• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cleveland Quiet??

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Can it be that the media is too busy to cover the protests outside the convention center? Or are the streets pretty empty? Or is there a blackout by design?

I've got to believe there's protests going on, but . . .

Im very happy I was wrong. I thought, after NO, that the streets would be crazy.

Can it be that the media is too busy to cover the protests outside the convention center? Or are the streets pretty empty? Or is there a blackout by design?

Im very happy I was wrong. I thought, after NO, that the streets would be crazy.

There are protests, and rallies(by both sides). The police have had to break up at least one scuffle between groups of demonstrators. I saw something about one group of protesters spraying, or threatening to spray people with bottles of what they said was urine(and if that is not illegal it ****ing well should be), but from what I have seen and heard it has been pretty well behaved so far. Hopefully it stays that way and some very overstressed, overworked police can relax next week.

Not when everyone has a weapon unlike Chicago ! :lamo

Protests are protests theres not much to cover unless they get violent, however what has gone on inside has been pretty crazy very unconventional stuff for a convention.

We only know what the media allows us to see.

The Guy I listen to on the radio for my drive home, is in Cleveland, and out walking the street talking to people.
He says this are fairly quiet, He interviewed a few people yesterday, who were from Cleveland,
Everyone says it is fairly quiet.

Protests are protests theres not much to cover unless they get violent, however what has gone on inside has been pretty crazy very unconventional stuff for a convention.

Not 100 % sure what you are referring to in the last part there, but I do not think Trump and republicans are terribly unhappy with how the convention inside has gone so far. Could have been much, much worse for them. Been fairly orderly. Last night the reporters perked up when Alaska complained about their delegate count, but they where deflated quickly.

Not 100 % sure what you are referring to in the last part there, but I do not think Trump and republicans are terribly unhappy with how the convention inside has gone so far. Could have been much, much worse for them. Been fairly orderly. Last night the reporters perked up when Alaska complained about their delegate count, but they where deflated quickly.

Colbert hijacked the mic, Trump and surrogates personally threaten states to get them to take thier names off a petition, speaker claims Obama is a Muslim and hates America. Pretty much the worst case scenario for any rational republicans left.

Colbert hijacked the mic, Trump and surrogates personally threaten states to get them to take thier names off a petition, speaker claims Obama is a Muslim and hates America. Pretty much the worst case scenario for any rational republicans left.

Worst case scenario? Really? Worst case for the #nevertrump folks. They were stopped dead in their tracks every-time they tried something.
The media is trying the best they can to find some giant republican problem at the convention. Keep trying but we are not listening to your
spin anymore.

Worst case scenario? Really? Worst case for the #nevertrump folks. They were stopped dead in their tracks every-time they tried something.
The media is trying the best they can to find some giant republican problem at the convention. Keep trying but we are not listening to your
spin anymore.

I Second that.....!!!!

Back
Top Bottom