• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clarence Thomas

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
He seems to be missing. Hospitalized Friday, supposed to be released today, but no one seems to know where he's at.

Dead maybe? Comatose? Why won't they say?

He seems to be missing. Hospitalized Friday, supposed to be released today, but no one seems to know where he's at.

Dead maybe? Comatose? Why won't they say?
At the age of 73, even a brief "routine" stay in a hospital can be draining, and slow to recover from. If he's still absent by the weekend, then something serious has probably befallen him.

“court spokeswoman Patricia McCabe said she had no update to provide,” the Associated Press reports, noting the high court “won’t say” if he remains in the hospital.

---In other news, DPRK TV says that Dear Leader Kim Jong Un proved capable of being a Supreme Court Justice at the age of FIVE.
Ever get the feeling that news blackouts like the roaring silence re Justice Thomas represent an even more sinister set of circumstances behind the scenes?
SCOTUS blackout of Thomas reminds me of Russian silence on Chernobyl in 1986.
Except this is supposed to be the United States.

They did say it wasn’t Covid related in a news article I saw.

I thought he was supposed to be released yesterday?

Presumably he is home resting…I haven’t heard anything different.

Most seniors don’t bounce back quickly after being hospitalized.

They did say it wasn’t Covid related in a news article I saw.

I thought he was supposed to be released yesterday?

Presumably he is home resting…I haven’t heard anything different.

Most seniors don’t bounce back quickly after being hospitalized.
Presumably he is on life support. I haven't heard anything different.

Presumably he is on life support. I haven't heard anything different.
Maybe so but SCOTUS silence on this makes me think of USSR silence on Chernobyl because a news story this big SHOULD BE front page news.
I think RW SCOTUS is demanding silence in order to give the GOP time to mount an attack on a new Biden SCOTUS nominee.
I hope it's Obama, that would make heads explode.
PS: Where did you hear Thomas is on life support?

I join other members (and guests) in wishing him a quick & complete recovery.

Hopefully, His Honor will soon be back on the bench.

I am sure that his family & friends are doing everything possible to comfort him.

We never realize the truth of that old saying until it hits home: Health is everything.

The fact they are releasing little to no information should not be read to mean anything. The court, generally, guards their privacy as they should.

I join other members (and guests) in wishing him a quick & complete recovery.

Hopefully, His Honor will soon be back on the bench.

I am sure that his family & friends are doing everything possible to comfort him.

We never realize the truth of that old saying until it hits home: Health is everything.
Sadly I am unable to wish him anything of the sort. He is one of the few people the world would be genuinely better off without.

I don't know if most are wishing him death, but what would you call this post?

Oh, I see.
If even ONE person out of 335 million in this country says anything like that, you've decided that they speak for everyone who isn't in YOUR group...the Trump group.
Got it. Not surprising seeing as that is how every one of your posts reads.
Besides, to Satanists, that would be the equivalent of Christians going to Heaven...seeing as how Satanists don't believe in Hell or the fire of damnation within, that's the Christian view of Satan's kingdom. Satanists would be thrilled if he called them home.
Of course, not saying I am a satanist and not saying Clarence Thomas is either, but I suspect the satanist view of being called home is vastly different from yours or mine.

Wow, what a thread so far! Dang!

This from WaPo, earlier today.

"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. announced at the start of Wednesday’s arguments that “Justice Thomas is unable to be present today” but that the absent justice would participate in deciding the cases he has missed, relying on briefs and transcripts of the hearings."

There were times RBG was out sick and, just like with this situation, details were VERY sparse as to whether she was had been released from the hospital, was working from home, or when she was expected to return. It seems that's how they prefer to release (or rather not release) info.

This from WaPo, earlier today.

"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. announced at the start of Wednesday’s arguments that “Justice Thomas is unable to be present today” but that the absent justice would participate in deciding the cases he has missed, relying on briefs and transcripts of the hearings."

There were times RBG was out sick and, just like with this situation, details were VERY sparse as to whether she was had been released from the hospital, was working from home, or when she was expected to return. It seems that's how they prefer to release (or rather not release) info.
No, they weren't.

Back
Top Bottom