• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan profits from her sons death......

Navy Pride said:
How low can you get? Cindy Sheehan has written and has published a new book at the expense of her dead son.......How low can one person go?

http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/11/1786853.php

That's very white of her. She makes money from her dead son by writing a book? That'll weaken her already weak argument.

Some of it sounds interesting, but the part where she says that Bush murdered her son is over the top, in my opinion. That kind of statement (and we all know that I don't like Bush) is just ludicrous, and it takes away her credibility when she says exaggerated $hit like that. It's one thing to say that Bush placed her son in harm's way, but murder? Puleeze.

Donkey1499 said:
That's very white of her. She makes money from her dead son by writing a book? That'll weaken her already weak argument.

Exactly and at her latest protest in Texas hardly no one showed up.......

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47599

Cindy book-signing
a very 'lonely affair'
Photos by Associated Press, Reuters show 'Peace Mom' Sheehan waiting for buyers

Posted: November 27, 2005

While book-signings for political figures like Bill and Hillary Clinton, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity often feature long lines and people waiting for hours, the scene at Cindy Sheehan's book-signing yesterday near President Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch was a much more lonely affair.

Navy Pride said:
Exactly and at her latest protest in Texas hardly no one showed up.......

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47599

Cindy book-signing
a very 'lonely affair'
Photos by Associated Press, Reuters show 'Peace Mom' Sheehan waiting for buyers

Posted: November 27, 2005

While book-signings for political figures like Bill and Hillary Clinton, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity often feature long lines and people waiting for hours, the scene at Cindy Sheehan's book-signing yesterday near President Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch was a much more lonely affair.

Cindy Sheehan is officially a screwball!

Y'all need to give Cindy a break. You ever lost a son or daughter to a war? People act crazy and do crazy things when they lose a loved one.

A lot of people write books in order to get a message out to people. Cindy Sheehan, even if you disagree with her, is the exact same way. I find it hard to believe she is "profiting on her sons death" as you claim. Writing is hard work and she deserves her money. If she can writes for a good cause then thats well also.

This post is not so much in defence of Sheehan but more in defense of writers who, more often then not, are accused ot things like this for some reason. Now the question we have to ask is if it is any good.

TimmyBoy said:
Y'all need to give Cindy a break. You ever lost a son or daughter to a war? People act crazy and do crazy things when they lose a loved one.

Do you see any other mothers out there making this more than it really is? What about the soldier's father? He divorced the mother cuz she's a wacko. The majority of parents, which is PROBABLY 99.6% don't take it way out of proportion like Sheehan did. She's a moron. I sympathize for her son's death, but to blame Bush for it is retarded. Did Bush shoot her son? No, a terrorist bastard did. AND, he joined the military cuz HE WANTED TO!!! Sheehan needs to keep her big mouth shut!

FinnMacCool said:
A lot of people write books in order to get a message out to people. Cindy Sheehan, even if you disagree with her, is the exact same way. I find it hard to believe she is "profiting on her sons death" as you claim. Writing is hard work and she deserves her money. If she can writes for a good cause then thats well also.

This post is not so much in defence of Sheehan but more in defense of writers who, more often then not, are accused ot things like this for some reason. Now the question we have to ask is if it is any good.

Tolkien was a great writer. Sheehan is just a leftist noise machine. Tolkien profitted from his imagination and literary talent. Sheehan is profitting from her son's death. If her son hadn't died, then she wouldn't be writing a book.

I honestly do not see this as her profiting from her son's death. She protested at Bush's Crawford ranch because she was so angry at the loss of her son. Publishing a book to get her cause out is no different. I wouldn't be surprised if she was donating the $$ she earns from her book to either charity or some cause for her son or the parents of fallen soldiers.

Tolkien was a great writer. Sheehan is just a leftist noise machine. Tolkien profitted from his imagination and literary talent. Sheehan is profitting from her son's death. If her son hadn't died, then she wouldn't be writing a book.

Like I said. There is the question of whether the book is good or not. That is why I think its unfair for you to say something like that.

Oh yeah and don't think for a second that writers don't put their own political philosopies in their works.

FinnMacCool said:
Like I said. There is the question of whether the book is good or not. That is why I think its unfair for you to say something like that.

I tend to be unfair to unfair people. Sheehan blames Bush for her son's death. Is that fair? No. Especially when her son enlisted willingly. He signed his life away knowing that he might die. And he obviously expected that or else he wouldn't have joined.

I tend to be unfair to unfair people. Sheehan blames Bush for her son's death. Is that fair? No. Especially when her son enlisted willingly. He signed his life away knowing that he might die. And he obviously expected that or else he wouldn't have joined.

That would be a fair point if it were relevant to the discussion. We are talking about if she is profiting off this book from her sons death.

Cindy who? I am sure this will be the chatter at your local Barnes&Noble.:rofl

TimmyBoy said:

That is crap.........Everyone recognizes her great loss.........It is way past that now..............How do you feel about her profitting on her sons death?

aps said:
Some of it sounds interesting, but the part where she says that Bush murdered her son is over the top, in my opinion. That kind of statement (and we all know that I don't like Bush) is just ludicrous, and it takes away her credibility when she says exaggerated $hit like that. It's one thing to say that Bush placed her son in harm's way, but murder? Puleeze.

She also said the USA is the biggest terrorist country in the world.......How do you feel about her profitting on her sons death?

galenrox said:
Man, you are such a douchebag, jesus christ. Her ****ing son is dead, alright, she's not ****ing happy about it.
But you're pointing out that she's profiting from her son's death. This raises the question if you're just trying to talk **** about her because she expressed an opinion that you didn't like, which would make you a dirty ****ing facist, cause if you were just arguing a counterpoint you'd argue against what she says, instead of what she does. And the answer is yes. You wanna know why? Not once have I seen you comment about Eric Clapton making FAR more money off of his son's death than Cindy Sheehan ever will. You're not outraged by this in principle, you're outraged by her for expressing an opinion that is not the presidents. That makes you an UnAmerican douchebag.

Here Dude

That is crap.........Everyone recognizes her great loss.........It is way past that now..............How do you feel about her profitting on her sons death?

Oh and I don't even know who Eric Clapton is so for once get your story straight..

You probably agree with her in her statement that the USA is the biggest terrorist country in the world...........

Navy Pride said:
Oh and I don't even know who Eric Clapton is ...
HERETIC! BLASPHEMER! UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

Simon W. Moon said:
HERETIC! BLASPHEMER! UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

Not sure of that description but its true.I have no clue who he is..........Now if you want to talk about Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole that is another matter...........

galenrox said:
Please, find a single thing that I have ever said that implies that I think America is the biggest terrorist nation in the world, please, show me one ******* thing in which I've said anything that implies AT ALL that I think anywhere close to that?
You won't, cause it doesn't ****ing exist, and you're just an ignorant douchebag who can't actually justify anything you believe, and so you have to constantly resort to labeling people or coming up with some bullshit reason that has nothing to do with what they say to ignore what they say.
It's people like you that killed mathmaticians and scientists when they suggested the world might not be flat. It was people like you that thought "A woman learning, SHE'S A WITCH!". It's dipshits like you that supported McCarthy and actually bought the whole domino theory bullshit.

So, you summarize, it's people like you who have been ****ing everything up for actually patriotic intelligent Americans with your retarded redneck bullshit. If you supported America you'd embrace people expressing their opinions instead of going off to talk **** about them in an attempt to discredit them. If you supported America you would have supported the recounts in Florida in 2000, because you'd be confident that your candidate won, and you didn't want to cause the rift between conservatives and liberals that has happened because of the lack of the recount. If you supported America you'd be opposed to the violations of the constitution and our civil liberties that have happened under the Bush administration because you'd understand that blowing up buildings isn't the only way to hurt America.
But you hate America, you have everything it stands for. You hate the words on the statue of liberty that say "Bring me your poor, sick, and hungry", and most of all you hate the idea that people are allowed to be different from you, think different things than you, think different things are important than you, care about people more than you, and frankly aren't as stupid as you. You are a stupid little ****ing hick bastard who can't tell his dick from his pinky toe, and you're pissed off because I can.

And don't even bother responding, cause I know what you're gonna say, you're just gonna spew out the same old stupid inbred bullshit that you always do "Well, blah blah blah liberal blah blah blah hates america blah blah blah something I read on the republican webpage blah blah blah."
Save the energy for that cross burning in front of the local black guys house, cause it's wasted on me you ignorant ****ing prick.

You constantly defend this nutcase so I only assumed you believe as she does that this country is the biggest terrorist country in the world....If that is not so I apologize but at best your position when it comes to her is very confusing............:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Not sure of that description but its true.I have no clue who he is..........Now if you want to talk about Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole that is another matter...........

Here's one for you NP.
BTW I opened up in concert for Natalie Cole a few years ago.

Reprehensible
Calvin Trillin

(Crooned to the tune of "Unforgettable," that old Nat King Cole favorite, by Dick "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" Cheney)

Reprehensible--that word is for
Charges we misled our folks to war.
Like, despite the facts, I'd demagogue
Atta's meeting with Iraq in Prague.
It still may have been. The facts are not in.

Reprehensible. It's just a crime
Saying that a liar is what I'm.
Like, we talked of mushroom clouds to come
From the tubes made of aluminum.
For all that we knew, it might have been true.

Reprehensible! I'm just appalled
At the sort of names we're being called.
Like we'd say they'd bought some yellowcake
Even when we knew that tale was fake.
Catching us is reprehensible too.
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051219/trillin

galenrox said:
You would find the concept of not talking **** about someone because they oppose you politically confusing. That simply proves my point.
When it comes to her politics, for the most part I disagree with everything she says. What I am opposed to is little ****ing pansies like you have to try to ruin her *******ed life because she chose to speak out. It's her ****ing opinion, and she went out to express it, and the only response you can think of is to dig up dirt on her and talk **** about her. She lost her ****ing son in a war that you support, and yet you show her and her son's memory so little respect that you'll bash her and slander her character until everyone hates her because you guys disagree on the ****ing war, well **** you.
You can argue about things she says, that's fine, she is not exempt from debate, but I believe that she should be exempt from having faggy little douchebags like you from bashing her personally because of a difference in opinion. So I'll repeat myself **** YOU!!!

I sympathize with her as I do all families who have lost sons in Iraq........That said she is a nutcase who is benefiting financilly from the tragic loss of her son........If you can't see that I feel sorry for you..........

hipsterdufus said:
Here's one for you NP.
BTW I opened up in concert for Natalie Cole a few years ago.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051219/trillin

I have a dvd with Natalie and her Nat singing together....Its amazing technology considers he has been dead for 40 years.........

Moveon.org and the Nation huh..........Hey is Katrina alive? The last time I saw her on Hardball her skin was so pale.......She looked like death warmed over.........

Back
Top Bottom