• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cleveland mayor signs transgender law

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Cleveland mayor signs transgender law - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

[h=3]Cleveland mayor signs transgender law[/h][FONT=&quot]CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson officially signed Ordinance No. 1446-13 that will allow transgender people to choose whichever public restroom that conforms with their gender identity.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jackson was joined by council president Kevin J. Kelley, councilpersons Kelly McCormack, Phyllis Cleveland and Matt Zone, President of Global Cleveland Joe Cimperman and members of greater Cleveland's LGBT community for this historic event at Cleveland City Hall.The law, introduced by Cimperman, makes it a first-degree misdemeanor for employers or business owners to discriminate against anyone who uses a restroom associated with their gender expression. It also punishes discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, ethnic group or veteran status.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Violators are subject to a $1,000 fine or three months in jail.[/FONT]

Good for cleveland! Now their citizens cant be discriminated against based on gender identity.! Eventually all of us will have our gender, sexual orientation and gender identity nationally protected under the term "sex" with no special exemptions.

Cleveland adopts transgender-friendly bathroom ordinance | cleveland.com
Cleveland Transgender Bathroom Law Signed | WKSU
Mayor Jackson signs transgender ordinance into law | WKYC.com

So the right of the mentally ill to use the wrong bathroom supersedes the right of the normal citizen to feel comfortable in the right one?

Cleveland mayor signs transgender law - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Good for cleveland! Now their citizens cant be discriminated against based on gender identity.! Eventually all of us will have our gender, sexual orientation and gender identity nationally protected under the term "sex" with no special exemptions.

Thank goodness this critical issue is being resolved. Global terrorism and all the other minor problems can finally get a few minutes of consideration.

Thank goodness this critical issue is being resolved. Global terrorism and all the other minor problems can finally get a few minutes of consideration.

So the City of Cleveland is not allowed to pass any legislation other than anything that might stop global terrorism?

So what are you suggesting, are you suggesting the people should have been ignored and city politicians should not do anything but address global terrorism and the "cleveland city council" should only act on global things and make a city ordinance based on global issues and thier city mayor should ignore it? LMAO your seemingly illogical emotion is noted

So the City of Cleveland is not allowed to pass any legislation other than anything that might stop global terrorism?

Where did you get that?

As Peter Thiel said at the RNC:

“When I was a kid, the great debate was about how to defeat the Soviet Union. And we won. Now we are told that the great debate is about who gets to use which bathroom.”

“This is a distraction from our real problems. Who cares? Of course, every American has a unique identity.”​

I absolutely support Mr. Thiels statement.

So what are you suggesting, are you suggesting the people should have been ignored and city politicians should not do anything but address global terrorism and the "cleveland city council" should only act on global things and make a city ordinance based on global issues and thier city mayor should ignore it? LMAO your seemingly illogical emotion is noted

No, I am not saying that.

However, see post #6.

Where did you get that?

As Peter Thiel said at the RNC:

“When I was a kid, the great debate was about how to defeat the Soviet Union. And we won. Now we are told that the great debate is about who gets to use which bathroom.”

“This is a distraction from our real problems. Who cares? Of course, every American has a unique identity.”​

I absolutely support Mr. Thiels statement.

You can focus on more than one issue at a time believe it or not. This is also more relevant right now to needs of many Americans, especially at a municipal level. I guess the civil rights movement was just a distraction from real problems too then if you follow the same logic.

No, I am not saying that.

However, see post #6.

oh so you arent not saying that but you are referring to something else just as retarded that also has nothign to do with the actual topic. Gotcha LMAO
Great Debate? wow talk about dishonest, nonsensical fluff and hype . . thats hilarious. THANKS!!

So the right of the mentally ill to use the wrong bathroom supersedes the right of the normal citizen to feel comfortable in the right one?

fyi wrong thread. Ordinance No. 1446-13 factually has nothing to do with whatever you are talking about. ;)

I guess LeBron can finally use the ladies room

You can focus on more than one issue at a time believe it or not. This is also more relevant right now to needs of many Americans, especially at a municipal level. I guess the civil rights movement was just a distraction from real problems too then if you follow the same logic.

I would like to see this multi-tasking take place. Instead, the efforts of social justice warriors dominate the headlines.

This transgender issue is a calculated distraction with an impact that is so minimal as to be almost undetectable.

I'll stick with Thiel's take, and ignore attempts to put words and thoughts in my mouth.

oh so you arent not saying that but you are referring to something else just as retarded that also has nothign to do with the actual topic. Gotcha LMAO
Great Debate? wow talk about dishonest, nonsensical fluff and hype . . thats hilarious. THANKS!!

:roll:

Careful. The SJW's out there will find you and try to destroy you for using the word "retarded".

I would like to see this multi-tasking take place. Instead, the efforts of social justice warriors dominate the headlines.

This transgender issue is a calculated distraction with an impact that is so minimal as to be almost undetectable.

I'll stick with Thiel's take, and ignore attempts to put words and thoughts in my mouth.

Translation: the city council should be fighting global terrorism and not doing its actual job, we get, nobody buys it though because its nonsensical.

:roll:

Careful. The SJW's out there will find you and try to destroy you for using the word "retarded".

its ok, i get it, you cant defend you statement with anything logical

its ok, i get it, you cant defend you statement with anything logical

No I don't think you do. I can certainly defend my statement, and push back against your nonsensical conclusions, but I realized mankind has not yet developed the kind of logic that it appears you would need, in order to understand.

I'm happy for Cleveland, and hopeful the thousands of transgenders across the country, who remain bathroom challenged, will one day also see their lives changed by the ability to use a bathroom of their choice.

Now, on to issues that impact 100's of millions......

1.)No I don't think you do.
2.) I can certainly defend my statement, and push back against your nonsensical conclusions
3.) but I realized mankind has not yet developed the kind of logic that it appears you would need, in order to understand.
4.)I'm happy for Cleveland, and hopeful the thousands of transgenders across the country, who remain bathroom challenged, will one day also see their lives changed by the ability to use a bathroom of their choice.
5.)Now, on to issues that impact 100's of millions......

1.) oh i fully do and you keep proving it
2.) well lets us know when you start cause you haven't yet
3.) hey look a deflection and failed argument. VERY typical when one has no honest, logical and factual path to take. Go ahead make more about me LMAO
4.) guess you should of just said that instead of crying about it then
5.) when discrimination loses it affect us all, seems you dont understand that fact but it explains your nonsensical comments and lack of understanding of this issue.
The ordinance protects race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and ethnic group. You along with all the MILLIONS of americans are protected by this because you, me and them all belong to each and every one of those groups.

actually now thinking about it . . this would protect everybody visiting cleveland too, including foreigners, so the argument could be made that it fits the weak nonsensical global argument you presented which already failed and effects billions.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. you're welcome

or maybe tell us that line about logic again?:lamo

No we still have dozens of bills restricting a women's right to choose and let's not forget more bills to repeal Obamacare.

It affects more Americans than global terrorism.

It affects more Americans than global terrorism.

:shock:

Transgenger bathrooms affects more Americans than global terrorism?

That statement is so outrageous I just know you're loaded to defend it.

Your bait is of no interest to me.

:shock:

Transgenger bathrooms affects more Americans than global terrorism?

That statement is so outrageous I just know you're loaded to defend it.

Your bait is of no interest to me.

Well form what I can find the transsexual population of the US is around 700,000. Far less then 700,000 Americans have been affected by global terrorism. Why can a nation only focus on one very vague goal but not on issues that actually affect Americans directly and an entity like the City of Cleveland can actually do something about?

Well form what I can find the transsexual population of the US is around 700,000. Far less then 700,000 Americans have been affected by global terrorism. Why can a nation only focus on one very vague goal but not on issues that actually affect Americans directly and an entity like the City of Cleveland can actually do something about?

How many US citizens are engaged in fighting against terrorism? How many in the military? How many in the FBI? How many in ICE? How many at the local levels of security? How many people have lost family members or loved ones to terrorist actions.

Your claim is preposterous.

As to this issue in Cleveland, what percentage of this 700,000 you identified reside in Cleveland? Of that number, how many are concerned about the bathrooms they use?

I don't care about this bathroom issue. Pass laws, open it up to anything. Gender identification is a nothing argument. As the laws get passed, end all forms of gender based sports, end all forms of segregation based on gender. I don't care.

There are other issues to address.

How many US citizens are engaged in fighting against terrorism? How many in the military? How many in the FBI? How many in ICE? How many at the local levels of security? How many people have lost family members or loved ones to terrorist actions.

Your claim is preposterous.

As to this issue in Cleveland, what percentage of this 700,000 you identified reside in Cleveland? Of that number, how many are concerned about the bathrooms they use?

I don't care about this bathroom issue. Pass laws, open it up to anything. Gender identification is a nothing argument. As the laws get passed, end all forms of gender based sports, end all forms of segregation based on gender. I don't care.

There are other issues to address.

you understand the fact that gender identity protects affect EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN including you right?:shrug:

the only claim/statement around here that was preposterous and outrageous was your claim and that has been shown by multiple popsters now.

You claim you support it and you are happy, say that and move on instead of crying about it lol

you understand the fact that gender identity protects affect EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN including you right?:shrug:

the only claim/statement around here that was preposterous and outrageous was your claim and that has been shown by multiple popsters now.

You claim you support it and you are happy, say that and move on instead of crying about it lol

LOL

Sorry, but I don't feel your pain. Gender identity does not impact me for one nanosecond. What a ridiculous statement. Try to keep your feet on the ground.

Your gender identity issues don't supersede the concerns of every other person in this country. That doesn't mean they aren't sympathetic, or genderphobic.

Geeze. Get over yourself.

1.)LOL Sorry, but I don't feel your pain.
2.) Gender identity does not impact me for one nanosecond.
3.) What a ridiculous statement. Try to keep your feet on the ground.
4.)Your gender identity issues don't supersede the concerns of every other person in this country. That doesn't mean they aren't sympathetic, or genderphobic.
5.)Geeze. Get over yourself.

1._)I have no pain nor did i say i did. is right. its funny when you make stuff up
2.) actually it FACTUALLY does whether you agree or not. Now in cleveland you can not be discriminated against for gender identity . . or race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age and ethnic group. Thank you for further proving that that you are severely uneducated about this topic though and dont understand it. It further explains why you made the comments you did and why you cant stop crying about it.
3.) except its 100% factual and accurate has i just proved
4.) hey look more things nobody said and another nonsensical strawman . . what was that line about keep your feet on the ground? LMAO you might want to try that and stop making stuff up
5.) BOOM and another failed strawman you made up. Wow you are really getting desperate now. You statement was silly just move on there's no saving it and making more nonsensical, strawman and factually wrong claims just makes your post fail worse.

Back
Top Bottom