• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan Go Home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The media paints Cindy Sheehan as a mother living grief to the edge. I just watched MSNBC doing their tear jerk "reporting" about how this poor woman only wants to meet with President Bush so she can lay her anti-war protest on him. I saw another clip on the Fox News Channel where Cindy said she wanted to tell him how anti-war she now is.

What this report or most of the media don't tell you is that Cindy Sheehan has already met with President Bush privately and when she was interviewed after that meeting she praised the President, said he was a compassionate man and had no war protest on her lips. What is different now?

Here's what the MRC had to say about a story on CBS - QUOTE:
The CBS Evening News on Wednesday devoted a second segment to promoting the vigil of Bush-hater Cindy Sheehan. Bill Plante noted the obvious as he provided more publicity: "She's gotten a lot of media attention by camping out on the road that leads to the President's ranch." He pointed out that she "understands that it's very difficult for the White House to dismiss anyone in her position" and touted how "she also knows she's not alone. One recent poll shows that one out of three people now say it's time to bring all the troops home." Anchor Bob Schieffer ridiculously asked: "I wonder why the President doesn't meet with her." Plante replied that "you'd think it would be an easy thing to do," but noted that would lead to him having to "meet with a lot of people." Plante did point out that Sheehan did meet Bush last year, but "she says that wasn't a satisfying meeting." Plante didn't note her praise then for Bush.

Cindy says if President Bush doesn't take an hour (world leaders might not get an hour with the President whether Republican or Democrat) to meet with her so she can tell him how immoral he is and how illegal his war is she will move her "protest" to Washington when he finishes his vacation. He is on a five week vacation at his ranch while Senators and Congressmen/women are on their same summer recess.

Does this woman really have the money to go to Washington D.C. and keep up the protest? She is supported by left wing ultra liberal groups. She is on Michael Moore's website. I would imagine that since her protest is geared more toward trying to embarass than to meet with the President, she will have backing. Now who would back Cindy Sheehan other than the media that only reports part of the story? Well there's Michael Moore and ........
:duel :cool:

She has a major credibility problem, but the left is known for sending us some real winners to be their spokespersons, this is just another sad example.:roll:

I heard that she is being backed by Michael Moore and moveon.org........

That says it all..........

gordontravels said:
The media paints Cindy Sheehan as a mother living grief to the edge. I just watched MSNBC doing their tear jerk "reporting" about how this poor woman only wants to meet with President Bush so she can lay her anti-war protest on him. I saw another clip on the Fox News Channel where Cindy said she wanted to tell him how anti-war she now is.

What this report or most of the media don't tell you is that Cindy Sheehan has already met with President Bush privately and when she was interviewed after that meeting she praised the President, said he was a compassionate man and had no war protest on her lips. What is different now?

Here's what the MRC had to say about a story on CBS - QUOTE:
The CBS Evening News on Wednesday devoted a second segment to promoting the vigil of Bush-hater Cindy Sheehan. Bill Plante noted the obvious as he provided more publicity: "She's gotten a lot of media attention by camping out on the road that leads to the President's ranch." He pointed out that she "understands that it's very difficult for the White House to dismiss anyone in her position" and touted how "she also knows she's not alone. One recent poll shows that one out of three people now say it's time to bring all the troops home." Anchor Bob Schieffer ridiculously asked: "I wonder why the President doesn't meet with her." Plante replied that "you'd think it would be an easy thing to do," but noted that would lead to him having to "meet with a lot of people." Plante did point out that Sheehan did meet Bush last year, but "she says that wasn't a satisfying meeting." Plante didn't note her praise then for Bush.

Cindy says if President Bush doesn't take an hour (world leaders might not get an hour with the President whether Republican or Democrat) to meet with her so she can tell him how immoral he is and how illegal his war is she will move her "protest" to Washington when he finishes his vacation. He is on a five week vacation at his ranch while Senators and Congressmen/women are on their same summer recess.

Does this woman really have the money to go to Washington D.C. and keep up the protest? She is supported by left wing ultra liberal groups. She is on Michael Moore's website. I would imagine that since her protest is geared more toward trying to embarass than to meet with the President, she will have backing. Now who would back Cindy Sheehan other than the media that only reports part of the story? Well there's Michael Moore and ........

Cindy=A Conservative Christian......supported by Liberal Democrats.

Thats it boys.

While I wrote the opening post I was watching Cindy being reported on during the "news" on MSNBC. About 30 minutes later on MSNBC "America Connected Coast to Coast" actually led their hour with her live. Ron Reagan was on her side of course but the "conservative" woman asked her about Michael Moore and MoveOn.org and then let Cindy dance around the questions such as "aren't you being supported by Michael Moore and MoveOn.org?". This MSNBC "conservative" didn't press Cindy to answer. Guess that's why she's on MSNBC. Guess that's why Cindy never answered.

Of course on the other side the Fox News Channel wants to know if the media "is pushing Cindy's anti-war agenda". This is a media event whether someone agrees with this woman or not. Bob Schieffer of CBS asking, "I wonder why the President doesn't meet with her" is beyond humorous, I think for a news anchor to even ask that question shows only bias or ignorance. Or maybe calculation.

President Bush has met with many of the families that have lost loved ones in Iraq and I am sure he doesn't ask if they are anti-war or not. How would he know. If President Bush meets with Cindy he will still be considered an evil man by Michael Moore, MoveOn.org and Cindy Sheehan. When I see how the "lying" mantra is spoken over and over I see paranoia and nothing more. I don't think President Bush is any more evil than you or me.

gordontravels said:
While I wrote the opening post I was watching Cindy being reported on during the "news" on MSNBC. About 30 minutes later on MSNBC "America Connected Coast to Coast" actually led their hour with her live. Ron Reagan was on her side of course but the "conservative" woman asked her about Michael Moore and MoveOn.org and then let Cindy dance around the questions such as "aren't you being supported by Michael Moore and MoveOn.org?". This MSNBC "conservative" didn't press Cindy to answer. Guess that's why she's on MSNBC. Guess that's why Cindy never answered.

Of course on the other side the Fox News Channel wants to know if the media "is pushing Cindy's anti-war agenda". This is a media event whether someone agrees with this woman or not. Bob Schieffer of CBS asking, "I wonder why the President doesn't meet with her" is beyond humorous, I think for a news anchor to even ask that question shows only bias or ignorance. Or maybe calculation.

President Bush has met with many of the families that have lost loved ones in Iraq and I am sure he doesn't ask if they are anti-war or not. How would he know. If President Bush meets with Cindy he will still be considered an evil man by Michael Moore, MoveOn.org and Cindy Sheehan. When I see how the "lying" mantra is spoken over and over I see paranoia and nothing more. I don't think President Bush is any more evil than you or me.

ARE YOU A PAID BOYCHIMPBUSH APOLOGIST?

SMIRKnCHIMP said:
ARE YOU A PAID BOYCHIMPBUSH APOLOGIST?

No I am a member of a forum with an opinion. I thought about whether to answer you or not but I did for one reason: I will ignore any post by you that doesn't deserve a reply. I will debate anything that deserves a return in the manner of debate. I reserve that reply especially for someone that disagrees with me.

I wanted you to know that I enjoy debate but I've seen some of your posts and unless you join the debate you will be ignored. At least by me.

gordontravels said:
No I am a member of a forum with an opinion. I thought about whether to answer you or not but I did for one reason: I will ignore any post by you that doesn't deserve a reply. I will debate anything that deserves a return in the manner of debate. I reserve that reply especially for someone that disagrees with me.

I wanted you to know that I enjoy debate but I've seen some of your posts and unless you join the debate you will be ignored. At least by me.

Hmmmm, who looks reasonable here, man this is hard to conclude........:roll:

Deegan said:
She has a major credibility problem, but the left is known for sending us some real winners to be their spokespersons, this is just another sad example.:roll:
What's her "credibility problem"?
And what's it got to do with anything?

edb19 said:
Brooklyn Park Ohio (Cleveland area) lost multiple men last week. Here's one family's response to the loss of their son, brother, husband and father (I hope). Totally opposite attitude to Ms. Sheehan's. Unfortunately, the Plain Dealer doesn't post their photos on their website - their accompanying front page picture should win a Pulitzer.

http://www.cleveland.com/iraq/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/lake/1123753053290460.xml&coll=2

I am sorry this woman lost her son last year......That said she is a political hack for the left.........She is singing a completely different tune then she sang last year when she met with President Bush.........At that time she said the President cared about what happens to our troops in Iraq and is truly sorry of their loss......She also said he is a caring, religeous man.....

Of course this is before the left wing radicals got to her..............

Simon W. Moon said:
What's her "credibility problem"?

She said quite the opposite after she met with Bush last year.

And what's it got to do with anything?

Credibility is everything. The woman is a crackpot. She wants to go in and tell the President that he went to war for oil to pay off his buddies. Why the media is giving her any credence is beyond me other than it serves some of thier purposes and that is to do anything to discredit Bush. It is shameful how she is being used.

FYI

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Casey's aunt and godmother:

"Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Ð Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins."

The media, MoveON and these other leftist anti-Bush groups should be ashamed of how they are trying to capitalize on this womans grief.

From last year:

Bush, Sheehans share moments
Article Launched: 06/24/2004 06:00:00 AM

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

"We have a lot of respect for the office of the president, and I have a new respect for him because he was sincere and he didn't have to take the time to meet with us," Pat said.

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

She seems to have not been happy with the way the war has been handled at the time.

What's she saying now [in her own words if you don't mind] that's so contradictory?

Furthermore, so what if someone changed their mind?
Happens all the time. It can be quite the sign of sanity and maturity to change one's mind. Tens of millions of American have changed their mind about Iraq in particular.

Simon W. Moon said:
Furthermore, so what if someone changed their mind?
Happens all the time. It can be quite the sign of sanity and maturity to change one's mind. Tens of millions of American have changed their mind about Iraq in particular.

Exactly, what's changed? She spoke with the president, had her time, and now is demanding another meeting. What else has she to say, and why should the president give her yet another meeting? The credibility problem is this, what happened from this meeting until now, and what good would another meeting do, especially now that she has been attacking his honesty, his motivations, and his sincerity?

Stinger said:
She said quite the opposite after she met with Bush last year.
Credibility is everything.
People aren't allowed to change their minds?

The war hasn't exactly gone the way the Bush admin. said it would so does mean the admin. isn't credible?
The woman is a crackpot.
Is that in your expert opinion doc?

Deegan said:
Exactly, what's changed? She spoke with the president, had her time, and now is demanding another meeting. What else has she to say, and why should the president give her yet another meeting? The credibility problem is this, what happened from this meeting until now, and what good would another meeting do, especially now that she has been attacking his honesty, his motivations, and his sincerity?

First of all, I thank Bush for having a meeting with those families and allowing them a short time...he didn't have to do that.

For Cindy, a year later can make a big difference. With her first meeting with Bush, her grief was still too new.

Now, a year later, she feels strong enough to ask the President why she had to lose her son?

Can you blame her?

Deegan said:

SHE HAS A RIGHT AS A FREE PERSON TO SPEAK HER MIND....REGARDLESS OF WHY SHE CHANGED HER MIND.. IT IS NOTHING TO YOU.

SLACKER

Deegan said:
Exactly, what's changed?
Do you really not know or is this merely rhetorical? [Not implying that I know.]

Deegan said:
The credibility problem is this, what happened from this meeting until now, and what good would another meeting do, especially now that she has been attacking his honesty, his motivations, and his sincerity?
If I follow you, [which is not certain] I'm not sure if credibility is the right word here. Her believability doesn't seem to have any impact on the answers to these questions.
Maybe I misunderstands you.

Her son died..arguing with the shrub won't bring him back. She needs to go home.

What difference does it make if she is supported by Michael Moore and Moveon.org?! IF you were in her position and wanted the message to go out, you would use any support.... duh.

Now, if Bush were were anything close to being smart he wuld have met with her the first day. His pr nightmare would be ov4er and it wouldn't be a big deal. But he won't meet with her because he has no answer to Cindy's question "WHAT DID MY SON DIE FOR? WHAT IS THE NOBLE CAUSE?"

And by the way 62% of the American people is on Cindy's side.

If this woman doesn't have a right to question Bush on the lie he told about WMD, (that ultimately took her sons life) I don't think anyone does...what IS the noble cause? Bush wouldn't even address the womans question properly, when he finally did emerge to give his press conference on the meeting with Rum-Dum & Condi ....he blew her off as just another person demanding an end to the occupation of Iraq: thumbdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom