• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIV Killer?

iliveonramen

Pontificator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
A new game “Humankind” has me pretty excited. It’s made by the folks that did Endless Legend and a space 4x (can’t remember the name but fun). They are a smaller software company but got a big investment by SEGA to make a large budget 4x.

It looks similar to CIV in some ways but some cool differences:

You accumulate “fame” for various things you do. War, science, culture, building great works etc. you dont have to focus on one aspect.

You don’t pick a culture. To show how cultures mixed and changed over time you pick a culture at each age with various bonuses. Kind of like Celts->Rome->Saxons->Norse are cultural influences of England. The one catch is you advance ages by fame and it’s first come first pick of cultures for a new age.

Cities are huge. Much less stress to find that perfect site.

Anyway, its on my radar and wanted to share

A new game “Humankind” has me pretty excited. It’s made by the folks that did Endless Legend and a space 4x (can’t remember the name but fun). They are a smaller software company but got a big investment by SEGA to make a large budget 4x.

It looks similar to CIV in some ways but some cool differences:

You accumulate “fame” for various things you do. War, science, culture, building great works etc. you dont have to focus on one aspect.

You don’t pick a culture. To show how cultures mixed and changed over time you pick a culture at each age with various bonuses. Kind of like Celts->Rome->Saxons->Norse are cultural influences of England. The one catch is you advance ages by fame and it’s first come first pick of cultures for a new age.

Cities are huge. Much less stress to find that perfect site.

Anyway, its on my radar and wanted to share

You could also try Old World, which is pretty cool and has some nice innovative ideas.

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for sharing. Will follow that one as well. The dynasty and vassal interaction looks interesting
I think the part I found most interesting was that movement was based on an Empire resource, so you could move one unit more by moving another less, and IIRC, bank movement. Creates a different feel for exploration and war.

I think the part I found most interesting was that movement was based on an Empire resource, so you could move one unit more by moving another less, and IIRC, bank movement. Creates a different feel for exploration and war.
That def adds an additional layer of strategy. Reviews Ive read looked promising as well. Civ 6 hasn’t really done it for me but still have that 4x itch to scratch.

Back
Top Bottom