• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"classical" music that knocks your socks off

"The Goldberg Variations" by Johann S. Bach.

I don't know any other piece that's so versatile: When I'm sad, it cheers me up. When I'm energetic, it makes me think. When I'm lethargic, it gives me energy. And when I'm nervous, it calms me down.

Just amazing.

Bach was the very first classical music I ever listened to. Classical was not something that I ever heard at home growing up, and when I was in my early 20's, I decided I wanted to give it a try. I've never regretted it. I find classical to be uplifting. and great for focus and meditative effects.

One of my favorites. :)

My mother would often play Beethoven's 6th Symphony when we had an afternoon nap when I was a small kid. She'd tell me how this music tells a story: First a nice picknick in a garden, then a thunderstorm and so on. I still start feeling sleepy when I listen to it. :)

I don't really like Wagner. IMO, it's the musical equivalent of emptying an entire bottle of vodka with one gulp, and then bashing the empty bottle over one's head. One song at a time, okay, but please not more than 10 minutes in a row -- let alone 6 to 8 hours! ;)

I'm fond of a couple of Russians, though. Love Stravinski and Prokoviev:

Last edited:
I don't really like Wagner. IMO, it's the musical equivalent of emptying an entire bottle of vodka with one gulp, and then bashing the empty bottle over one's head.[/video]

Gotteslästerung! Schäm dich!

Back
Top Bottom