• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cirque du soleil cancels all north carolina shows to protest hb2

Then you were going to say a foolish thing.

"You have to tolerate intolerance if you claim to be tolerant" has got to be the most laughable perversion of the English language and logic I've heard.

then you really don't understand the meaning of tolerance do you?
I never understood why liberals like to throw out and spout words but they
don't understand the definition of the words they use.

they just make up definitions to suit the ideological claims but the world doesn't work like that.

I also have to note a vein of hypocrisy: those expressing outrage at "job creators'" decision to boycott states with bigoted laws ALSO defend laws allowing bigots to discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation.

business should be business not politics.
this is nothing more than businesses pandering and saving themselves from the lynch mob of the left and the
out of control PC crowd that controls them.

Will sharia even let Cirque du soleil exist anymore should the caliphate occur? I am thinking we won't have to worry about bathrooms being unisexed anymore at that point.

Whatever happened to the good ole days where things like performance art groups didn't collective boycott and protest state-to-state actions?

That's rather specific. How do you know that performance art groups didn't boycott states, and why would you look back to those days anyway?

I can't imagine people who think men shouldn't be able to use women's restrooms going to Cirque Du Soleil.

its sort of like the Grateful Dead refusing to play cincinnati after the County Sheriff and his deputies were acting like turds towards dead heads over minor drug violations in 1990. like your average dead head supported Si Leis and his jihad against LSD and grass

That's rather specific. How do you know that performance art groups didn't boycott states, and why would you look back to those days anyway?

Why do they have to?

Why do businesses and groups have to take a stand, one way or the other, on such issues? Why do any such views in any direction have to impact entertainment and business-as-usual?

Why do they have to?

Why do businesses and groups have to take a stand, one way or the other, on such issues? Why do any such views in any direction have to impact entertainment and business-as-usual?
Because they have the right to voice their opinions as well?

Because they have the right to voice their opinions as well?

A lot of people don't care - the whole 'soda fiasco boycott' from years back comes to mind as a totally roll-eye moment in which I really didn't give a **** about anything other than the soda itself.

People take themselves too ****ing serious, sometimes.

A lot of people don't care - the whole 'soda fiasco boycott' from years back comes to mind as a totally roll-eye moment in which I really didn't give a **** about anything other than the soda itself.

People take themselves too ****ing serious, sometimes.
So what if a lot of people don't care? That shouldn't stop them from doing what they want to do.

I said: "however small".

It's not small to those that are affected.

tell me-who really has to worry about this bathroom law

if you were born a guy and you look like a girl and you go into a stall
no worries

if you were born a dame, look like a dude, how are you going to get ratted out unless someone is a voyeur spying on other guy's johnsons and those perverts don't tend to call the cops

People still go to circuses?

Cirque is good-some really good performers. some absolutely gorgeous female performers-well at least they looked female. kind of hard to hide a package in some of those leotards

Why do they have to?

Um...because it's the American way? Free speech, boycotts and all that?

And again, that's doesn't answer the question of whether performs did boycotts in the past (I'm going to guess they probably did).

Cirque du soliel has a show booked in Dubai...where they execute gays.

Cirque du soliel has a show booked in Dubai...where they execute gays.

Ugh...please tell me that's not true. Link, please.

sure you do but no one has a duty to build you a toilet

It's all clear now. That was borderline brilliant. Of course the separation of insanity and genius is but a pubic hair.

Cirque is good-some really good performers. some absolutely gorgeous female performers-well at least they looked female. kind of hard to hide a package in some of those leotards

Oooooh so flexible...

It's all clear now. That was borderline brilliant. Of course the separation of insanity and genius is but a pubic hair.

maybe in larry flynt's world?

Um...because it's the American way? Free speech, boycotts and all that?

And again, that's doesn't answer the question of whether performs did boycotts in the past (I'm going to guess they probably did).

lol - you're right . . . it goes with the territory. lol - I'm sure they did, too.

Back
Top Bottom