• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cinnamon

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have a question for those of you who are familiar with True Cinnamon.

Cinnamomum verum, true Cinnamon - Ceylon cinnamon or Sri Lanka cinnamon​

I rarely use Cinnamon and I mean rarely.
So I would like to know if the taste of True Cinnamon is really that different from the Cinnamomum cassia we can normally buy at the grocer.

Would it make better French toast?

Is it worth it?

I like to cook, and what I've found is that the best way to improve your cooking is to use the freshest, highest quality, ingredients you can find/afford

Having said that, regular cinnamon is just fine.

I've tried both. I like to put a stick of cinnamon in my morning coffee. The real stuff seemed milder

Not a big difference, IMO.

Thanks.

I mix cinn with dark brown sugar and pour it in my cereal. Also butter toast and smear the mixture on it. I have been eating that for six decades. Cinn is very good for you.

I mix cinn with dark brown sugar and pour it in my cereal. Also butter toast and smear the mixture on it. I have been eating that for six decades. Cinn is very good for you.
That is what is reported.
Yet the question remains. Are you getting the correct Cinnamon? Because they are different.

Back
Top Bottom