• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate Nut dies after lighting himself on fire outside Supreme Court

Pukka shells went out in the 1970s………:cool:

You should have told him that before he set himself on fire.
If he had only reached out……..not a proper send off for a climate activist, wut?

Adding to the carbon footprint and all…………………

From the article.

"......In 2020, Bruce left a cryptic Facebook comment that included a fire emoji and the date of his death, 4/22/2022....."

They may be killing themselves now, but it wont take much before they start killing others.
If we could only get more leftist nutjobs to self-immolate this would be a much safer and far better planet. I fully support his actions and sincerely hope that more leftist filth follow his very fine example.

This seems like a joke now but if we continue to ignore climate change it will cause so much grief Mr. Bruce may be remembered as a martyr. Like this guy:

1650798478192.png

Wouldn’t it had been easier to jump off a bridge? IDK

Sounds like projection to me.

Sounds like an attempt to spread fear in the mind of others susceptible to such that they're coming after you next, based on a totally unrelated act. Typical of this poster.

Sounds like an attempt to spread fear in the mind of others susceptible to such that they're coming after you next, based on a totally unrelated act. Typical of this poster.
How can they be coming for me when 'they' don't even know where I live? Now if I were a republican, I would be afraid I'm being spied upon by jewish space lasers and my microwave.

If we could only get more leftist nutjobs to self-immolate this would be a much safer and far better planet. I fully support his actions and sincerely hope that more leftist filth follow his very fine example.
Hell yeah, do you have any idea of how much of a threat that monk was to society? If you could get away with it I'm pretty sure you would eradicate every democrat in your america.

Sounds like projection to me.
When one believes in apocalyptic nonsense while others do not, the only ones who get violent are the former.

Careful, your humanity is showing.
No, I'm reasoning. Being a GW nutcase I thought he would have gone a more eco route say, maybe burying himself alive would have been more impactful. Hard to know what a nutjob like that thinks.

They may be killing themselves now, but it wont take much before they start killing others.
1. the man is an idiot, sorry, was an idiot
2. his futile death is pointless as hell, this will not change one iota
3. For a climate nut he chose a very polluting way to go out of this world. First of all burning yourself is very polluting and secondly he needed to be airlifted to a hospital. Did he not think about him not being dead and having to be airlifted to a hospital, more climate pollution. Now he has to be buried or cremated, more wasteful climate damage

And while point 3 might be a bit facetious, but point 1 and 2 are absolutely serious, killing yourself for climate issues is the act of an idiot. He was more likely to help change climate damage while alive. His death is futile as no car owner is going to think, well he killed himself for the climate, I am going to walk to work rather than take my car. That is not going to happen.

This guy was a total idiot IMO and I am very pro-climate action.

Reactions: PoS
How can you even think it? Shame on you.

When I lived in Cali the peace creep in the office next to me drove a beater. Everyday at lunch he put a quart of oil in.

It had a bumper sticker

“What have you done today to lower your carbon footprint?”

Meanwhile he leaves an oil puddle the size of Texas…. Every day.

When I lived in Cali the peace creep in the office next to me drove a beater. Everyday at lunch he put a quart of oil in.

It had a bumper sticker

So that makes hoping some set themselves on fire ok?

seems many here don't understand there is lots of individuals have eco-anxiety because previous generations of political and business 'leadership' never grew up or took responsibility despite being warned by scientists (so they feel the need to take some kind of action to make others aware)

dear 1945 (earthday 2022 eco anxiety of a first grader).png

said another way 'leadership' and their partisan believers are more interested in politics rather than science (so humanity is going to pay a high price for 'leadership' letting the system go to hell)

4x6-PC-TRUMP (A Very Stable Genius, who is being influenced by the devil???).png

(4x6 PC) 2021 climate change weather events.png

Last edited:

It had a bumper sticker

ever consider it is easy to recognize 'crazy' when it involves beliefs you personally don't believe in

for example eco social justice warriors might be willing to look the other way for something that one w/ any common sense would find basically 'craze'

Adbusters SUV Tweet.png

yet OTOH there are 'conservatives' who don't seem to believe there is anything to be concerned about WRT climate change

4x6-PC-TRUMP (A Very Stable Genius, who is being influenced by the devil???).png

Self-immolation as a form of protest isn't new.

Last week we were bitching about the dumb eco terrorists who wanted to slash rich people's tires.

No amount of making fun of his death will shield us from the consequences of climate inaction. <-- This is what people should actually be focused on.

Reactions: PoS
Back
Top Bottom