• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Citizenship vs. Constitution

In regard to children of illegal aliens being citizens......

• Total voters
How racists people do you personally know? 1 Person? 2? 6? A dozen? After you answer that is it anywhere near the majority population of the US?

Everyone is a racist to some extent, open, closet, latent, or in denial. It's part of our culture, part of our behavior conditioning. Fortunately, most have learned how to work with it in their daily lives.

ricksfolly

Everyone is a racist to some extent, open, closet, latent, or in denial. It's part of our culture, part of our behavior conditioning. Fortunately, most have learned how to work with it in their daily lives.

ricksfolly

Prove that I am.

that might work.

Better though, to simply declare that they're citizens of whatever rat hole the mother came from and ship them back there. Whatever, they're certainly not the responsibility of the United States.

I don't necessarily disagree. Except that the United States has no right declaring who is a citizen of a country other than the United States. So if that country does not recognize the child born here as a citizen of that country, you still end up with stateless individuals. Having these kids be stateless is a bigger problem than having them as citizens. I would think that could be a big incentive to strap a bomb onto yourself and walk into the local mall.

I don't necessarily disagree. Except that the United States has no right declaring who is a citizen of a country other than the United States. So if that country does not recognize the child born here as a citizen of that country, you still end up with stateless individuals. Having these kids be stateless is a bigger problem than having them as citizens. I would think that could be a big incentive to strap a bomb onto yourself and walk into the local mall.

Most countries have clauses that confer citizenship upon the child of a citizen, no matter where they are born. The whole "stateless child" is nothing more than myth.

Last edited:
Poll options do not include the historical truth. The 14th Amendment was written to protect the children of black slaves, and the former black slaves themselves, from the scurrilous efforts of the Southern Democrats to deny the former slaves their right to vote by declaring they're not citizens.

Under no circumstances can any rational judge contrue the 14th Amendment mean that any pregnant woman who just happens to be two feet inside a US border can drop a US citizen, regardless of the nation that woman hied from.

All the states need to do is properly interpret the Amendment and demand that the federal government do the same.

The big question is...

....so what? If the mother of the child is an illegal alien, she's takes her spawn with her when she's kicked out. It's probably a fact of life that the United States has the muscle to force any retarded nation that wants to pretend that mother's child isn't theirs to take it anyway.

Seriously, it's not our problem. Our problem is the exploding number of alien invaders inside our borders.

[video]http://www.theatlanticwire.com/images/static/100711_wpnan100812.gif[/video]

I think it's legitimate. From my experience most people I have met who oppose illegal immigration are racist, yet also have a problem with being called such.

Such an absurdity. People who insist the law be followed regarding national entry requirements must be racist?

Does that description fit the many Americans of hispanic heritage who want the damned invaders sent back, too?

I knew one guy who was openly racist, simply didn't like Mexicans. Made no attempts to hide it in any way. He told me he had a problem with people automatically ASSUMING he was a racist just because he opposed illegal immigration (even though he in fact was). He said that people use that description as an ad hominem. To be honest, it is. If you're racist it's really not relevent to your argument. I just think you are, and refuse to admit it.

Well, that's settled then. Conclused one-person anecdotal evidence proves all people are racist, from a sample size of one. We all know there are no other issues involved, like theft of services, theft of identity, theft of social security numbers, the billions drained from the local economies, the overcrowded class rooms, the clogged and closing emergency rooms, the need to "Press One to Hear English", the inconvenience created by invaders who refuse to assimilate, the gangs, the crimes, the drugs, the murders, the fear, and the illegal participation in elections. No, the only issue anyone has with this illegal invader thing is their inherent racism.

May the good Mayor Suggest that it would be most informative and definitely interesting to watch if you took your charges of racism and shoved them up your one-dimensional rear?

Just my observations, similar to the anti-Islam crowd. In general, most simply tend to be bigots and try to disguise this in semi-legitimate arguments. No real surprise that a majority of the anti-immigration and anti-Islam crowds are southerners, no surprise at all.

No, nothing bigoted about a father of two daughters wanting his daughters to grow up in a country free of sharia.

Nothing bigoted about an atheist expressing discuss at a religion so firmly rooted in the Dark Ages that murder by beheading is commonplace, and nothing bigoted about not wanting that nonsense to stay on the other side of the oceans. Just pure reason.

Just my observations, similar to the anti-Islam crowd. In general, most simply tend to be bigots and try to disguise this in semi-legitimate arguments. No real surprise that a majority of the anti-immigration and anti-Islam crowds are southerners, no surprise at all.

I would be interested in seeing the data that you use to make this statement. I have not been able to find any poll that put out the results by region.

I think it's legitimate. From my experience most people I have met who oppose illegal immigration are racist, yet also have a problem with being called such.

Given your next statement, it is questionable whether you actually know what it is to be racist.

I knew one guy who was openly racist, simply didn't like Mexicans. Made no attempts to hide it in any way. He told me he had a problem with people automatically ASSUMING he was a racist just because he opposed illegal immigration (even though he in fact was). He said that people use that description as an ad hominem. To be honest, it is. If you're racist it's really not relevent to your argument. I just think you are, and refuse to admit it.

Even assuming that he truly did not like Mexicans, that would make him bigoted, not racist. Mexican is not a race, it is a nationality. Nor is Hispanic a race, that is an ethnic description. Before you go throwing around terms, you really should learn what they mean and how they should be applied.

This would be the case if people opposed to illegal immigration were interested in a rational debate on the subject. I've found that this is not often the case. Their beliefs are almost invariably based upon emotional arguments, half-truths, and an unacknowledged racism.

So those Hispanics, Blacks and Asians who believe that immigration numbers are too high now http://Minority-Views-Immigration are unacknowledged racists? Or perhaps it is your own prejudices that are causing you to use teh racist label so freely. Perhaps you should get some hard data before you talk about rational debate on the subject.

The states themselves should have the right to deal with this in any way their citizens see fit. Why give the federal government even more power regarding this, when they don't use or uphold the power they do have, when it can be fixed on a state level, especially in the states that actually want to do something about it but are trying to be kept from doing so.

The states themselves should have the right to deal with this in any way their citizens see fit. Why give the federal government even more power regarding this, when they don't use or uphold the power they do have, when it can be fixed on a state level, especially in the states that actually want to do something about it but are trying to be kept from doing so.

Because US Citizenship is a Federal issue, not a state issue. That being said, so long as the states do not attempt to make the laws more restrictive than those the Federal Government have made, there should be no problem with any state enforcing the laws of the US within their state unless the law in question expressly forbids the States the power to enforce the law. Whether the courts will decide this on a purely Constitutional and US law basis is yet to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom