• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Claim: Twitter is 2,000 years old

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Claim: Twitter is 2,000 years old

A Vatican cardinal makes the case that Jesus, not Jack, sent the world's first tweets.

Jesus tweeted? How did he do that before Al Gore invented the internet?

Wow, that was a stretch and a half. I can understand an attempt to show the use of the times social media to show that it is important to be able to get the word out to many people and be followed for influential people, but then the claim that jesus was one of the first becomes really stupid because it was a method for leaders and influential people to use long before jesus supposedly walked the earth. Even the accounts of what jesus said were anecdotal and probably limited to brevity for other reasons and the fact that they were written down way after jesus was supposedly alive and were second or third hand stories about his supposed exploits. I get what they were trying to say, and I do not disagree that social media is an important way to spread ideas even way back when it was extremely limited, but god damn that is a lot of stupid. It is the sort of flawed argument you make to a 5 year old to get them to think about things, and perhaps that is the most telling statement of all as to why this guy said it.

He was declaring it in some 'yeah - this really happened - bro' sort of way. He was trying to be creative.

"Jesus said things in less than 45 characters."
"A tweet is communication done in less than __ amount of characters."

I'm sure the guy knows that Jesus didn't have a dang cellphone.

He was declaring it in some 'yeah - this really happened - bro' sort of way. He was trying to be creative.

"Jesus said things in less than 45 characters."
"A tweet is communication done in less than __ amount of characters."

I'm sure the guy knows that Jesus didn't have a dang cellphone.

I am pretty sure you are probably right, but I cannot speak so definitively about a group who believes some pretty crazy things. Ome of them actually believe the earth is 6000 years old and god played a cosmic gag on everyone and put dinosaur bones older than the planet in the ground just to **** with us. Some people believe that when they eat crackers and wine in church on sunday it turns into blood and flesh of a 2000 year old dead man. Some people eat it anyway despite the ewe friggen gross of that thought. Even if I thought that, i would never eat crackers and wine again. Then there is the giant global flood crazy to which they think that a giant boat housed every anomal on the planet and that they used uunicorns to feed the other animals.

With all the crazy stories is it really that hard to believe that the son of a god that does all this crazy stuff could not conjure up an Iphone?

Back
Top Bottom