• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

City officials vote to keep Confederate statue standing — Hurricane Laura blows it down

I like the new look. Very art deco, which of course was borrowed from the ancient world, albeit the pillar is a bit more Greco-Roman than the Egyptians. Okay, on second thought, let's call it art nouveau which I like better. So stark and chic and such a throwback. Whatever remains - at this moment - of this obscure monument reflects all that remains of the ancient world, the society, the luxury, the lives. So if it's symbolic of anything, it's probably symbolic of own demise, "our own" meaning everybody, even all the symbolists and superstitious contributors on this thread hoping to connect some omniscient wrath to metal falling over in the wind. But maybe these posters know more than me. Just out of curiosity, what does the future hold when the New York subway systems flood?? And uh, if a pigeon poops on your roof, any soothsayers ready to divulge what it means?? Thanks!!

If ny subway system floods, it means there's water in the tunnels. If a bird poops on your roof, it means you need to wash it off. My soothsayer is off today, it's labor day.

If ny subway system floods, it means there's water in the tunnels. If a bird poops on your roof, it means you need to wash it off. My soothsayer is off today, it's labor day.

Have you ever wondered why they call it Labor Day, when nobody's working?? I think it should be called No Labor Day. Thanks!!

Have you ever wondered why they call it Labor Day, when nobody's working?? I think it should be called No Labor Day. Thanks!!

And supposedly some guy was hung/nailed/tied to a cross one friday afternoon, he died. After that it's been called good friday. I still haven't figured out what was so good about it? Seems rather cruel to me.

Good grief, you don’t know what you’re talking about. He wasn’t even the first to fire a gun.

Even this veerrrryyyy anti Rittenhouse article has to admit that someone fired a shot first and Rittenhouse was chased before he shot anyone:

The conservative defense of Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse is nonsense.

There is plenty to condemn Rittenhouse for while still being honest about what actually happened.

So you think guns are highly effective as self defense? What are you? Some kind of a gun nut?

When you condemn arson, looting, vandalism, cops getting assaulted and killed and store owners being assaulted with bats your hypocritical judgment might mean something.

First, talking about this case here instead of the appropriate threads where I and others have already discussed the case using evidence like videos from the first shooting and quotes from the detectives' and prosecutors' criminal complaint instead of using some articles (from left or right source) makes little sense.

Second, the comment of yours that democrats do not condemn vandalism and arson oor attacks against police officers is either unintetionally innaccurate or intentionally dishonest

Page Not Found | Reuters.com

Fact check: Joe Biden has condemned violent protests in the last three months

You can read the specific quotes in the link

Third, when conservatives hide the fact that way more police officers have been killed as a result of the coronovirus infections than as a result of any riot, then they lose their credibility and show their hypocritical and very selective concern they have of police officers' safety

Police officer deaths from COVID-19

COVID has killed more police officers and deputies this year than all other causes combined - ABC7 Los Angeles

More police officers have died from COVID-19 this year than have been killed on patrol.

That's according to the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP), a nonprofit organization that tracks law enforcement fatalities in the line of duty.

At least 101 officers have died from Covid-19, while at least 82 have died by other means, as of Thursday, according to ODMP.

The toll could surpass 9/11 officer deaths

The toll from the coronavirus pandemic has been so high that it could surpass the number of law enforcement officers who died as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom