• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro Found Dead in Prison Cell

If only all the other scum like him in prison would off themselves.

If only they would off themselves before doing things like keeping 3 women captive for a decade and abusing them physically, emotionally, and sexually.

Rope for all prisoners!

His lawyer says that suicide has not yet been proven.

I have news for him - nobody cares.

Moron.

Saved us a lot of money, so there's that....

That's what I'm thinking. On one hand you want them to live and suffer for what they did but on the other it's done at no cost and we don't have to see his ugly face alive ever again.

Moron.

He was in an isolated cell. It was either suicide or the guards did it. He had been taken off of suicide watch, though. I wonder what kind of ramifications that might have for whoever made the decision.

It's a win, win! No millions of dollars and years of appeals and he gets what he deserves. This is starting out to be a great day!

Moron.

Typical attorney, he does realize he isn't on the payroll anymore right? :roll:

I am thinking he got off easy!
I am glad he will Save Ohio some money.

I don't get the media on this one. Why is there all this coverage on "what went wrong," "how could this have been allowed to happen," etc., etc. as if some tragedy occurred?

He had been taken off of suicide watch, though. I wonder what kind of ramifications that might have for whoever made the decision.

They should get a pay raise and named employee of the month.

They should get a pay raise and named employee of the month.

Regardless of what Castro did, there will at least be a cursory investigation. No jail or prison can get away with letting a suicide watch inmate be taken off of suicide watch right before he hangs himself. Mind you, I'm not at all sad that the animal has met his maker, but it just can't be ignored that the officials let a suicide happen.

Once upon a time, it would have been a jailor who left him a set of sheets, then walked away for a while -- then the investigation would be a gloss over while everyone gave the jailor a pat on the back. But that's not what'll happen. At a minimum, there will be a cursory overview to say that the officials had no way of predicting this.

Exactly what happened Tuesday night will be investigated by state officials who are expected to release more details later Wednesday, Seyfang said. Castro’s lawyer has also called for an investigation.

Ariel Castro suicide: 90-minute autopsy finds death by asphyxiation - latimes.com

Ohio prisons Director Gary Mohr has appointed a “review team” to look into the suicide of Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man convicted for kidnapping, raping and keeping three women hostage in his home for nearly a decade.

Mohr said Ed Banks, managing director of organizational development for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, will lead a team from the agency’s “legal, medical, mental health, security and operational divisions” to compile a report by the end of September.

The agency will “thoroughly review all pertinent medical and mental health care records concerning inmate Castro and information surrounding the incident,” Mohr said in a statement this afternoon. “These professionals will determine whether applicable policies and procedures concerning the delivery of medical and mental health care were followed for inmate Castro.”

Prison 'review team' will investigate Ariel Castro suicide | The Columbus Dispatch

They'll have to at least do a "review", for legal and political reasons. They may have to hang someone out to dry, too.

And the world is better place for it.

Typical attorney, he does realize he isn't on the payroll anymore right? :roll:

Attorneys are supposed to defend their client as well as they can, even if the client is a dirtbag. The hope is that both attorneys do their job as well as they can and a jury can determine the truth. I don't ding the attorney for doing what he can. It's a thankless job. But I do think we need an express line to the gallows.

Back
Top Bottom