• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

City of Miami Police to Discipline Officer Photographed Wearing Pro-Trump Mask Inside Polling Location

There is no rule that says you can't stand outside of a building. A building isn't a polling place. You don't know what a polling place is, do you?

Are you really claiming that it is legal for a group of people to stand outside the doors of a polling place to threaten and intimidate arriving voters both verbally and with a truncheon?

It would be strange to prohibit such individual expression considering that it’s fine for people to use their position as police to endorse candidates through a union.

Public sector unions should not engage in politics.

If you don’t see the problem here, I don’t know if I can help?

I think if the Black Panthers are allowed to threaten people verbally and with truncheons outside a polling place then a cop shouldn’t be punished for merely wearing a campaign mask.
The Black Panthers were wrong, but they were upholding their beliefs.

The cop was wrong, and he was NOT upholding the official police position (beliefs, of which they hold none)

The Black Panthers were wrong, but they were upholding their beliefs.

The cop was wrong, and he was NOT upholding the official police position (beliefs, of which they hold none)

The official police position can be argued to be whatever their union says it is. Which candidate did they endorse?

Y’all are funny. Masks saves lives - unless there’s something written on them we don’t like. 🤣

Every goddamned day you have to do this disingenuous bullshit.

You might very well be the worst poster on this message board.

I think if the Black Panthers are allowed to threaten people verbally and with truncheons outside a polling place then a cop shouldn’t be punished for merely wearing a campaign mask.

They didn't threaten anyone.

Cop broke the law. Why are you giving them a pass?

Are you really claiming that it is legal for a group of people to stand outside the doors of a polling place to threaten and intimidate arriving voters both verbally and with a truncheon?

It is not legal to do that thing you made up, no.

The official police position can be argued to be whatever their union says it is. Which candidate did they endorse?

Either way it's illegal to do it in the polling place, so who cares?

ch
“City of Miami Police say they will discipline a police officer who was photographed wearing a Trump face mask while in uniform at an early voting polling location Tuesday morning.”

What is the “discipline” for this?

Beheading. Bring out the guillotine and off with his head. If the police want to support Trump, law and order, or express their opinion on who should be the leader of or country they will have to do it from in hiding. What? You think this is still a free country. Think again.

ch
Beheading. Bring out the guillotine and off with his head. If the police want to support Trump, law and order, or express their opinion on who should be the leader of or country they will have to do it from in hiding. What? You think this is still a free country. Think again.

Are you aware that it would also be illegal for you or I to wear that particular mask at the polling location?

You read these stories and you wonder what the heck these people were thinking.

You can't even have a political sign within sight of a polling place.
Every year there is someone with a campaign button or a tshirt or a hat or something. Some of them just forgot, some didn't read the rules and some like the attention. It happens at every polling location every election.

Every year there is someone with a campaign button or a tshirt or a hat or something. Some of them just forgot, some didn't read the rules and some like the attention. It happens at every polling location every election.

And they all get told not to do that.

Y’all are funny. Masks saves lives - unless there’s something written on them we don’t like. 🤣

He could have worn a different mask, one with no politics on it.

You'd be screaming bloody murder if it was a pro Biden mask.

He wasn't wearing a 'police union' uniform. He was wearing a city of Miami police uniform. He shouldn't wear a political mask while representing the city in uniform, nor should he wear it at the polls when voting. I don't think there is any question on these items.

That said, calling this "voter intimidation" is silly, and the person who claimed that deserves the response, "Really?????" Unless it's been an issue with this officer, the only 'punishment' for the officer should be a reminder on the city's uniform policy.

You made the assumption, you tell me.

Are you aware that it would also be illegal for you or I to wear that particular mask at the polling location?
I work at a polling station. It is my job to behead anyone that shows up supporting any candidate.

Do you know when that was? Do you know they were never charged with actually threatening anyone? Do you know what Reagan did in a knee jerk, oh my god, black guys with guns, response to that?

If by “made up” you mean that thing that was captured on video.

No, what was captured on video was a couple black guys standing around. You think that's threatening because they are black.

That is illegal. No political advertising within a certain distance of a polling place.

In my state it is 10'
"Any other person or voter not in the process of voting, campaign workers, signs and all other electioneering material must be located at least 10 feet away from the entrance to the room where voting occurs."

With his uniform on, and inside the polling place?

Does this really have to be explained to you, or do you just not care?
In my state it is legal according to the polling rules.

• The Department recommends that enforcement of the prohibition on electioneering should not prevent eligible voters from voting. Thus, in the Department’s view, individual voters who appear at the polling place to exercise their right to vote are permitted to wear clothing, buttons or hats that demonstrate their support for particular candidates. However, voters who are in the polling place to vote should not campaign for their chosen candidates, and Judges of Election should ask those voters to refrain from doing so while in the polling place

• The Department recommends that enforcement of the prohibition on electioneering should not prevent eligible voters from voting. Thus, in the Department’s view, individual voters who appear at the polling place to exercise their right to vote are permitted to wear clothing, buttons or hats that demonstrate their support for particular candidates. However, voters who are in the polling place to vote should not campaign for their chosen candidates, and Judges of Election should ask those voters to refrain from doing so while in the polling place

With his police uniform on?

Sure. Long established that cops can vote while in uniform. Why can't he express his opinion just like everyone else can while voting. What's the fear? That if you don't vote for Trump, the cop is going to shoot you? Get a grip.
Because it is against the fkn law and it is against policy at his workplace...how hard is it to get that through your head?

link to your state's law on this...

Back
Top Bottom