• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Classified Info Found on Past Secretaries' Private Email

Ah. You've looked into the statue of limitations for this?

I don't recall 'treason' having a statute of limitations!

Simple mishandling of classified information is not treason. Not even close

Honestly it doesn't surprise me and I'd suspect that many of the former secy's, including Clinton, weren't intentionally breaking the rules. Rather it probably represents a lack of sophistication on all their parts with respect to data security. That's a common problem in many organizations, public and private.

Simple mishandling of classified information is not treason. Not even close

Honestly it doesn't surprise me and I'd suspect that many of the former secy's, including Clinton, weren't intentionally breaking the rules. Rather it probably represents a lack of sophistication on all their parts with respect to data security. That's a common problem in many organizations, public and private.

It actually is more a factor of the ridiculous classification system in the government, where published news stories become classified in government papers.

It actually is more a factor of the ridiculous classification system in the government, where published news stories become classified in government papers.

You're right. As well we seem to have a habit of retroactively classifying things. I think Colin Powell ran afoul of that.

But in truth we are still rather naive about securing data. Be it government or private organizations.

It's the difference between occasional inadvertent behavior and deliberate constant behavior. There's no comparison although I'm sure the Clintonistas will try to spin it.

The right-wing is so full of crap. If anyone but the Clinton's do it, it was occasional or inadvertent. If it is Hillary Clinton, it's constant behavior. I wonder how the conservatives will feel when Hillary Clinton is sworn in on January 20, 2017. :lamo

The right-wing is so full of crap. If anyone but the Clinton's do it, it was occasional or inadvertent. If it is Hillary Clinton, it's constant behavior. I wonder how the conservatives will feel when Hillary Clinton is sworn in on January 20, 2017. :lamo

As a war hawk, with super pac fundraisers from Wall Street, big Pharma, the MIC, big oil, etc., and given that she'll use the military, deliver on TPP, give us Keystone, conservatives should feel delighted that day. Now if a true progressive gets sworn in like Sanders, it's going to be one sad day for conservatives as well as establishment democrats that hate Sanders. Trump and Sanders success confirms that sizeable numbers in both parties are tired of republocrats.

Last edited:
As a war hawk, with super pac fundraisers from Wall Street, big Pharma, the MIC, big oil, etc., and given that she'll use the military, deliver on TPP, give us Keystone, conservatives should feel delighted that day. Now if a true progressive gets sworn in like Sanders, it's going to be one sad day for conservatives as well as establishment democrats that hate Sanders. Trump and Sanders success confirm that sizeable numbers in both parties are tired of republocrats.
Is this a war between differing factions or is it about selecting who is best qualified to lead the United States?

What is it in Bernie Sanders past that suggests he'd make a wise and strong leader?

Is this a war between differing factions or is it about selecting who is best qualified to lead the United States?

What is it in Bernie Sanders past that suggests he'd make a wise and strong leader?

It depends on where Americans want the United States led to! Sizeable numbers are tired of where it's at with the near identical performances from dems and cons.

Bernies an independent, our only such senator (running on the democratic ticket) because the majority voters, the registered independents haven't yet figured out that they need to actually vote independent.

Bernie is a domestic issues guy. His concentration will be stateside, and his policies will lift the common American (read his platform if you really care, and check his voting record) not continue the trend of deregulation and bloated defence spending. Americans want America fixed. Both Trump and Sanders successes demonstrate that.

Last edited:
No, it's the point that party partisans never hold their own accountable. If you want to see the crooks in the Democratic Party prosecuted, then prosecute the crooks in the GOP.
It's not that choice. If Hillary broke the law, then it's her that should stand accountable. You don't have to like it, but that's a fact.

It's not that choice. If Hillary broke the law, then it's her that should stand accountable. You don't have to like it, but that's a fact.

I do like it, I just think that the cons that you protect when they break the law makes you a big fat hypocrite.

Yes and the Bush administration claimed only 5 million were missing. How on earth can we even trust that the 22 million were all the emails? But it still does not change the fact that no investigation was made into the 22 million emails to see if anything illegal happened and no consequences (which you and others are asking for Clinton) happened for Rove and Bush and their people for doing this in the first place!

You said the emails were "gone". Your post was less than informed or accurate. The Obama administration makes a habit of destroying emails, even contrary to court orders. It needs to stop, regardless of who is doing it.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University.

Is there a swearing of oath at Leavenworth?

Please show where I did that

I'll exploit the next one, such opportunities come around regularly. It's not worth digging thru the trash can for what everybody's witnessed anyway.

I'll exploit the next one, such opportunities come around regularly. It's not worth digging thru the trash can for what everybody's witnessed anyway.
It seems evidence is not required in order to make foolish and dishonest claims.

You are wrong again. Stop with the spin already.

U.S. spy agencies have told Congress that Hillary Clinton's home computer server contained some emails that should have been treated as "top secret" because their wording matched sections of some of the government's most highly classified documents, four sources familiar with the agency reports said.
The two reports are the first formal declarations by U.S. spy agencies detailing how they believe Clinton violated government rules when highly classified information in at least 22 email messages passed through her unsecured home server.
The State Department has already acknowledged that the emails contained top secret intelligence, though it says they were not marked that way. It has not previously been clear if the emails contained full classified documents or only some information from them.
The agencies did not find any top secret documents that passed through Clinton's server in their full version, the sources from Congress and the government's executive branch said.
However, the agency reports found some emails included passages that closely tracked or mirrored communications marked "top secret," according to the sources, who all requested anonymity. In some cases, additional classification markings meant access was supposed to be limited to small groups of specially cleared officials.
Spy agencies say Clinton emails closely matched top secret documents: sources | Reuters

You took one email, that was incorrectly spun by the Clinton campaign manager, and applied it to all of her emails.

I present facts and you present an op-ed spin opinion piece and don't even quote what your point is. That is pretty lame dude. By the way, where is this email that you state "where published news stories become classified in government papers"?

WASHINGTON — A special intelligence review of two emails that Hillary Rodham Clinton received as secretary of state on her personal account — including one about North Korea’s nuclear weapons program — has endorsed a finding by the inspector general for the intelligence agencies that the emails contained highly classified information when Mrs. Clinton received them, senior intelligence officials said.

Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign and the State Department disputed the inspector general’s finding last month and questioned whether the emails had been overclassified by an arbitrary process. But the special review — by the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency — concluded that the emails were “Top Secret,” the highest classification of government intelligence, when they were sent to Mrs. Clinton in 2009 and 2011.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/u...nformation-was-in-hillary-clintons-email.html

The classified emails stored on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private server contained information from five U.S. intelligence agencies and included material related to the fatal 2012 Benghazi attacks, McClatchy has learned.
Of the five classified emails, the one known to be connected to Benghazi was among 296 emails made public in May by the State Department. Intelligence community officials have determined it was improperly released.
The Benghazi email made public contained information from the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, a spy agency that maps and tracks satellite imagery, according to the official, who asked to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the matter.
The other four classified emails contained information from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA, the official said.
Data in Clinton’s ‘secret’ emails came from 5 intelligence agencies | McClatchy DC

I present facts and you present an op-ed spin opinion piece and don't even quote what your point is. That is pretty lame dude. By the way, where is this email that you state "where published news stories become classified in government papers"?

LOL. How would you know what the emails say? They are 'classified'.

No, it's the point that party partisans never hold their own accountable. If you want to see the crooks in the Democratic Party prosecuted, then prosecute the crooks in the GOP.

I guess there are no crooks in the Democratic party. Many have skated because their own kind protected them and they will do their best at protecting Hillary.

LOL. How would you know what the emails say? They are 'classified'.

So you have nothing to offer. I figured. Your argument on this is as valid as your "treason" post.

Several thousand vs (at most) a dozen or so? That's the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

Because most people in the federal government are pathological liars. I wish it weren't so, but it is. She is no exception.

just out of curiosity, how many people do you know who work for the federal government?

also, are you calling the military a pack of liars?

So, you accused, and have nothing to back up the accusations...shocking

Go attack someone else.

Back
Top Bottom