• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CLARENCE THOMAS: 'World gone mad with political correctness'...

That might make sense if any of it were true.

What's the matter, having trouble recognising sarcasm when you see it?

It's not sarcasm. It is called being a being partisan hack like always.

And there we have it... If you bothered to watch his speech, you would know with absolute certainty that those were the words of Justice Thomas. But the fact is, you didn't... but that didn't stop you from mischaracterizing him, now did it?

It seems you are upset I didn't watch Thomas' speech, so you decided to mischaracterize me for it.

Nice.

It seems you are upset I didn't watch Thomas' speech, so you decided to mischaracterize me for it.

Nice.

I'm not upset at all... But to attack someone based upon a speech they gave, one which you have never even heard, sure seems like partisan hackery to me.

I suppose you are referring to the dictionary definition. After all, dictionaries are large tomes associated with learning, and learning is the domain of liberals and progressives, strictly verboten for small people.

The libs and progressives do not have a monopoly on learning. They do however, lean toward hate speech and a great deal of 2nd hand ideas.(hearsay)

I don't know who you mean by small people, would that be an insult?

I don't understand how that is supposed to matter. Thomas can be as bigoted as any winger. It is his right.

Left wingers have no moral high ground here.

It's funny he is telling others to speak out, when he can't even speak up on the bench. :lol:

That's his choice. A learned man or woman, often times listens well, and speaks little. So are you bashing his superior intelligence?

That seems suspiciously like an insult. I sure hope you don't get reported.

Ohhhh....not that.

For the same reason you hate Obama/all black every single time you criticize him... :doh

You seem to be projecting a lot here, with no basis of foundation. ;)

He is massive racist according to those standards...

See what I mean?

That might make sense if any of it were true.

What's the matter, having trouble recognizing sarcasm when you see it?

:applaud

I'm not upset at all... But to attack someone based upon a speech they gave, one which you have never even heard, sure seems like partisan hackery to me.

To be sure, I had recourse to quotes from Thomas' speech, one of which you so thoughtfully provided, or did you already forget?

That's true... I have leveled my share of criticism toward Obama and his administration over the last 7 1/2 years, and been called a racist for doing so.

Not everyone who criticizes Obama is a racist...but there are many in the Republican party who's hatred towards Obama is deeply rooted in racism.

And there we have it... If you bothered to watch his speech, you would know with absolute certainty that those were the words of Justice Thomas. But the fact is, you didn't... but that didn't stop you from mischaracterizing him, now did it?

Spot On, Mr. Grim!

It is, and he is.

:thumbs:

Not everyone who criticizes Obama is a racist...but there are many in the Republican party who's hatred towards Obama is deeply rooted in racism.

Well that may be......but many of us just can't stand the man for one glaring reason.....he's a narcissistic Marxist, which has nothing to do with his heritage!

I would despise the man, no matter what the color of his skin.....

The libs and progressives do not have a monopoly on learning. They do however, lean toward hate speech and a great deal of 2nd hand ideas.(hearsay)

Plus we know the value of a dictionary.

I don't know who you mean by small people, would that be an insult?

I guess that would depend. If you, for example, admitted you are a small person, then it could hardly be an insult for me to call you one.

Left wingers have no moral high ground here.

Sadly for you, I've already staked-out the moral high ground on this subject, but you are certainly welcome to join me here.

That race card never gets old does it?

Maybe one day you will embrace legitimate, non-destructive beliefs, then maybe you won't have to resort to such dishonest tactics like playing the race card to obtain political relevancy.

Well that may be......but many of us just can't stand the man for one glaring reason.....he's a narcissistic Marxist, which has nothing to do with his heritage!

Oh puh-lease. There is nothing narcissistic about Obama...especially compared to the last guy who was a total narcissist. As far as Marxist....that is laughable. There is a reason why Obama isn't well loved by the left....and that is because although we were hopefully that he might lean more liberal than his record indicated...we didn't really expect it...and we were right.

Let me see if I understand you. You are claiming Obama is a Marxist?

That race card never gets old does it?

Maybe one day you will embrace legitimate, non-destructive beliefs, then maybe you won't have to resort to such dishonest tactics like playing the race card to obtain political relevancy.

Are you honestly saying that racism doesn't play a major role in society today? If so, you are naïve. As I indicated, there are people who have honest, legitimate criticisms of Obama that are not based in racism. But you need to look no further than the hatred and obstructionism even before day 1 in office to see that a large number of Republicans hated Obama for no reason other than the color of his skin. The whole "birther" movement was based on the idea that "he couldn't POSSIBLY be an American...because he doesn't look like us". Never before in the history of the United States was a white man ever questioned about his citizenship....

For the same reason you hate Obama/all black every single time you criticize him... :doh

If there is a poster in here who has been consistent in criticisms of Obama it is me. I have criticized him for being petty, self involved, combative, divisive and more. I have NEVER made an issue of his skin color, nor would I.

By calling valid criticism racist you are basically saying you can't criticize Obama because he is black, which is racist in the extreme. But it does reinforce America's obsession with race. The left continues to support the idea that blacks need special treatment, which only aggravates the problem.

I will continue to criticize anyone in public life who is deserving, regardless of whether they are black, green of puce

Are you honestly saying that racism doesn't play a major role in society today?

Yes, I am... Unless of course you are talking about the building racism that black people are publically displaying against white people. I must admit, I find that a bit troubling.

If so, you are naïve. As I indicated, there are people who have honest, legitimate criticisms of Obama that are not based in racism. But you need to look no further than the hatred and obstructionism even before day 1 in office to see that a large number of Republicans hated Obama for no reason other than the color of his skin.

That's just sheer and utter nonsense. I have seen far, far more liberals who have pretended to be conservative racists, than actual racists themselves. For you to say there were a "large number of republicans" who exhibited racial hatred toward Obama is pure BS.

The whole "birther" movement was based on the idea that "he couldn't POSSIBLY be an American...because he doesn't look like us".

That is just a lie... The birther movement that workers from the Hillary Clinton campaign created, was based on several pieces of circumstantial evidence indicating he was born outside the United States, and had nothing to do with the color of his skin.

This is yet another example of the blatant dishonesty that so many liberals like yourself engage in, because their political beliefs just don't stand up to scrutiny.

My statement was in jest to his ridiculous logic.

If there is a poster in here who has been consistent in criticisms of Obama it is me. I have criticized him for being petty, self involved, combative, divisive and more. I have NEVER made an issue of his skin color, nor would I.

By calling valid criticism racist you are basically saying you can't criticize Obama because he is black, which is racist in the extreme. But it does reinforce America's obsession with race. The left continues to support the idea that blacks need special treatment, which only aggravates the problem.

I will continue to criticize anyone in public life who is deserving, regardless of whether they are black, green of puce

Are you honestly saying that racism doesn't play a major role in society today? If so, you are naïve. As I indicated, there are people who have honest, legitimate criticisms of Obama that are not based in racism. But you need to look no further than the hatred and obstructionism even before day 1 in office to see that a large number of Republicans hated Obama for no reason other than the color of his skin. The whole "birther" movement was based on the idea that "he couldn't POSSIBLY be an American...because he doesn't look like us". Never before in the history of the United States was a white man ever questioned about his citizenship....

It doesn't here. Granted it is an entirely different culture, but no, racism does not play a major role at all. We've never had a race riot, we riot over important ****...Hockey

Yes, I am... Unless of course you are talking about the building racism that black people are publically displaying against white people. I must admit, I find that a bit troubling.

That's just sheer and utter nonsense. I have seen far, far more liberals who have pretended to be conservative racists, than actual racists themselves. For you to say there were a "large number of republicans" who exhibited racial hatred toward Obama is pure BS.

That is just a lie... The birther movement that workers from the Hillary Clinton campaign created, was based on several pieces of circumstantial evidence indicating he was born outside the United States, and had nothing to do with the color of his skin.

This is yet another example of the blatant dishonesty that so many liberals like yourself engage in, because their political beliefs just don't stand up to scrutiny.

Riiiiiiight. You don't even need to get past the first line in your response to see how ridiculous you are and you lose all credibility.

So in your mind, the only racism in America is black racism against whites. That is downright laughable.

Racism has never been exclusively white...and there is certainly racism by blacks against whites, Koreans against blacks, blacks against Koreans, etc..... but to pretend that the only racism in America is black on white. ...I'm sorry dude...but that is just beyond comprehension and shows why no one can have an honest and reasonable conversation with you. Buh-bye.

It doesn't here. Granted it is an entirely different culture, but no, racism does not play a major role at all. We've never had a race riot, we riot over important ****...Hockey

Canada may be a different story. I've never spent any time there, so I wouldn't know. I meant to say the United States society.....

I don't understand how that is supposed to matter. Thomas can be as bigoted as any winger. It is his right.

You claimed he commented on political correctness because he wanted to use the n word all he wanted.

Typically, that's a criticism leveled at Caucasians.

You claimed he commented on political correctness because he wanted to use the n word all he wanted.

Typically, that's a criticism leveled at Caucasians.

I said perhaps.

Do you know what that word means? First off, it is a conditional.

So in your mind, the only racism in America is black racism against whites. That is downright laughable.

...but to pretend that the only racism in America is black on white.

I agree... Such a statement would be laughable... But unfortunately for you, I have never in my life made such a statement, or implied such a thing.

You asked me if I thought racism played a major role in society, and my answer to that was, and is, no. You have once again resorted to dishonesty instead of honest dialog.

Back
Top Bottom