• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clintion good or bad?

Clintion good ok or bad?

• Good

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Ok-norm

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

nogoodname

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Was he a good president or a bad one.

I belive he was a good one because he stayed true to his promises and helped the economy and tryed hard to make life easyer for the poorer people. :2razz:

During Clintons presidency, I really didnt care much for him, though aspects of his policies were....ok. Circumstances have forced me to look again at him, in the light of what we have now, and he seems pretty damn good in comparison.

tecoyah said:
During Clintons presidency, I really didnt care much for him, though aspects of his policies were....ok. Circumstances have forced me to look again at him, in the light of what we have now, and he seems pretty damn good in comparison.
well i like how people look historicly at a president and i dont see why people are so mad with him or hate him just for sleeping with a women then lieing about it. i mean omg he had sex and hes the president like they havent had sex before.:roll:

Clinton pretty much stayed true to set out and do what he said he'd do. Balanced the budget, it was balanced to the point to which the national debt was going to be paid off if nothing of the budget was touched.
But then he didn't do much else so can't really say good either. Today's situation is we have a completely incompetent administration with hawks and fanatics hiding behind a sheild of claiming to protect us from the big bad wolf at the sacrifice of just a few of our civil liberties.

Like him, though he should've ordered the strike on Osama. Came close, but, he says, didn't want to leave W with a war to start off with like Daddy Bush did to him.

Well, hindsights 20-20, and he says he believed W would order the strike right away anyway instead of put in on the back burner to tax cuts.

On the whole, great job.

Now, we all need to remember to hold the judgement on W too. Who know's, maybe who's next'll be worse......

or maybe not. (we can pray)

cal02ls6.jpg

Was he a good president or a bad one?

Bad one.

He ran away from the threat of Islamic terrorism. Many many times, starting with the World Trade Center attack in 1993, thus cementing the "paper tiger" belief amongst our enemies.

He lied in front of a grand jury, which he should have had the balls to say "You don't indict the prez to have him testify, you impeach him".

He assaulted and butchered a group people who's only "crime" was defending their second amendment rights.

His "economy" was all a result of Reagan's SDI, but he deluded the people into thinking it was because of his policies.

But most damning of all, he ran his presidency by sticking his finger in the wind to discern public opinion, when the very nature of a federal republic is to elect a man that will make the decisions that the general public is too niave and ignorant in knowledge to make an informed decision.

Clinton was the worst president we've had in a long long time.

AcePylut said:
Was he a good president or a bad one?

Bad one.

He ran away from the threat of Islamic terrorism. Many many times, starting with the World Trade Center attack in 1993, thus cementing the "paper tiger" belief amongst our enemies.
Perhaps, but so did Regan, so did Bush Sr. And so did Bush Jr. before 9/11. Bush Jr. ignored OBL even when receiving "eminent attack" intel in August, yet he still did nothing and took a 5 week vacation. What would you do if you recieved a report citing "eminent attack"? Go on vacation? So with regards to Terrorism, they're mostly on the same plane with Bush Jr. being incompetent and irresponsible.

AcePylut said:
He lied in front of a grand jury, which he should have had the balls to say "You don't indict the prez to have him testify, you impeach him".
Yes, getting a blow job is great grounds for impeachment. The whole thing was nothing but other then to shame the president.

AcePylut said:
He assaulted and butchered a group people who's only "crime" was defending their second amendment rights.
He assaulted and butchered? Really? I must've missed that story, care to share it with the rest of us?

AcePylut said:
His "economy" was all a result of Reagan's SDI, but he deluded the people into thinking it was because of his policies.
Actually the facts show that Regan was what led to the recession during Bush Sr. because Regan turned a surplus economy into a huge deficit and drained the national treasury for his star wars program; on top of that Regan slashed taxes reducing overall revenue. So reduced revenue and increased spending. Bush Sr. had to raise all those taxes back up - breaking his campaign commitment "Read his lips - No new taxes". Clinton on the other hand accomplished exactly what he said he would do. He cut spending, and increased revenue, ending his presidency with an overall surplus which Bush Jr. quickly got rid of plunging the nation back into a huge deficit - if not the greatest in this Nation's history.

AcePylut said:
But most damning of all, he ran his presidency by sticking his finger in the wind to discern public opinion, when the very nature of a federal republic is to elect a man that will make the decisions that the general public is too niave and ignorant in knowledge to make an informed decision.
Really? I thought it was to elect a person representative of the majority who would actually have the competance to lead the nation and the free world. Clinton was pretty good in leading the nation, and mediocre with leading the free world.

AcePylut said:
Clinton was the worst president we've had in a long long time.
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. and I say toe may toe.

jfuh said:
Perhaps, but so did Regan, so did Bush Sr. And so did Bush Jr. before 9/11. Bush Jr. ignored OBL even when receiving "eminent attack" intel in August, yet he still did nothing and took a 5 week vacation. What would you do if you recieved a report citing "eminent attack"? Go on vacation? So with regards to Terrorism, they're mostly on the same plane with Bush Jr. being incompetent and irresponsible.

Here's the so-called "imminent attack" brief.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf

Not hardly an indication of an "imminent attack", or even of an actionable threat. The media sure did spin it that way, though.

Note the April 10, 2004 date is the timestamp from when it was de-classified.

It was Clinton who was Prez when OBL declared war upon the US. And Clinton, not wanting to lose .000001% points of popularity, didn't do a thing about it, when he should have been in front of the camera's 24/7 telling America about it.

It was Clinton who created the so-called "barrier" between our intel agencies thus preventing a free flow of information that might have allowed us to stop 9/11 before it happened.

But worst of all when it comes to islamic terrorism, it was good ole Clinton himself that made the decision that "human assets" weren't necessary and the same quality info could be gained from technological means only, and thus, our human intel plummeted, and we are still trying to recover from that disaster of a choice.

Go ahead and read OBL's declaration of war.... http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/international/fatwa_1996.html

"But your most disgraceful case was in Somalia; where- after vigorous propaganda about the power of the USA and its post cold war leadership of the new world order- you moved tens of thousands of international force, including twenty eight thousands American solders into Somalia. However, when tens of your solders were killed in minor battles and one American Pilot was dragged in the streets of Mogadishu you left the area carrying disappointment, humiliation, defeat and your dead with you. Clinton appeared in front of the whole world threatening and promising revenge , but these threats were merely a preparation for withdrawal. "

Yes, getting a blow job is great grounds for impeachment. The whole thing was nothing but other then to shame the president.

I don't give a dang if he got a blow job or not. what I care about is that he A) Took an oath in front of a grand jury to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, and then lied.

But that's not as bad as the fact that he lied to the person he gets naked with every single night, the woman that knows more about him than any other person in the world, the woman that is the one rock he can lean when times are bad.... and if you lie to *that* person, then there is no way in hell I'll ever believe you when you speak to "me", who "you" don't get naked with

You are right though, for the US President to bring such shame upon his office because he couldn't keep his pecker in his pants, that's definitely not a sign of a "good" president.

He assaulted and butchered? Really? I must've missed that story, care to share it with the rest of us?

Waco.

What was their crime? Possession of so-called "illegal firearms", which as defined by the US Constition, is an oxymoron.

Actually the facts show that Regan was what led to the recession during Bush Sr. because Regan turned a surplus economy into a huge deficit and drained the national treasury for his star wars program; on top of that Regan slashed taxes reducing overall revenue. So reduced revenue and increased spending. Bush Sr. had to raise all those taxes back up - breaking his campaign commitment "Read his lips - No new taxes". Clinton on the other hand accomplished exactly what he said he would do. He cut spending, and increased revenue, ending his presidency with an overall surplus which Bush Jr. quickly got rid of plunging the nation back into a huge deficit - if not the greatest in this Nation's history.

Actually, one must understand the nature of "New Product Development" to understand that Reagan's policies are what LEAD to the economic boom of the 1990's. Ya see, the SDI was the "new product", and money was pumped into this "new product", which, by the time SDI became a marketable and sellable "product", became the tech boom of the 90's. Clinton's economic policies took time to have an effect, which lead to the bubble bursting in the late 90's, just in time for him to leave office with this 'myth' that he was good for the economy, when in fact his economic policies of "increase taxes 300bn$$" lead to the economic downturn that Bush 2 inherited, which was compounded by 9/11. And the facts are quickly bearing out that Bush 2's tax policies saved our economy. Not to mention that Reagan's SDI and defense spending won the cold war, which everyone seems to forget that we were indeed in a war, when talking about Reagan's presidency

Clinton's "cutting spending" is a word play that is an oxymoron. He didn't "cur spending", he merely decreased the amount of spending * increases * that were regularly scheduled. Clinton "increased revenue" by raising taxes, which again is a faulty argument, as Bush Jr's tax cuts - and the revenue being generated for the US Gov't by the US citizens having more $$ in their pockets - bears out this fallacy that "Clinton was good because he increased US Gov't Revenue". And that myth is based on the belief that "higher taxes = good thing".

Really? I thought it was to elect a person representative of the majority who would actually have the competance to lead the nation and the free world. Clinton was pretty good in leading the nation, and mediocre with leading the free world.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. and I say toe may toe.

Well first off, Clinton didn't represent a majority. The best he did was 46% in 1996. Second, I'd advise reading Plato's Republic to understand the duty of an elected official in a democracy.

Sticking your finger in the political winds, and doing whatever the current popularity poll says, is called "mob rule", and the primary reason the democracy of ancient Greece didn't survive but a few years.

I disagree that CLinton was good in leading the nation. Don't get me wrong, though, he did end up doing a couple good things like reform Welfare and getting Egypt and Jordan to recognize Israel... but all in all, he was very bad for our nation, and history will judge him so, once everyone with a vested emotional interest in his presidency has passed away, and his presidency can be viewed objectively.

As much as I want to say he was "ok" I can't. He was just terrible.

AcePylut,

I disagree that CLinton was good in leading the nation. Don't get me wrong, though, he did end up doing a couple good things like reform Welfare and getting Egypt and Jordan to recognize Israel... but all in all, he was very bad for our nation, and history will judge him so, once everyone with a vested emotional interest in his presidency has passed away, and his presidency can be viewed objectively.

I agree 100%.

Clinton was the best president we had in the past 50 years.

If Clinton were in office now, and had done what Bush has done to our nation, all the talking heads, like Hannity and Coulter, would be calling for his impeachment...impeachment for lying to the American people, lying to the U.N., manipulating intelligence to take us into an unneccessary war, placing our soldiers at risk by using them as bait to attract terrorism, expanding the size and scope of government, letting immigration go unchecked, and allowing the federal budget to mushroom out of control.

Yet, some have the nerve to praise Bush's economic policies?! Bush has bankrupted America and betrayed the Reagan legacy.

Clinton was a saint compared to Bush.

Clinton did more to combat terrorism then any president before him, and was fought every step of the way by a republican congress.

The Clinton's have been cleared of all wrongdoing regarding travelgate, whitewater, filegate...what have you, despite a well financed attack on his presidency designed to bring him down at any cost, including the sacrifice of our own American democracy.

So, Acepylot...don't forget to turn the oxygen on in your cockpit next time.

AcePylut said:

Not hardly an indication of an "imminent attack", or even of an actionable threat. The media sure did spin it that way, though.

It was Clinton who was Prez when OBL declared war upon the US. And Clinton, not wanting to lose .000001% points of popularity, didn't do a thing about it, when he should have been in front of the camera's 24/7 telling America about it.

It was Clinton who created the so-called "barrier" between our intel agencies thus preventing a free flow of information that might have allowed us to stop 9/11 before it happened.

But worst of all when it comes to islamic terrorism, it was good ole Clinton himself that made the decision that "human assets" weren't necessary and the same quality info could be gained from technological means only, and thus, our human intel plummeted, and we are still trying to recover from that disaster of a choice.

Go ahead and read OBL's declaration of war.... http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/international/fatwa_1996.html

"But your most disgraceful case was in Somalia; where- after vigorous propaganda about the power of the USA and its post cold war leadership of the new world order- you moved tens of thousands of international force, including twenty eight thousands American solders into Somalia. However, when tens of your solders were killed in minor battles and one American Pilot was dragged in the streets of Mogadishu you left the area carrying disappointment, humiliation, defeat and your dead with you. Clinton appeared in front of the whole world threatening and promising revenge , but these threats were merely a preparation for withdrawal. "
It's interesting because this "ignoring" the problem that you cite Clinton as doing is one reason that you say he's a horrible president. Yet in this case it's interesting even with a report that states
Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.
Yet did Bush do anything at all? Nope, he just continued with his vacation. And lets not forget the full 7 minutes that he simply sat there while hearing of attack on the US in the classroom dumbfounded. This is a day and age when nukes take a mere 30 minutes to strike any US city and he sat there doing absolutely nothing. Would you have done nothing?
Now you also claim

I ask you, what barrier did he put between intel agenicies? Also what source can you cite that deems Clinton taking out Human assets? What form of info? What has Bush done to counter that? Warrentless domestic wiretaps?

AcePylut said:
I don't give a dang if he got a blow job or not. what I care about is that he A) Took an oath in front of a grand jury to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, and then lied.
This ignoring the fact that it was to protect his family. Tell me, who died when Clinton lied? Yet how many have now died because Rumsfield and Bush have lied?

AcePylut said:
But that's not as bad as the fact that he lied to the person he gets naked with every single night, the woman that knows more about him than any other person in the world, the woman that is the one rock he can lean when times are bad.... and if you lie to *that* person, then there is no way in hell I'll ever believe you when you speak to "me", who "you" don't get naked with
THAt's none of your nor my business. Also let's not forget that what he does in his private life has absolutely nothing to do with his presidency. It is discerning that he also got a blow job while on the phone with some heads of state on important national matters, but hardly seemed to cause any war nor confusion.

AcePylut said:
You are right though, for the US President to bring such shame upon his office because he couldn't keep his pecker in his pants, that's definitely not a sign of a "good" president.

AcePylut said:
Waco.

What was their crime? Possession of so-called "illegal firearms", which as defined by the US Constition, is an oxymoron.
Religious fundamentalists that burned themselves to the ground. yep that's assault and butchery there. Hey they wanted to go see meet thier creator and then they did just that. Now what firearms did the wackos possess? Assault weapons which at the time were indeed banned by legislation that Bush allowed to expire.

AcePylut said:
Actually, one must understand the nature of "New Product Development" to understand that Reagan's policies are what LEAD to the economic boom of the 1990's. Ya see, the SDI was the "new product", and money was pumped into this "new product", which, by the time SDI became a marketable and sellable "product", became the tech boom of the 90's. Clinton's economic policies took time to have an effect, which lead to the bubble bursting in the late 90's, just in time for him to leave office with this 'myth' that he was good for the economy, when in fact his economic policies of "increase taxes 300bn$$" lead to the economic downturn that Bush 2 inherited, which was compounded by 9/11. And the facts are quickly bearing out that Bush 2's tax policies saved our economy. Not to mention that Reagan's SDI and defense spending won the cold war, which everyone seems to forget that we were indeed in a war, when talking about Reagan's presidency
The Soveit union's collapse was inevitable. Afganistan was a catalyst for the implosion. Reagan's SDI had very little to do with anything except driving the nation far into deficit. You can not spend your way into winning a war. Old fashioned diplomacy, alliances, and strategic placement of military might was what contained the Soviets allowing them to implode. Communism itself goes against human nature of competitiveness. It is note worthy that you make zero mention of Bush Sr.'s Recession.
Clinton's economic policies had nothing to do with the dot com burst. It was an overhyped market by investment firms of a virtual industry that led to the burst.

AcePylut said:
Clinton's "cutting spending" is a word play that is an oxymoron. He didn't "cur spending", he merely decreased the amount of spending * increases * that were regularly scheduled. Clinton "increased revenue" by raising taxes, which again is a faulty argument, as Bush Jr's tax cuts - and the revenue being generated for the US Gov't by the US citizens having more $$ in their pockets - bears out this fallacy that "Clinton was good because he increased US Gov't Revenue". And that myth is based on the belief that "higher taxes = good thing".
$300 is more money in our pockets? Let's see, decrease spending increases in an economy who's GDP is rising. Call it what you will, he capped the spending and prevented further digs into the budget.
What have Bush Jr.'s cuts done? Generate more revenue? really? So why then are we now in the greatest national debt in the history of this nation, even after adjustment from inflation?
Clinton blananced the budget however you argue there's simply no way you can get around that simple fact.

AcePylut said:
Well first off, Clinton didn't represent a majority. The best he did was 46% in 1996. Second, I'd advise reading Plato's Republic to understand the duty of an elected official in a democracy.
What did Bush (both of them) get?

AcePylut said:
Sticking your finger in the political winds, and doing whatever the current popularity poll says, is called "mob rule", and the primary reason the democracy of ancient Greece didn't survive but a few years.
Clinton listened to the people that elected him and focused on what was important to America. In contrast to focusing on what was good for a select few industries.

AcePylut said:
He will not be judged as bad at all, he will be irrelevent - just like the 8th US president or the 23rd

clintion didnt ignore terroists he blew them up and acturaly hit camps unlike when bush blows up schools and say their terrosits camps. What about also the troops he sent in to end civil wars and stuff? He couldnt of been all bad.

nogoodname said:
clintion didnt ignore terroists he blew them up and acturaly hit camps unlike when bush blows up schools and say their terrosits camps. What about also the troops he sent in to end civil wars and stuff? He couldnt of been all bad.

O' puh-leeze.....:roll:

He lobbed a couple of missles into the desert and took out an aspirin factory plus a few other token actions which I can hardly recall...

But I conceed, by comparison, he was head and shoulders a better president than the one we got now (but who wasn't?)

Which is best? Dumb or dumber? Lemme think......:confused:

But my opinion don't count. I'm jaded. I have an inherent mistrust of all politicians for the most part.

Captain America said:

He lobbed a couple of missles into the desert and took out an aspirin factory plus a few other token actions which I can hardly recall...

But I conceed, by comparison, he was head and shoulders a better president than the one we got now (but who wasn't?)

But my opinion don't count. I'm jaded. I have an inherent mistrust of all politicians for the most part.
hehe ya damn dirty politicians you always got to mistrust them.

Captain America said:

Bingo, you can't get any worse than this administration. This one has set the bar very very very low. Quite reflective of Bush's report cards while he was in school.

nogoodname said:
hehe ya damn dirty politicians you always got to mistrust them.
"You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest"

Hoot said:
Clinton was the best president we had in the past 50 years.

If Clinton were in office now, and had done what Bush has done to our nation, all the talking heads, like Hannity and Coulter, would be calling for his impeachment...impeachment for lying to the American people, lying to the U.N., manipulating intelligence to take us into an unneccessary war, placing our soldiers at risk by using them as bait to attract terrorism, expanding the size and scope of government, letting immigration go unchecked, and allowing the federal budget to mushroom out of control.

Yet, some have the nerve to praise Bush's economic policies?! Bush has bankrupted America and betrayed the Reagan legacy.

Clinton was a saint compared to Bush.

Clinton did more to combat terrorism then any president before him, and was fought every step of the way by a republican congress.

The Clinton's have been cleared of all wrongdoing regarding travelgate, whitewater, filegate...what have you, despite a well financed attack on his presidency designed to bring him down at any cost, including the sacrifice of our own American democracy.

So, Acepylot...don't forget to turn the oxygen on in your cockpit next time.

The use of the ad hominem argument to gain coverts to your belief only destroys the credibility of your post.

jfuh, I'll respond to you later, when I have more time. This post was too easy, cuz I ain't gonna waste my time dealing with those that can't debate in a civilized manner. Not to mention that the FAA only requires oxygen when you are at or above 14,000ft ASL, or if you're above 12,500ft ASL after 30 minutes. Pretty sad when you can't even get an insult right. LOL

Was Clinton good or bad? I think he was ok. Just like anyone else he had his good things and bad. I will say he was heads above what we have now. What I liked best about him was he seemed to care about middle class America, your average citizen.

AcePylut said:

Waco.

I disagree that Clinton was good in leading the nation. Don't get me wrong, though, he did end up doing a couple good things like reform Welfare and getting Egypt and Jordan to recognize Israel... but all in all, he was very bad for our nation, and history will judge him so, once everyone with a vested emotional interest in his presidency has passed away, and his presidency can be viewed objectively.

I think its obvious enough to see that both presidents did not do enough about terrorism.

Theres plenty of presidents who weren't completely commited to their wives. People shouldn't look to politicians to be moral poster boys and girls, but rather lead us towards good policy.

Plato's republic? The Book hassuggestions of how men should spend their life in his perfect society. It is completely out of date with any free or modern society. It tells how men should spend a good 10 years of their life in hard labor. Then at age 60 or so become politicians/philosophers, it had some good ideas, but many unapplicable ones.

I agree that Clinton did get help from deregulation of the market on Reagans part. But balancing the budget did happen, along with Republican congressmen. Could you specify which tax raises you're talking about?

Lets not also forget that president bush was noble in trying to cut taxes. But he didn't show the same nobility in spending. Government outlays for discretionary spending have soared under Bush. Lets never mention a great small government man like Reagan in the same sentence with Big Government Bush.

I agree that clinton didn't have the best of foreign policies. But certainly not the worst.

What led to the whole WACO incident was shipments of hand grenades to that facility. Thats enough probable cause to warrant a search. No government or independent studies indicate the government agents had anything to do with the fire of that facility. I am all for laxing up gun restrictions, to a degree, but under the law of the time Clinton was able to investigate a group that hand grenades being sent to their doorstep.

jfuh said:
Clinton pretty much stayed true to set out and do what he said he'd do. Balanced the budget, it was balanced to the point to which the national debt was going to be paid off if nothing of the budget was touched.
More of this balanced budget BS again. The Clinto admin did what every President has done for the last few decades - borrowed money from SSI to add totheir budget. Clinton did not balance the budget, he merely used the same crooked books used for years to make it look like he did. He also stole a big chunk of the private industry's investment capitol to pad this deception.
But then he didn't do much else so can't really say good either. Today's situation is we have a completely incompetent administration with hawks and fanatics hiding behind a sheild of claiming to protect us from the big bad wolf at the sacrifice of just a few of our civil liberties.
Name the civil liberties that you have lost. Please, just give us a list and an concrete example to support them.

jfuh said:
He wasn't impeached for Oral sex in the Oval Office, he was impeached for lieing to Congress about oral sex in the Oval Office. He swore to tell the truth and then lied. In the setting he was in, that is a crime. Clinton got off easy, he should have been convicted of perjury.

faithful_servant said:
More of this balanced budget BS again. The Clinto admin did what every President has done for the last few decades - borrowed money from SSI to add totheir budget. Clinton did not balance the budget, he merely used the same crooked books used for years to make it look like he did.

Absolutely false. I know you cons would desparately like to believe this, given that it was an amazing (miraculous) accomplishment and given how badly the Republicans have screwed up the budget since.

But you can't get away with falsifying history here. No matter how you slice it, there was an actual balanced (and surplus) budget in 2000.

Contrast this year, the Govt will borrow over $500 billion for the 4th year in a row.

Name the civil liberties that you have lost. Please, just give us a list and an concrete example to support them.

The right to have a lawyer, be charged, have due process and a speedy trial if I am called a "enemy combatant".

Americanwoman,

Just like anyone else he had his good things and bad. I will say he was heads above what we have now. What I liked best about him was he seemed to care about middle class America, your average citizen.

Why do you say that? What was sooo good about him?

Ivan The Terrible said:
Americanwoman,

Why do you say that? What was sooo good about him?

I'm sure you will give him absolutely no credit for any of this, but a lot of good things happened while he was pres -- poverty went down, inflation was under control, unemployment went down, stock markets went up, Family Medical Leave Act passed, 22 million jobs were created, real incomes rose across the board (not just for the richest), huge deficits left over from Reagan/Bush were wiped out and replaced with a surplus, the civil war in Kosovo was put down without the loss of a single American life, crime rate dropped significantly, the economy enjoyed the longest boom in postwar history, welfare was reformed, the number of govt workers and agencies siginificantly reduced, interest rates fell, discretionary spending held under control ... just a few things off the top of my head, not in order of importance. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom