• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton Campaign Computer Network Was Hacked: Report

Μολὼν λαβέ

Si vis pacem, para bellum
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
As crappy as the democrats are with security, it makes you wonder how safe our secrets would be if the Hildabeast were president.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066141986 said:
This story is about a different breach, one on a Hillary campaign computer, not the DNC hack revealed last week.

Actually, it's an extension of the DNC hack. An auxiliary system maintained by the DNC containing a data base that both Sanders and Clinton campaigns could access was breached. The Clinton campaign maintains that their internal servers have been thoroughly inspected and have not been affected.

Off the top of my head I can ramble off a number of corporations that have had their servers breached, including Bank of America, Blue Cross, Target, Sony, Anthem Heath, etc.

I find it sad that there is a blame the victim mentality about these hacks, despite the fact that the FBI quite clearly believes that these DNC attacks, along with attacks on the Pentagon, DOJ and other government agencies, are initiated by Russia. All Americans, regardless of political affiliation, should be outraged that a foreign government appears to be interfering in an American presidential election. Regardless of who ends up being president next year, we will all still be Americans, after all.

I just don't understand the mindset of many on this forum.

Actually, it's an extension of the DNC hack. An auxiliary system maintained by the DNC containing a data base that both Sanders and Clinton campaigns could access was breached. The Clinton campaign maintains that their internal servers have been thoroughly inspected and have not been affected.

Off the top of my head I can ramble off a number of corporations that have had their servers breached, including Bank of America, Blue Cross, Target, Sony, Anthem Heath, etc.

I find it sad that there is a blame the victim mentality about these hacks, despite the fact that the FBI quite clearly believes that these DNC attacks, along with attacks on the Pentagon, DOJ and other government agencies, are initiated by Russia. All Americans, regardless of political affiliation, should be outraged that a foreign government appears to be interfering in an American presidential election. Regardless of who ends up being president next year, we will all still be Americans, after all.

But but but they are not the democratic party computers so they do not count!

State sponsored hacking is a norm for all States with intelligence services. Should Americans also be outraged by our own actions against Russian, Chinese, or German entities?

I'm still not seeing much evidence in the case of the DNC hack it was state sponsored. While the political advantage is obvious donor transactions are also a target. It would also seem, to me at least, the ruskies might get better use out of the info... beyond disruption. I don't think they would just reveal the info...

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066141986 said:
This story is about a different breach on a Hillary campaign computer, not the DNC hack revealed last week.

They're saying that they're related.

I don't either. Many here think its no big deal that Hillary violated State Department regulations and placed national security at risk.

Now that hacks have occurred its a big deal. Not only that, but blame Trump.

These are Trump's words:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

But to liberals this is Trump calling for Russia to hack Hillary's emails.

These people should try listening or reading for comprehension.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

Can someone connect the dots for me with Russia and wanting to damage the Democrats in this election?

Back
Top Bottom