, protocol and didn't do everything in their power to bypass federal regulations then they wouldn't have a problem.

No one in government knows for certain and if they do I haven't seen where the government said it was a Russian hack.

As far as I can see Mook screamed "RUSSIA" as soon as he read some of what was published by Wikilinks. That was a smart move on Mook's part. He hoped the deflection would take the public attention away from the Hillary/DNC email contents. Of course the MSM followed suit and began screaming "RUSSIA" knowing themselves the power the Press still has over the extremely gullible population of sheeple. And sure enough everyone is screaming RUSSIA.

We will never know but, I would not be in the least surprised if the U.S. Government worked with MSM to flog the hell out of the Russia thing. They have wanted Hillary from day one and they never believed Trump would make it this far.

Americans are duped once again by their own willingness to believe what they can't verify. Mook of course knows that.

I think you're right on. Compare this "Russian flogging" with the flogging administered to them by government and media regarding the MH17 shootdown. Villification and propaganda, blatantly obvious IMO.

Back
Top Bottom