• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clint eastwood: Dems exploited 'poor slob' khan

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Clint Eastwood says the Democrats used the Gold Star family as pawns at the convention.
We got Clint leaving Craig's in WeHo Wednesday night, and he had criticism for both parties. He clearly thinks Trump crossed the line in his now-famous feud with the Khan family, but he thinks the Dems share in the blame for putting the grieving family on display for political gain.

Clint Eastwood Says Democrats Exploited Khan Family | TMZ.com

Clint Eastwood says the Democrats used the Gold Star family as pawns at the convention.
We got Clint leaving Craig's in WeHo Wednesday night, and he had criticism for both parties. He clearly thinks Trump crossed the line in his now-famous feud with the Khan family, but he thinks the Dems share in the blame for putting the grieving family on display for political gain.

Getting in front of millions of people, and expecting the tragic loss of a son will shield you from accounting for the total lies you say is outrageous.

Mr. Khan needs to sit down and move on.

The Hillary for Prez forces, and their partners in the Media, should be shamed into silence for using this family, and thinking they could get away with it unscathed and unchallenged.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of trying to lecture anyone on the US constitution when you believe and have written documents proclaiming that all law should be subservient to Sharia Law.

I think people on the whole are beginning to have doubts about victim culture. For sure using a victim to attack Trump then claiming that Trump cant defend himself against an attack..... because well, its a victim.....leaves a sour taste.

We need to get back to open and honest debate, with no special privileges for victims, or anyone else....let the ideas rise or fall under their own power, on their own worth.

Last edited:
I think people on the whole are beginning to have doubts about victim culture. For sure using a victim to attack Trump then claiming that Trump cant defend himself against an attack..... because well, its a victim.....leaves a sour taste.

We need to get back to open and honest debate, with no special privileges for victims, or anyone else....let the ideas rise or fall under their own power, on their own worth.

This is the same strategy as BLM, Thugs attack the cops but the cops cant defend themselves because if they do they are guilty of systematic racism.

This is the same strategy as BLM, Thugs attack the cops but the cops cant defend themselves because if they do they are guilty of systematic racism.

It really started early 90's with the feminist assertion that questioning/doubting/challenging a womans story that she is a sexuall assault victim is an act of "re victimizing" her. Our choices according to them are silence and active support for the alleged victim...with silence being the asshole move...according to them.

I object.

I refuse to obey the command.

True/Not True is the test that matters to me, not the speakers victim status, that to me is irrelevant.

Last edited:
It really started early 90's with the feminist assertion that questioning/doubting/challenging a womans story that she is a sexuall assault victim is an act of "re victimizing" her. Our choices according to them are silence and active support for the alleged victim...with silence being the asshole move...according to them.

I object.

True/Not True is the test that matters to me, not the speakers victim status, that to me is irrelevant.
well that was revealing.

The DNC expoited the Khan Family just as much as the RNC exploited Patricia Smith.

well that was revealing.

Saying that victims and alleged victims should not get extra rights to talk or extra protections from the consequences of talking is in complete violation of Victim Culture, which rules with an iron fist, as Trump is finding out.

Getting in front of millions of people, and expecting the tragic loss of a son will shield you from accounting for the total lies you say is outrageous.

The Hillary for Prez forces, and their partners in the Media, should be shamed into silence for using this family, and thinking they could get away with it unscathed and unchallenged.

If someone supports a particular candidate, and is invited to speak at the convention, why shouldn't they?

All this crying is making you people look thoroughly owned.

Like when the Republicans used him and his empty chair routine as pawns at the RNC in 2012.

If someone supports a particular candidate, and is invited to speak at the convention, why shouldn't they?

Who has suggested Khan didn't have a right to accept an invitation to speak?

This distortion of facts is making "you people" look thoroughly controlled by people telling you what to know and think.

What Khan shouldn't expect is to be shielded by his dead son so he could tell lies and distortions to the millions of people watching.

WHO?

You see I hope the problem with your equivalence theory...

Hillary Clinton did not attack Patricia Smith the way Donald Trump attacked the Khan Family. Which is why there isn't as much media attention on Patricia as there is on the Khans.

If Donald Trump had kept his big mouth shut, there wouldn't be all this major media attention on the Khans.

Last edited:
Clinton's response: Clinton extended her sympathy to Smith, and refrained from politicizing Smith's remarks during an interview on Fox News.

"My heart goes out to both of them," Clinton said. "Losing a child under any circumstances, especially in this case. Two State Department employees, extraordinary men both of them, two CIA contractors gave their lives protecting our country, our values...

"I don't hold any ill feeling for someone who in that moment may not fully recall everything that was or wasn't said."
Khizr Khan at the Democratic National Convention and Patricia Smith at the Republican National Convention: What's different | cleveland.com

THis is what Victim Culture demands, threat the victim as a victim, which means dont challenge what they say. They can say what ever they want, with no negative consequences allowed.

****. THAT.

Here's what Clint said more fully:

“You know, he’s a racist now because he’s talked about this judge. And yeah, it’s a dumb thing to say. I mean, to predicate your opinion on the fact that the guy was born to Mexican parents or something. He’s said a lot of dumb things. So have all of them. Both sides. But everybody—the press and everybody’s going, ‘Oh, well, that’s racist,’ and they’re making a big hoodoo out of it. Just ****ing get over it. It’s a sad time in history.
[]
(S)ecretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a ***** generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist. And then when I did Gran Torino, even my associate said, ‘This is a really good script, but it’s politically incorrect.’ And I said, ‘Good. Let me read it tonight.’ The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, ‘We’re starting this immediately.’"

Clint Eastwood Rips '***** Generation,' Says He'll Vote For Donald Trump

Sad. The geezer spent so many years playing tough guys that he actually thinks he is one...

Why are we listening to him anyway? He spent his last major appearance talking to a chair.

Who has suggested Khan didn't have a right to accept an invitation to speak?

This distortion of facts is making "you people" look thoroughly controlled by people telling you what to know and think.

What Khan shouldn't expect is to be shielded by his dead son so he could tell lies and distortions to the millions of people watching.

The OP contains no shred of evidence that Khan lied about anything. Nor has there been any such evidence on this thread. If you want to accuse someone of lying, fine; just prove it.

Saying that victims and alleged victims should not get extra rights to talk or extra protections from the consequences of talking is in complete violation of Victim Culture, which rules with an iron fist, as Trump is finding out.

This deserves the "lol what?" treatment.

lol what?

Hillary Clinton did not attack Patricia Smith the way Donald Trump attacked the Khan Family. Which is why there isn't as much media attention on Patricia as there is o the Khans.

If Donald Trump had kept his big mouth shut, there wouldn't be all this major media attention on the Khans.

Yep, but since Trump does not support Victim Culture he is not likely to conform to Victim Culture.

How exactly in your mind did TRump attack these people?

But hold on: Isn't the real problem with Trump's counterattack that it involved a personal smear of the couple — and especially of Ghazala Khan, who stood silently by her husband's side while he delivered his speech? About this silence, Trump remarked to ABC News' George Stephanopoulos, "If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say." In an interview with Maureen Dowd, he repeated the insinuation: "I'd like to hear his wife say something."

This is not slander.
The media's foolish moralizing on Donald Trump

Also, point of fact: Night 1 RNC is not equivalent to Night 4 DNC.

They should if they wish. However, they should know going in that they put themselves in the same position as all public speakers at that point - what they say, how they present themselves, is open for review from those who agree and disagree with them.

Yep, but since Trump does not support Victim Culture he is not likely to conform to Victim Culture.

But, of course he does, and did so by whining like a total ***** that he was 'viciously attacked'.

He comes off as a total candy-ass who can't take even the slightest bit of heat.

But, of course he does, and did so by whining like a total ***** that he was 'viciously attacked'.

He comes off as a total candy-ass who can't take even the slightest bit of heat.

To me he looks like someone who cares enough about themselves to not let others take free shots, victim or no.

I said within 24 hours that Trump handled this wrong, he should have gone after this particular attack dog harder, and smarter, he held back trying to appease the insiders of the party. And now they are pissed off anyway, Trump should have thrown a solid punch since he is going to get accused of being slime anyways...make it count.

That's scummy liberal Democrats for ya!

Not to mention the hypocrisy of trying to lecture anyone on the US constitution when you believe and have written documents proclaiming that all law should be subservient to Sharia Law.

Yep!

Every time a Democrat proposes a new law or speaks in general....I have a sour taste in my mouth!

Exactly the same strategy! Sleazy Lefty operations!

I object.

DITTO!

well that was revealing.

Yes it was!

The DNC expoited the Khan Family just as much as the RNC exploited Patricia Smith.

Who dat?

Just like gays should not be allowed to have special rights. The entire Lefty narrative, is BS!

Back
Top Bottom