• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CLARENCE THOMAS: 'World gone mad with political correctness'...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas urged college graduates who seek to "preserve liberty" to do so by fulfilling the duties of their daily vocations rather than attempting to achieve sweeping political goals.

"At the risk of understating what is necessary to preserve liberty in our form of government, I think more and more that it depends on good citizens, discharging their daily duties in their daily obligations," Thomas said Saturday during a commencement address at Hillsdale College, a small liberal arts college in Michigan.

Clarence Thomas tells graduates to simply be good citizens | Washington Examiner

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas urged college graduates who seek to "preserve liberty" to do so by fulfilling the duties of their daily vocations rather than attempting to achieve sweeping political goals.

"At the risk of understating what is necessary to preserve liberty in our form of government, I think more and more that it depends on good citizens, discharging their daily duties in their daily obligations," Thomas said Saturday during a commencement address at Hillsdale College, a small liberal arts college in Michigan.

Clarence Thomas tells graduates to simply be good citizens | Washington Examiner

Thomas is a mental midget. Far and away the least qualified person ever to sit on the Supreme Court. The man is an embarrassment.

Thomas is a mental midget. Far and away the least qualified person ever to sit on the Supreme Court. The man is an embarrassment.

Indeed.

What's he's telling them is to be quiet, play nice, make no waves, and let those in charge worry about the Big Issues. Bad advice in the best of times, but right now is a horrible time to take that approach. One could even call it irresponsible, or unpatriotic. This nation was not designed for a citizenry of bystanders.

Last edited:
Indeed.

What's he's telling them is to be quiet, play nice, make no waves, and let those in charge worry about the Big Issues. Bad advice in the best of times, but right now is a horrible time to take that approach. One could even call it irresponsible, or unpatriotic.

The man isn't going to know how to vote now that Scalia isn't there to tell him.

Indeed.

What's he's telling them is to be quiet, play nice, make no waves, and let those in charge worry about the Big Issues. Bad advice in the best of times, but right now is a horrible time to take that approach. One could even call it irresponsible, or unpatriotic. This nation was not designed for a citizenry of bystanders.

So you watched the speech?

Because I did, and I'll be damned if that was the message I heard him portray.

Indeed.

Yeah, the coward response is to scream PC! When PC is just a word for not being a reactionary, discriminatory idiotic moron.

You dislike one black person = I hate all black people.

Sorry, but based on how the left reacted whenever criticism of Obama was leveled during his first term in office, I naturally thought it must go both ways.

These poor ****ed up assholes. Congrats.

Thomas is right.

You are totally wrong. And don't know the man at all.

These poor ****ed up assholes. Congrats.

Thomas is right.

Thomas is soooo Right! I could only take a minute and a half of listening to those clueless, mindless, skulls full of mush!

What a bunch of total morons! Sad that they have learned nothing!

Are you, on the other hand, a mental giant DisneyDude? Perhaps the most qualified person ever to sit in judgement in this forum?

Can you give some reasonings behind this?

Thomas is soooo Right! I could only take a minute and a half of listening to those clueless, mindless, skulls full of mush!

What a bunch of total morons! Sad that they have learned nothing!
Sadder that they are representative of so many brain-dead leftists. You have to pity the poor bastards. Watch their eyes...they are scanning memory quadrants desperately searching for the right things to say.

Are you, on the other hand, a mental giant DisneyDude? Perhaps the most qualified person ever to sit in judgement in this forum?

Think PeeWee league football player talking **** about a starter in the NFL...and you get a feel for the two.

It is kind of hard to take someone seriously who tells people they should "discharge their daily duties" who regularly sleeps on the job.

So you watched the speech?

Because I did, and I'll be damned if that was the message I heard him portray.

Right on! :thumbs:

You dislike one black person = I hate all black people.

That's the conclusion that all you liberals come to when I denounce one Muslim. And that's the conclusion ya all come to when anyone talks about gun issues, calling gun owners all kinds of names...like that 11 year old boy. The Left is a bunch of auto-haters!

Back
Top Bottom