• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Civil War in iraq breaks out

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
S A D A M
was even better then this

americans will witness a bloodbath
of innocent people getting slaughtered and may even have instigated it on

Bush
GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST
mission accomplished the levees are giving way
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I have two questions....

1) Was the outcome of the American Civil War a good thing?

2) If you believe so, then why would an Iraqi Cival War be considered bad?

People cleansing themselves from the ones who want tyranny would be alot better than having us do it...That is the whole reason for preparing the Iraqi government...To fend for themselves...

Afterward, if they fail, the blame shall only go to them...
 

Thucydides

New member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
I have two questions....

1) Was the outcome of the American Civil War a good thing?
It was terrible - ask any of the victims of Reconstruction.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Thucydides said:
It was terrible - ask any of the victims of Reconstruction.
So any "terribleness" could have been prevented by not having a Civil War at all...

You go ahead and run with that...I suggest you start in Harlem...:roll:
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
I have two questions....

1) Was the outcome of the American Civil War a good thing?

2) If you believe so, then why would an Iraqi Cival War be considered bad?

People cleansing themselves from the ones who want tyranny would be alot better than having us do it...That is the whole reason for preparing the Iraqi government...To fend for themselves...

Afterward, if they fail, the blame shall only go to them...
The Amereican Civil war was for nothing

Lincoln said you will be freed
they fought for somtime
shot lincoln
and at the end of it all
they said no no south do what you will we wash our hands of it
and slapped the first american tax on everyone
how is that good

you would have to be a lunatic to call that good
something like whats gona happen in iraq

we come we conquer we leave
a blood bath and terrorists win
and america gets a 6 trillion $ addititon to the debt
dont think so
oil is what they want ,they will stay along time ,you will fight for 10 years or more. and you will come back in shame and disgrace like Vietnam
because it is not a logical war otherwise
AMERICa will not be paying for the war it is the oil that is being plundered that will pay and then some,America cant pay it's debt and cant even pay for katrina
they are waiting for red cross to collect enough so that they can get on with the clean up some 3 months after the fact
you die for oil so fat cats and war mongers can drive fancy 1/2 ton pick ups to drive to walmart and buy chinese goods by the tonnage
 
Last edited:

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So... what are the sides in this "civil war"?

The Shia and the Kurds v the Sunni Ba'athist extremists and their foreign Islamofascist co-belligerents.

That doesnt sound any different than the "insurgency" we have now.

I guess there's been a "civil war" going on since June of 2003, and we didnt know it!!

Not that our friend from the maple Leaf State cares about an of that -- he just wants Amrica in general and Bush in particular to look bad. As always.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
M14 Shooter said:
So... what are the sides in this "civil war"?

The Shia and the Kurds v the Sunni Ba'athist extremists and their foreign Islamofascist co-belligerents.

That doesnt sound any different than the "insurgency" we have now.

I guess there's been a "civil war" going on since June of 2003, and we didnt know it!!

Not that our friend from the maple Leaf State cares about an of that -- he just wants Amrica in general and Bush in particular to look bad. As always.
TEXmex /brits against the world

we come we conquer we leave
a blood bath and terrorists win
and america gets a 6 trillion $ addititon to the debt
dont think so
oil is what they want ,they will stay along time ,you will fight for 10 years or more. and you will come back in shame and disgrace like Vietnam
because it is not a logical war otherwise
AMERICa will not be paying for the war it is the oil that is being plundered that will pay and then some,America cant pay it's debt and cant even pay for katrina
they are waiting for red cross to collect enough so that they can get on with the clean up some 3 months after the fact
you die for oil so fat cats and war mongers can drive fancy 1/2 ton pick ups to drive to walmart and buy chinese goods by the tonnage

who are the enemy
once more who is your real enemy
say it again!
 
Last edited:

Thucydides

New member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
So any "terribleness" could have been prevented by not having a Civil War at all...
I'm not sure what you mean to imply by this. The South never declared war during secession. It was the North who were the aggressors.
You go ahead and run with that...I suggest you start in Harlem...:roll:
Ah, you mean in discussion with all those descendents of Yankee slaves? :p If you still think that the American Civil War was fought ovre slavery, you need to crack open a real book. N.B. Have you any idea what Lincoln was planning to do with the blacks until Booth shot him?
 

scottyz

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Moderate
If civil war does break out what side would we take?
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
im on the side of sane people
not the tex-mex brit iperialists
 

DocAR

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
74
Reaction score
1
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Thucydides said:
I'm not sure what you mean to imply by this. The South never declared war during secession. It was the North who were the aggressors.
The first shots of the Civil war were shot, by southerners, at FT Sumpter, according to all history books I've ever seen.
Ah, you mean in discussion with all those descendents of Yankee slaves? :p If you still think that the American Civil War was fought ovre slavery, you need to crack open a real book. N.B. Have you any idea what Lincoln was planning to do with the blacks until Booth shot him?
I hear this all the time, but you NEVER see any mention of "state's rights" in any of the state's articles of secession. Never once. What they DO mention over and over again, is slavery. More specifically their fears about its future. If they were SO worried about state vs federal powers, why the silence about it in the very documents that were to make their case for secession?

Lincoln himself said that he had no intension of freeing slaves before he was elected. Why would he mention that specifically, if it were NOT what everyone was excited about?
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
So any "terribleness" could have been prevented by not having a Civil War at all...

You go ahead and run with that...I suggest you start in Harlem...:roll:
actually it was the reconstruction
reconstruction costs were 2 hi
the union in tatters burdened with debt and fears that the cons would
not allow the economy to flourish

but the total outcome of the civil war was that no one won
it had been an excerise for nothing
only death debt and taxes resulted from the war

vietnam for nothing
korea for nothing
iraq for nothing
do you see a pattern emerging
the pattern is arrogance wins the day in USA

bump
The first shots of the Civil war were shot, by southerners(cons), at FT Sumpter, according to all history books I've ever seen.

Many people, including myself ,believe we are at a time ,when the second US civil war is at hand
Which side would you be on ?
even the US military is split down the middle on the issue
 
Last edited:

DocAR

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
74
Reaction score
1
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Canuck said:
actually it was the reconstruction
reconstruction costs were 2 hi
the union in tatters burdened with debt and fears that the cons would
not allow the economy to flourish

but the total outcome of the civil war was that no one won
it had been an excerise for nothing
only death debt and taxes resulted from the war

vietnam for nothing
korea for nothing
iraq for nothing
do you see a pattern emerging
the pattern is arrogance wins the day in USA

bump
The first shots of the Civil war were shot, by southerners(cons), at FT Sumpter, according to all history books I've ever seen.

Many people, including myself ,believe we are at a time ,when the second US civil war is at hand
Which side would you be on ?
even the US military is split down the middle on the issue

MORE nonsense.

Congratulations on the streak.

I'm sure CONS are responcible for that as well, eh?
 

UtahBill

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
18,265
Reaction score
6,648
Location
Utah
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Canuck said:
S A D A M
was even better then this

americans will witness a bloodbath
of innocent people getting slaughtered and may even have instigated it on

Bush
GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST
mission accomplished the levees are giving way
Wake up, northerner!! Saddam was better? Don't you get any news up there? He was better if you were a Sunni, and sometimes not even then.
A bloodbath is already happening, the Sunni are killing Shiites right and left. A civil war should end up killing a lot of Sunni, something we should have done right up front. There are damn few innocent Sunni men in Iraq.
Iraq has to settle the rest of this issue among themselves. We should arm the Shiites to the teeth, since the Sunni seem to be already well armed, and then step back and let the bullets fly.
In the long run, tho, I am willing to bet that whoever wins, they will still hate us....
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
galenrox said:
Why do you even keep talking?
You haven't said a single useful thing since you got here, it's always "I hate America, I support this liberal cause and if you don't you're an idiot", and you're exactly the type of liberal that leads me to self loathing that I am classified in same group as you.
I never said I hated America

in fact there are 2 posts where i have stated otherwise

I do not hate anyone

America's arrogance and war mongering is product of her leaders not her peoples

the leaders you have now are not AMericans
I dont reconize them anymore
all polls will back me on this american polls
world opinion you wouldnt want to know it
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
UtahBill said:
Wake up, northerner!! Saddam was better? Don't you get any news up there? He was better if you were a Sunni, and sometimes not even then.
A bloodbath is already happening, the Sunni are killing Shiites right and left. A civil war should end up killing a lot of Sunni, something we should have done right up front. There are damn few innocent Sunni men in Iraq.
Iraq has to settle the rest of this issue among themselves. We should arm the Shiites to the teeth, since the Sunni seem to be already well armed, and then step back and let the bullets fly.
In the long run, tho, I am willing to bet that whoever wins, they will still hate us....
saddam was brutal yes but he kept the peace

how many years of war is going on now in iraq
will you have to weed out every able body man and shoot him before its over
Vietnam repeat
america droped uranium bombs in all iraq cities
your NATL. gaurd ,the week end paint ballers, are trudging through uranium like Homer Simpsons
and no links to terrorists in iraq
budget through the roof
and dont forget the arabs are waiting to cold clock you in down town usa
god forbid it but the writtings on the wall
another war in an attempt to grab oil so desperately needed to prop up the floundering economy
terrorists are not born ,you make them, they are a product of the presidency.
globalization and American bases in the middle east is what brought the WtC
down
IRAN is not a mabe it gona happen
 
Last edited:

oldreliable67

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
4,641
Reaction score
1,102
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
saddam was brutal yes but he kept the peace
Think about what you wrote for a moment and what it implied for life under Saddam. Your comment says quite a lot about your values.
 

UtahBill

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
18,265
Reaction score
6,648
Location
Utah
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Canuck said:
saddam was brutal yes but he kept the peace
Suppose the minority French population of Canada kept the peace the same way there as Saddam did in Iraq. How would that work for you?

What is a uranium bomb? I thought you were a bit smarter than that. Do you mean armor piercing bullets made of depleted uranium?
Interesting stuff, hard like steel, heavy like lead. We killed a lot of tanks with that stuff.
 

oldreliable67

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
4,641
Reaction score
1,102
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Canuck,
Many people, including myself ,believe we are at a time ,when the second US civil war is at hand
even the US military is split down the middle on the issue
Care to provide some documentation for that assertion? Sounds suspiciously like something from one of those lunatic fringe web sites that you seem to cut and paste from all too frequently. Otherwise, if its just your opinion, just say so.
 

UtahBill

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
18,265
Reaction score
6,648
Location
Utah
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
US civil war? Citizens of the US of A are not that unhappy with things as they are. The protests you see on TV news is from only a small portion of our population. The news media makes every issue bigger than it is.
Back to Iraq. They need a civil war, they need to put down the oppressive minority. The only thing the Sunni minority understands is getting their asses whooped.
And once there is civil war there, watch for the popcorn effect when the neighbors start following suit. Not a full world war, just a localized war in the Muslim middle east. They will only settle down and act civilized when the most uncivil of them have been killed.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
look around you open your eyes
your president and his NEO~CON~ARTISTS
have plundered you
your elections are fixed
freedoms lost
your forefathers look down in disgust
you nolonger merit freedom in their eyes

using nuclear weapons on a third world nation Du
Canada your closest of allies says no to Iraq

the 2000 election was fixed and bush was appointed by the courts
the 2004 election was fixed
electrinic voting booths whats this we would arrest a politician if he tried this in Canada

while you sleep they take away your america
Americans will wake and will revolt you just see what is going on around
when they awake

The Neo~Con~Artists will wake a sleeping giant
which side will you be on when it is time to fight for your freedom back
 
Last edited:

AK_Conservative

Active member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Eagle River, Alaska
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Canuck said:
look around you open your eyes
your president and his NEO~CON~ARTISTS
have plundered you
your elections are fixed
freedoms lost
your forefathers look down in disgust
you nolonger merit freedom in their eyes

using nuclear weapons on a third world nation Du
Canada your closest of allies says no to Iraq

the 2000 election was fixed and bush was appointed by the courts
the 2004 election was fixed
electrinic voting booths whats this we would arrest a politician if he tried this in Canada

while you sleep they take away your america
Americans will wake and will revolt you just see what is going on around
when they awake

The Neo~Con~Artists will wake a sleeping giant
which side will you be on when it is time to fight for your freedom back
lol neo-con-artists? What about Canuck con artist! :rofl
Our elections were NOT FIXED
2000, Bush won the Electoral vote, no question, recount after recount.
2004, There was absolutely no dispute on by those far left liberal lunies that have to conjure somethin to justify why they lost! :rofl Pathentic i say!

When you say "while you sleep they take away your america
Americans will wake and will revolt you just see what is going on around
when they awake"! Your speaking fact! Terrorists did try and take away america as we slept *cough* 9/11*Cough*! When we awoke, we revolted purely and justifiably! Thank you for clarifying that for us all Canuck! :D

How can you justifiably say that "neoconartists" as you so intelligently said, will take away our freedoms, when in fact, a conservative believe in a smaller government, when a liberal ideology tend to promote a larger government with more constricting rules? Explain that one!
 

UtahBill

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
18,265
Reaction score
6,648
Location
Utah
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
AK_Conservative said:
lol neo-con-artists? What about Canuck con artist! :rofl
Our elections were NOT FIXED
2000, Bush won the Electoral vote, no question, recount after recount.
2004, There was absolutely no dispute on by those far left liberal lunies that have to conjure somethin to justify why they lost! :rofl Pathentic i say!

!
I don't know about the elections being fixed, but something sure seems to be broken. After the last 2 elections, one would hope that we Americans get out and vote in higher numbers from now on. The next presidential election should be very interesting, assuming the Dems can put up a viable candidate. They did pretty good in the last 2 considering the idiots presented. All they have to do to win is come up with a moderate, not a far left swinging whacko who lives off his wife's or his mommies money.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Canuck said:
look around you open your eyes
your president and his NEO~CON~ARTISTS
have plundered you
your elections are fixed
freedoms lost
your forefathers look down in disgust
you nolonger merit freedom in their eyes

using nuclear weapons on a third world nation Du
Canada your closest of allies says no to Iraq

the 2000 election was fixed and bush was appointed by the courts
the 2004 election was fixed
electrinic voting booths whats this we would arrest a politician if he tried this in Canada

while you sleep they take away your america
Americans will wake and will revolt you just see what is going on around
when they awake

The Neo~Con~Artists will wake a sleeping giant
which side will you be on when it is time to fight for your freedom back
Your conspiracy theories and completely false or unsubstaniated lies are one thing...
BUT who the **** would ever say Canada is our closes ally? They bitch and complain like a woman, while they take advantage of living under the US umbrella. It's aplace were our cowards flee, and we try to get cheaper precription drugs. After that canda has no true relevance other then trade, none at all dometically or globaly.
There is going to be no revolt within this country as much as you want it to hapen so you can attempt to look down on it. But unfortunately for you.. you will never be high enough to look down on us.
 
Top Bottom