• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

civil rights michael brown protesters

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i am a black person i really hate when the ignorant stealing people get mixed in with good law abiding protestors the black leaders must tell all the people in furguson not to steal or throw things at the police.. this is why ml king was able to make a difference... let the police make fools of themselves by being the agressors ..the media will let the world know... the hoodlums are messing up what the world thinks about blacks the black leaders must say on the air if you dont stop this you will be arrested..you are riuning our message to the world..

My understanding of what's happening in Ferguson is that there is a contingent of people there who WANT the violence to continue. Some are just punks who want to wreck stuff but others are using the events to promote the optics of police brutality and racial strife. They are creating situations where the cops have to act aggressively and then blaming the cops when they do so.

I will say that last night I saw one instance where a cop was FAR more aggressive than he needed to be with one of the "citizen journalists" but in that case another cop came over immediately and deescalated the situation. I suspect that the same is happening on the other side too and that many of the protesters are doing what they can to stop the hoodlums but, unfortunately, that stuff never gets reported.

My understanding of what's happening in Ferguson is that there is a contingent of people there who WANT the violence to continue. Some are just punks who want to wreck stuff but others are using the events to promote the optics of police brutality and racial strife. They are creating situations where the cops have to act aggressively and then blaming the cops when they do so.

I will say that last night I saw one instance where a cop was FAR more aggressive than he needed to be with one of the "citizen journalists" but in that case another cop came over immediately and deescalated the situation. I suspect that the same is happening on the other side too and that many of the protesters are doing what they can to stop the hoodlums but, unfortunately, that stuff never gets reported.
The Barbarians Are at the Gate. Where Are the Gatekeepers?

It's just like Gaza, where Israelis are forced to mercilessly stomp out a threat to their very existence. Then the whole world feels sorry for primitive gangsters who have chosen the extermination of Jews as their main goal in life.

I just found out what I got censored for here two years ago: saying that the Arabs are the bad guys. Obviously, a lot of jihadi OPEC money has been well spent hiring Musliculties for the Internet. Allah must be overjoyed at the Dhimmification of America.

The Barbarians Are at the Gate. Where Are the Gatekeepers?

It's just like Gaza, where Israelis are forced to mercilessly stomp out a threat to their very existence. Then the whole world feels sorry for primitive gangsters who have chosen the extermination of Jews as their main goal in life.

I just found out what I got censored for here two years ago: saying that the Arabs are the bad guys. Obviously, a lot of jihadi OPEC money has been well spent hiring Musliculties for the Internet. Allah must be overjoyed at the Dhimmification of America.

Interestingly enough, NOI and the NBPP are in Ferguson ostensibly acting as peacekeepers. I haven't seen anything to indicate that either group is actively involved in anything but their stated goal but it strikes me that this is about as good an idea as it was to hire the Hells Angels as security for a concert.

One of the problems, that is fueling the flames, is the heated rhetoric from many in the race business - like Al Sharpton. I watched the televised memorial service for Mike Brown yesterday on MSNBC. IMHO, it was not memorial but rather a rally to foment emotions and raise the level of protests. Actions like these are antithetical to what MLK used to get his and black American's message across. His rallies were not done in a way to feed hatred and raise emotions, but done in a way to give hope and create a stance of non-violence. Unfortunately, today, we have no MLK that is a leadership role in the black community that has the voice and influence to make a difference.

I was saddened by the level of hatred and the tactics used to gin up that hatred. Very sad. We can never get past race, if race is used to gin up hate in blacks by their cultural leaders or done so in non-blacks by their cultural leaders.

The truth is that the GREAT majority of both backs and non-blacks are peaceful, caring people and we have seen many of them in Ferguson but unfortunately they have not been the lead in news reports. That want nothing but peace and equal opportunity for all. There is a difference, however, between equal opportunity and equal outcome. We can ensure the first, but never the latter. And those in the race business will never be satisfied until the latter is achieved - therefore they will never be satisfied and will continue to foment hatred and rage in the name of peace. Again, very sad.

One of the problems, that is fueling the flames, is the heated rhetoric from many in the race business - like Al Sharpton. I watched the televised memorial service for Mike Brown yesterday on MSNBC. IMHO, it was not memorial but rather a rally to foment emotions and raise the level of protests. Actions like these are antithetical to what MLK used to get his and black American's message across. His rallies were not done in a way to feed hatred and raise emotions, but done in a way to give hope and create a stance of non-violence. Unfortunately, today, we have no MLK that is a leadership role in the black community that has the voice and influence to make a difference.

I was saddened by the level of hatred and the tactics used to gin up that hatred. Very sad. We can never get past race, if race is used to gin up hate in blacks by their cultural leaders or done so in non-blacks by their cultural leaders.

The truth is that the GREAT majority of both backs and non-blacks are peaceful, caring people and we have seen many of them in Ferguson but unfortunately they have not been the lead in news reports. That want nothing but peace and equal opportunity for all. There is a difference, however, between equal opportunity and equal outcome. We can ensure the first, but never the latter. And those in the race business will never be satisfied until the latter is achieved - therefore they will never be satisfied and will continue to foment hatred and rage in the name of peace. Again, very sad.

That's a big difference I'm seeing. 40-50 years ago the message was one of empowerment and elevating yourself above the bull****. Today it's about being a victim of that bull**** and how change is impossible without someone else doing it for you.

not once did al sharpton say steal, roit or throw things at the police,, he said we want peace but stand up for your rights but this is a racial issue in furguson county thats why 80 percent of blacks and hardly no whites get pulled over all the time and get tickets... know one here is stupid... and yes the cop had know right to shoot that boy once his hands were up... michael brown was considered an animal we both know this... but also the looters are animals and they need to be trown in jail

not once did al sharpton say steal, roit or throw things at the police,, he said we want peace but stand up for your rights but this is a racial issue in furguson county thats why 80 percent of blacks and hardly no whites get pulled over all the time and get tickets... know one here is stupid... and yes the cop had know right to shoot that boy once his hands were up... michael brown was considered an animal we both know this... but also the looters are animals and they need to be trown in jail

IF he was surrendering the cop shouldn't have shot. You have to remember that there is still a question of "IF".

maybe they need a tv just around the same time the guy got shot

Back
Top Bottom