• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate scientists - there are plenty of them out there being ignored or disregarded by mainstream media

It is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century.

2018 US National Climate Assessment

We know that CO2 warms the world, that CO2 concentrations are at record-breaking levels, and that global temperatures are rising. But how do we know for certain that humans are the cause?

The answer is in the science. The CO2 produced from fossil fuels carries a unique signature that differentiates it from CO2 produced from other sources. In brief, it carries a specific ratio of carbon isotopes that is only found in the atmosphere when coal, oil, or gas is burned.

It is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century.

2018 US National Climate Assessment
Again, statistics do not make fact. They did not explicitly say greehouse gasses are the dominant cause of the observed warming.

Scientists call this δ13C (pronounced "delta C thirteen"), and it’s a smoking gun. Since the 1880s, δ13C has changed in a way that could only happen if CO2 was increasingly coming from fossil fuel sources.

That's another thing. The term "observed" warming.

This information tells scientists that human-caused fossil fuel emissions have been the main contributor to the rise in CO2 concentrations since the pre-industrial era.

Scientists call this δ13C (pronounced "delta C thirteen"), and it’s a smoking gun. Since the 1880s, δ13C has changed in a way that could only happen if CO2 was increasingly coming from fossil fuel sources.
Whopp-te-do...

I don't think anyone disagrees that isotopic analysis.

It should be obvious that this occurs. There shouldn't be any credible scientist disagreeing with that fingerprint of ours.

Bringing it up, just shows you really don't understand what it means.

This information tells scientists that human-caused fossil fuel emissions have been the main contributor to the rise in CO2 concentrations since the pre-industrial era.
Absolutely. I agree that we are the primary cause of CO2 increases in the atmosphere. So? Have I ever disagreed with that assessment?

This is funny.

It looks like you are just reading off of a bloggers talking points.

Why would I need to refute horse shit?
I see you are unable to. You offer nothing scientific to support your assertion, much less refute me. At this point, you're just talking BS!
Again, statistics do not make fact. They did not explicitly say greehouse gasses are the dominant cause of the observed warming.
What do you think causes warming? Hello?
This is funny.

It looks like you are just reading off of a bloggers talking points.
Much like you with denier talking points.

And you are just repeating the same old denier talking points as always.
Yet what you don't understand is, these are my own words. Not someone's talking points. Any agreement is coincidental.

LOL...

I have never disagreed with sound science. That's your department.
So you agree there is climate change/warming and human activity is significantly responsible for it? Good to know.

So you agree there is climate change/warming and human activity is significantly responsible for it? Good to know.
He will claim its not a problem though

Cue 1....2....

I see you are unable to. You offer nothing scientific to support your assertion, much less refute me. At this point, you're just talking BS!

What do you think causes warming? Hello?

Much like you with denier talking points.
I'm sorry you can't differentiate reality any better than the other two here.

What do I think causes the warming? I know of several factors that contribute. Why don't we start with, we really don't know how much the temperature has increased. The claim of ~0.8C is the best guess out there, but we could actually be cooling, or even have more than 2C.

There is no hard data!

I choose not to guess. I will say I do not trust the agenda driven results.

What do I think causes the warming? I know of several factors that contribute. Why don't we start with, we really don't know how much the temperature has increased. The claim of ~0.8C is the best guess out there, but we could actually be cooling, or even up to 2C.

There is no hard data!
Well that's a lie

What do I think causes the warming? I know of several factors that contribute. Why don't we start with, we really don't know how much the temperature has increased. The claim of ~0.8C is the best guess out there, but we could actually be cooling, or even up to 2C.

There is no hard data!
You offered no data to support your assertions. So you have nothing, especially nothing worthy of any serious consideration.

He will claim its not a problem though

Cue 1....2....
But it is a problem.

All, the scaremongering is throwing money into the fire. More and more agenda driven studies, disregarding studies related to the parts of the climate sciences we are still weak in.

That really is it. They only regurgitate the dogma, without understanding it.

True cultist!
Weird coming from a guy who thinks all the scientific organizations on earth don’t understand science as well as him….

But it is a problem.

All, the scaremongering is throwing money into the fire. More and more agenda driven studies, disregarding studies related to the parts of the climate sciences we are still weak in.
Good. Let's reduce ghgs then

Welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom