• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Classified Info Found on Past Secretaries' Private Email

Who else lied about it, deleted emails, and wiped the server clean before handing it over to authorities? I don't know of anyone in the GOP who did that. Please enlighten me.

LOL so you were asleep during the Bush years I guess?

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes - ABC News

The State Department’s internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems.

The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff.

------

Hmmm. Looks like this horrible felonious behavior was pretty common. I wonder when Fox News is going to call for Condi Rice's prosecution?

It's the difference between occasional inadvertent behavior and deliberate constant behavior. There's no comparison although I'm sure the Clintonistas will try to spin it.

LOL so you were asleep during the Bush years I guess?

I wish you would expand on your accusations. I don't know what you're talking about unless you are claiming that Bush "lied" about WMD's. That's not only an entirely different thing but there is also no proof that he lied. He was proven wrong. When did the Bush administration lie, delete emails, and purposely destroy information that was court ordered to be handed over to authorities?

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes - ABC News

The State Department’s internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems.

The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff.

------

Hmmm. Looks like this horrible felonious behavior was pretty common. I wonder when Fox News is going to call for Condi Rice's prosecution?

you forgot 1 things. bush didn't sign and EO about it and Obama did.
this is nothing but wagging the dog attempt by the liberal media to take the heat
off of Hillary.

simply a distraction.

It's the difference between occasional inadvertent behavior and deliberate constant behavior. There's no comparison although I'm sure the Clintonistas will try to spin it.

it is also the difference between there not being an EO on classified info and there being one.
I do not believe bush had one but Obama did.

The hyper partisan hyperbole doesn't really help your case or look good to the average American voter and the world. Sending emails through her private email is a far cry from "treasonous." You know what is treason that she and most other politicians are committing? Colluding with big bankers and corporations by accepting financial incentives (bribes) to pass legislation ****ing over the average American people. I'm very little concerned with her emails in comparison.
It was quite a bit more than "Sending emails through her private email". There was some Top Secret stuff in there. She may have been shot if something like this happened during WWII but instead some folks are thinking of voting for her to be President. Strange, huh?

I wish you would expand on your accusations. I don't know what you're talking about unless you are claiming that Bush "lied" about WMD's. That's not only an entirely different thing but there is also no proof that he lied. He was proven wrong. When did the Bush administration lie, delete emails, and purposely destroy information that was court ordered to be handed over to authorities?

He won't. That would require some effort.

The George W. Bush email scandal the media has conveniently forgotten - Salon.com

Isn't losing email part of our political system? Lois Lerner, care to comment?

Isn't losing email part of our political system? Lois Lerner, care to comment?

She should have been prosecuted too, does she excuse Hillary?

Did you even read the entire article? There is absolutely no comparison between what happened in 2007 and the Top Secret emails Clinton released. This is just more spin from the Democratic machine and the dimbulb leftists will easily buy into the 'they all do it' excuse.

How do you know? The emails are gone... who knows what Rove and Co sent and received in those emails.

How do you know? The emails are gone... who knows what Rove and Co sent and received in those emails.

And what do you make of that?

Pete,
The emails aren't gone. They were recovered. If a person wants accurate information they really shouldn't quote or use Salon as a reference.
Washington (CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.
Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered - CNN.com

Even more reason to prosecute.

Prosecute whom and under what charges? Just cause? I agree that if a law was broken then prosecute. It has been 11 years. Obama has been president for 7 years in which we have had one of his appointees as Attorney General. His two attorney generals don't seem to do much. Kind of like the rest of his appointees.

Pete,
The emails aren't gone. They were recovered. If a person wants accurate information they really shouldn't quote or use Salon as a reference.

Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered - CNN.com

Yes and the Bush administration claimed only 5 million were missing. How on earth can we even trust that the 22 million were all the emails? But it still does not change the fact that no investigation was made into the 22 million emails to see if anything illegal happened and no consequences (which you and others are asking for Clinton) happened for Rove and Bush and their people for doing this in the first place!

Solution, our government goes back to pen and paper. That should create a few jobs.

Are we really living in a time where "little Johnny did it too!" is an acceptable excuse for breaking the law? Shameful for America.

Are we really living in a time where "little Johnny did it too!" is an acceptable excuse for breaking the law? Shameful for America.

No, it's the point that party partisans never hold their own accountable. If you want to see the crooks in the Democratic Party prosecuted, then prosecute the crooks in the GOP.

Mr. Justice Brandeis, dissenting in Olmstead about a century ago, noted that when the government breaks the law, that attitude flows down to the people. "If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself, it invites anarchy."

Many are aware, some are not, that the federal government (and locals too) crossed that threshold in the Olmstead case a century ago, and is still doing it today at a fevered pitch. The rule of law is dead in this country, and anybody being honest with himself understands that. As we have led the world for decades in per capita rate of imprisonment, government officials break the law with impunity. Hillary Clinton and David Betrayus are but 2 examples.

No, it's the point that party partisans never hold their own accountable. If you want to see the crooks in the Democratic Party prosecuted, then prosecute the crooks in the GOP.

Anyone who broke the law should be prosecuted...no matter who is in office, in control, has the power. The fact that we even make this a partisan issue is why no one will ever be accounted for their actions. Both sides of the isle should be on their feet demanding that those who broke the law are given their day in court. It is ridiculous that we would expect anything less.

Back
Top Bottom