• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton admits illegal immigration a problem...

What? The problem is not easy to be solved, the Democrats have not shifted to pro illegal immigration. It is just the problem is a lot more complex than building a wall to keep Mexicans out. The problem the Republicans suffer from is that they seem to make a racially motivated issue, seemingly using Mexican and illegal immigrant interchangeably.

Democrats have shifted to pro-illegal immigration.

Not really considering what Trump has been saying about his wall. It is not a clear cut issue but the Republicans want to paint it as such. What are you going to do with the ones already here? What about those who have spent most of their lives here? The republicans think that stricter border controls and assuming all Mexicans are illegals trying to enter the country will solve everything.
Who cares if they spent most of their lives here? That's like saying it's ok to commit crime as long as it happened a long time ago.

To be accurate, Reagan made a deal with the devil (i.e. Congressional Democrats) and the devil didn't uphold his part of the bargain. They approved the amnesty and didn't secure the border. It's why conservatives and Republicans don't trust a word out of any liberal or Democrat's mouth related to the subject.

Ronald Reagan said:
Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and then, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open the borders both ways.

Lol, if reagan were alive today he'd be kicked out of the RNC for being a bleeding heart liberal.

Excuse me, but this thread is about the hypocrisy of the left re illegal immigration.

It is about illegal immigration. Who pissed in your cereal this morning? The Democrats realize that just building more barriers on the border is not going to work and there is a human element to the issue.

Wow, you managed to only respond to a teeny tiny bit of my response huh?

Has Barack Obama deported more people than any other president in U.S. history? | PolitiFact

Technically, the ad isn’t correct to say that Barack Obama "has deported more people than any other president in this country's history," since George W. Bush cumulatively deported more over his full eight-year term -- and since Bush would remain ahead of Obama if Mitt Romney wins the presidency in November.

However, we -- and the experts we interviewed -- agree that the ad is right to note a significant jump in deportations under Obama. Measured by the monthly frequency of deportation, Obama’s numbers are significantly higher than Bush’s were, even as the estimated population of illegal immigrants was falling. We rate the claim Half True.

Who cares if they spent most of their lives here? That's like saying it's ok to commit crime as long as it happened a long time ago.

They are more American because that is all they know, they cannot integrate back into Mexican society. It would be like sending a second generation Italian immigrant back to Italy. Also statute of limitations are a thing by the way.

It is about illegal immigration. Who pissed in your cereal this morning? The Democrats realize that just building more barriers on the border is not going to work and there is a human element to the issue.

Actually everywhere it was tried border walls did decrease inflow.

Actually everywhere it was tried border walls did decrease inflow.

A wall is not goign to stop someone who really wants to cross. You also cannot build a wall along the border or even most of it really.

Rated as Half True. Is that like Half Pregnant?

They rated the original claim half true, but the original claim was different than what we were discussing. So I carefully quoted the pertinent information cleanly and neatly so that you'd be able to read it without any trouble on your part so that there wouldn't be any misunderstanding on your part. Apparently I didn't bold the quote enough to your liking? Did I make a mistake when I assumed that you are actually trying to understand what I'm saying? Do you feel the quote and information doesn't say what it says?

A wall is not goign to stop someone who really wants to cross. You also cannot build a wall along the border or even most of it really.

Its hard to reason with a bigot

They are more American because that is all they know, they cannot integrate back into Mexican society. It would be like sending a second generation Italian immigrant back to Italy. Also statute of limitations are a thing by the way.
You realize that the hole in your argument is that people immigrate to this country all the time. French, Chinese, Brazilians. How is it that those people can integrate when the come here but people can't go back and integrate into their own countries?

So then are you tacitly agreeing that rape, vandalism, theft, and all such cries are ok as long as you can get away with it long enough? Liberals are funny folks.

Analogy:

Helmets will not stop someone from dying in all motorcycle accidents so lets not require them.

Drunk checks will not stop all drunk driving deaths, so lets not require them.

There are walls around many businesses many homes. I have to ask... Why do all those houses and businesses go through the expense of putting up wall? You can't stop everyone from getting in.

So then are you tacitly agreeing that rape, vandalism, theft, and all such cries are ok as long as you can get away with it long enough? Liberals are funny folks.

Wow, what a dishonest argument.

You must be losing the discussion badly if you are being that obviously dishonest and ham-fisted with your argument.

You realize that the hole in your argument is that people immigrate to this country all the time. French, Chinese, Brazilians. How is it that those people can integrate when the come here but people can't go back and integrate into their own countries?

Statute of limitations are a real thing. There are certain crimes that after a period of time you cannot be tried for them. The people I am talking about are children who were brought here when they ere very young and grew up in the US, they have no memories of Mexico, they are American. You would be sending them back to a country they have never known.

It is not a 100% solution so lets not do it.

You can build a wall where it is most required.

It do ens to solve the problem, it still exists. All it does is create another market for ladders. A lot of the places a wall would would be required but you can't build one. You have to solve the problem at the source.

Not really considering what Trump has been saying about his wall. It is not a clear cut issue but the Republicans want to paint it as such. What are you going to do with the ones already here? What about those who have spent most of their lives here? The republicans think that stricter border controls and assuming all Mexicans are illegals trying to enter the country will solve everything.

You're right on all counts, but the liberal open boarders idealism is not going to work either. The boarder needs to be secured.

You're right on all counts, but the liberal open boarders idealism is not going to work either. The boarder needs to be secured.

maybe we can send them to africa?

They rated the original claim half true, but the original claim was different than what we were discussing. So I carefully quoted the pertinent information cleanly and neatly so that you'd be able to read it without any trouble on your part so that there wouldn't be any misunderstanding on your part. Apparently I didn't bold the quote enough to your liking? Did I make a mistake when I assumed that you are actually trying to understand what I'm saying? Do you feel the quote and information doesn't say what it says?

RoughDraft, I sure read more of yours than you did of mine. Did you catch the part where Obama's numbers counted "stopped at the border?" When we change the way the stats are kept, they become useless. Or don't you Agree?

RoughDraft, I sure read more of yours than you did of mine. Did you catch the part where Obama's numbers counted "stopped at the border?" When we change the way the stats are kept, they become useless. Or don't you Agree?

Yea. And I can take the word of a highly biased conservative think tank who's been widely criticized for faulty research, or I can trust politifact who has a very good record of truth imho.

Like I said, we can quibble over this very minor point "well it only went up if you can it this way", but it completely disregards the rest of my original response to your post which was more important than this side note in my opinion.

Lol, if reagan were alive today he'd be kicked out of the RNC for being a bleeding heart liberal.

Doesn't change one bit what I posted. Perhaps you're the person Carjosse is talking about - the person who doesn't know the difference between illegal alien and legal immigration.

Its hard to reason with a bigot

Wonderful that people like you call those who want to protect their country and their way of life bigots. Just curious - do you lock the doors to your home at night or when you're not there? Or do you leave them open and encourage strangers to take possession and squat in your home uninvited and undeterred? Are you a bigot if you prefer to keep your home secure and inaccessible to strangers and potentially criminals?

Easy to be flippant and ignorantly label others, isn't it?

It do ens to solve the problem, it still exists. All it does is create another market for ladders.

No, it slows the flow.

It is not a 100% solution, but it helps.

A lot of the places a wall would would be required but you can't build one. You have to solve the problem at the source.

And the source of the problem is MEXICO....

How do WE solve MEXICAN problems?

Back
Top Bottom