• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan Go Home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You've done well Cindy. You got me to start a thread and here we are 33 pages later and more for and againsters have joined and it's not really about you anymore. Is it true that MoveOn.org is giving you like a blank check? Wouldn't you get moore from Michael? Your own family doesn't like you or what you are doing to your son's memory. They say he not only believed in what we were doing in Iraq but re-enlisted while he was in Iraq.

You are protesting your own grief and not your son's death or anyone else's because they don't want you doing that for them. They went and died and they believed in what they were doing. You believe but you don't believe in what they did. Your son believed in the war and what we were doing for the Iraqi people because he saw what our media doesn't tell us.

He saw the good we were doing; renovating and building new schools, children receiving polio and other vaccinations for the first time in the history of some regions in Iraq, New major hospitals and hundreds of new medical clinics so people don't just lay in a bedroom and die, water and electricity projects where people had no electricity and only a muddy well before, a voice, a vote and a hope for a better life. Gosh, even cell phones and Dish Network. CNN in the desert to tell them how badly we are doing in their country while they get the Jolly Time out of the microwave.

I really think you should go home Cindy because the Iraqi people don't understand you and those who like you here and those who don't really should get some quality news when they watch TV. You understand, don't you?
:duel :cool:

AliG

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
gordontravels said:
You've done well Cindy. You got me to start a thread and here we are 33 pages later and more for and againsters have joined and it's not really about you anymore. Is it true that MoveOn.org is giving you like a blank check? Wouldn't you get moore from Michael? Your own family doesn't like you or what you are doing to your son's memory. They say he not only believed in what we were doing in Iraq but re-enlisted while he was in Iraq.

You are protesting your own grief and not your son's death or anyone else's because they don't want you doing that for them. They went and died and they believed in what they were doing. You believe but you don't believe in what they did. Your son believed in the war and what we were doing for the Iraqi people because he saw what our media doesn't tell us.

He saw the good we were doing; renovating and building new schools, children receiving polio and other vaccinations for the first time in the history of some regions in Iraq, New major hospitals and hundreds of new medical clinics so people don't just lay in a bedroom and die, water and electricity projects where people had no electricity and only a muddy well before, a voice, a vote and a hope for a better life. Gosh, even cell phones and Dish Network. CNN in the desert to tell them how badly we are doing in their country while they get the Jolly Time out of the microwave.

I really think you should go home Cindy because the Iraqi people don't understand you and those who like you here and those who don't really should get some quality news when they watch TV. You understand, don't you?
:duel :cool:

Should we never protest?
What quality news are you talking about?
Yeh we liberated them, lets make sure no one critises us and everyone shuts-up and supports everything that USA do abroad and let the media tell us what is happening
woohoo

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
KidRocks said:
On the contrary, Cindy Sheehan is contributing to the "cause and effect' of the "Constitution" of the United States of America! It's called...free-speech! It's called "freedom of assembly"! It's called freedom and it's what seperates us from the rest because we are the best.

Only in America can an old lady go against the most powerful man in the world and cause grief to him and by her demonstration is strengthening our country and verifying our constitution!

Go Cindy Sheehan, show the world what America is all about!

Did you just miss this sentence?

It's easy to exercise one's right to free speech...I see its gotten much harder to know when NOT to exercise it....

argexpat

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
Its impossible to support the troops and not support what they are trying to accomplish..................People that say that do not support the troops.......

So you "support the troops"? It's easy to say, but what exactly does that mean? What have you actually done to "support the troops," other than put a bumper sticker on your car and harangue those who oppose the war on websites? This idea of "supporting the troops" is just a bunch of empty Republican claptrap.

I supported the troops by protesting Bush's war of choice before it killed them and a bunch of innocent Iraqis. I also support the troops by paying my taxes (unlike rich guys like Bush and his cronies, who give themselves tax cuts). What have you done?

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
cnredd said:
Did you just miss this sentence?

It's easy to exercise one's right to free speech...I see its gotten much harder to know when NOT to exercise it....

Well, it's clear that Cindy Sheehan is not being "politically-correct" in this case, sorry!

Stinger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
argexpat said:
So questioning our leaders is despicable? If more people like you had questioned your Dear Leader, we wouldn't be in this futile war in Iraq. Dude, this is America; it's our job to question our leaders, that's how you prevent tyranny. If you don't like America, you should move to North Korea.

It's our job to support our country in a time of war DUDE. This isn't about "questioning" this is about blatant lies and outrageous rhetorical attacks designed to regain political power by people who have no idea what we are up against and haven't the will to confront even if they did DUDE. If YOU don't like America DUDE then perhaps you should move to Iran and join the resitance DUDE.

This is what is dispicable

CINDY UNLEASHED: 'THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN THE WORLD IS GEORGE W. BUSH'
Wed Aug 17 2005 21:51:56 ET

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan, who is demanding a second meeting with Bush, stated: "We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They’re a bunch of ****ing hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bullshit, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog **** in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

END

If you agree with her then I'd suggest you immediate head to Iran and then pass through to Pakistan to meet up with OBL and join the fight DUDE. Else get on board and support your country and show the world we will not let these Islamic terrorist defeat us and we will not abhandon the Iraqis' fighting for their freedom so they can become the corner stone for the same for the rest of the middle east DUDE.

Stinger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Navy Pride said:
The time you question the leaders is before the war starts..........Once it starts you support the troops and their mission.........

You vote for people to represent you in the congress.........
If you don't like what they do they vote them out..........Don't take it out on our military

Exactly!!!!!!!

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KidRocks said:
On the contrary, Cindy Sheehan is contributing to the "cause and effect' of the "Constitution" of the United States of America! It's called...free-speech! It's called "freedom of assembly"! It's called freedom and it's what seperates us from the rest because we are the best.

Only in America can an old lady go against the most powerful man in the world and cause grief to him and by her demonstration is strengthening our country and verifying our constitution!

Go Cindy Sheehan, show the world what America is all about!

What is ironic the very military she is against by giving aid and comfort to the enemy in Iraq are the guys that are dying to give her the right to spout her anti American rhetoric...........

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stinger said:
Exactly!!!!!!!

But...

we did question Bush, practically the whole civilized world pleaded with Bush to not attack Iraq, remember? The chimp said he didn't give a damn, he was going ahead with his pre-emptive attack on Iraq period.

And now 1800 of our brave troops are dead because of President Bush and his "cowboy-mentality'! What a fool!

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
argexpat said:
So you "support the troops"? It's easy to say, but what exactly does that mean? What have you actually done to "support the troops," other than put a bumper sticker on your car and harangue those who oppose the war on websites? This idea of "supporting the troops" is just a bunch of empty Republican claptrap.

I supported the troops by protesting Bush's war of choice before it killed them and a bunch of innocent Iraqis. I also support the troops by paying my taxes (unlike rich guys like Bush and his cronies, who give themselves tax cuts). What have you done?

I am not a Republican but I spent 21 years in the military to give you the right to spout your hate speech against this country.........

I was in Nam....I know how the guys feel over there when they see all the negativity from the left in this country...........They say they can get the job done but they need our support......They believe in their mission in what they are doing........They are puzzled by all the bad press and say a lot of good things are going on and why is that not reported...........

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
AliG said:
Should we never protest?
What quality news are you talking about?
Yeh we liberated them, lets make sure no one critises us and everyone shuts-up and supports everything that USA do abroad and let the media tell us what is happening
woohoo

Well if that's the way you feel about it. I don't think many people will agree with you though. :duel :cool:

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
They had a candlelight vigil tonight in the town I live in........They were supporting Sheehan..........There was about a dozen misguided Michael Moore Types there with their anti Bush Signs........The was about 100 of us across the street waving our flags and holloring God Bless President Bush Our troops in harms way and the USA......

They finally packed up and went home............It was great........

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KidRocks said:
But...

we did question Bush, practically the whole civilized world pleaded with Bush to not attack Iraq, remember? The chimp said he didn't give a damn, he was going ahead with his pre-emptive attack on Iraq period.

And now 1800 of our brave troops are dead because of President Bush and his "cowboy-mentality'! What a fool!

Yes and President Bush got re elected by over 3,000,000 votes and if you had your way those 1800 men would have died in vain just like the 58,000 in Nam did thanks to Liberals like you..........

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
Yes and President Bush got re elected by over 3,000,000 votes and if you had your way those 1800 men would have died in vain just like the 58,000 in Nam did thanks to Liberals like you..........

You don't really give a damn about our troops, do you?

It's becoming clear to most here that it's all about Bush to you Bush cheerleaders, it's 'President Bush this and President Bush that' and I've noticed that our troops always come in second when you dittoheads start heaping your praise around.

Face it, you don't really care about the 'Iraqi' people either do you? In fact, most of you r-wing extremists couldn't even point to Iraq on the map before Bush attacked, rag-heads is how you referred to the people in the Middle-east, camel-jockeys is what most dittoheads called them. I remember now!

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
KidRocks said:

It's becoming clear to most here that it's all about Bush to you Bush cheerleaders, it's 'President Bush this and President Bush that' and I've noticed that our troops always come in second when you dittoheads start heaping your praise around.

Face it, you don't really care about the 'Iraqi' people either do you? In fact, most of you r-wing extremists couldn't even point to Iraq on the map before Bush attacked, rag-heads is how you referred to the people in the Middle-east, camel-jockeys is what most dittoheads called them. I remember now!

Your ally speaks.

CINDY UNLEASHED: 'THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN THE WORLD IS GEORGE W. BUSH'
Wed Aug 17 2005 21:51:56 ET

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan, who is demanding a second meeting with Bush, stated: "We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They’re a bunch of ****ing hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bullshit, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog **** in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

END

www.drudgereport.com

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The Drudge report? :spin:

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
They had a candlelight vigil tonight in the town I live in........They were supporting Sheehan..........There was about a dozen misguided Michael Moore Types there with their anti Bush Signs........The was about 100 of us across the street waving our flags and holloring God Bless President Bush Our troops in harms way and the USA......

They finally packed up and went home............It was great........

There are demonstrations like this going on all the time but our media won't tell you. Do you think Katie Couric is going to talk about how 10 times more people showed up to support President Bush than those who wanted to protest President Bush? You will never hear it on NBC. Or CNN, CBS or ABC. MSNBC might tell you something but they are more intent on telling you about a woman who wet her pants because she wouldn't leave a line where they were going to sell computers for 50 bucks (she didn't get one).

Our media latches on to a single story and tries to turn it into commercial success. Problem is that commercial success is getting listeners or viewers and Fox News Channel still leads the pack. Even at that, FNC is barely above the "One Missing Woman In The Whole Country" story. Last week they reported on the "Runaway Bride" mowing lawns. I was in total awe Dude Lady. I'm still wondering who killed Chandra Levy; poor girl. Osama took her completely off the television and we will never find out.

Cindy? It has nothing to do with free speech when I tell you it's time to go home. You just aren't good at this protest thing. Your son didn't even come close to what you think yet you use the "grieving mother" mantra so often you would think he would have agreed with what you are doing but you know he wouldn't would he?

Go Home Cindy. Really. It's time.

Oh and Cindy? Don't run for congress. When you lose Chris Mathews won't do a story on you. He only wants things that ARE outrageous, not things that WERE outrageous. Go home Cindy. Really. It's time to go home.

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KidRocks said:

I was one of those troops in Nam so don't preach to me about that...I know when we cut and run thanks to Liberals like you millions of innocent Vietnamese and Cambodians were murdered..........Unlike you I don't want to cut and run in Iraq and see millions of Iraqis murdered........

You Liberals don't care anything about our troops or the Iraqis.........All your worried about is where you will get your next fix..........You disgust me......

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
gordontravels said:
There are demonstrations like this going on all the time but our media won't tell you. Do you think Katie Couric is going to talk about how 10 times more people showed up to support President Bush than those who wanted to protest President Bush? You will never hear it on NBC. Or CNN, CBS or ABC. MSNBC might tell you something but they are more intent on telling you about a woman who wet her pants because she wouldn't leave a line where they were going to sell computers for 50 bucks (she didn't get one).

Our media latches on to a single story and tries to turn it into commercial success. Problem is that commercial success is getting listeners or viewers and Fox News Channel still leads the pack. Even at that, FNC is barely above the "One Missing Woman In The Whole Country" story. Last week they reported on the "Runaway Bride" mowing lawns. I was in total awe Dude Lady. I'm still wondering who killed Chandra Levy; poor girl. Osama took her completely off the television and we will never find out.

Cindy? It has nothing to do with free speech when I tell you it's time to go home. You just aren't good at this protest thing. Your son didn't even come close to what you think yet you use the "grieving mother" mantra so often you would think he would have agreed with what you are doing but you know he wouldn't would he?

Go Home Cindy. Really. It's time.

Oh and Cindy? Don't run for congress. When you lose Chris Mathews won't do a story on you. He only wants things that ARE outrageous, not things that WERE outrageous. Go home Cindy. Really. It's time to go home.

Well I live in a military town and they love and support the President and our troops in harms way..........Its really sad that because of the Liberal media that all we hear are negative reports........

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
scottyz said:
The Drudge report? :spin:

So it's just spin and she didn't say that? Is that what you are saying? Would it make any difference to a leftist America Basher? I rather doubt it. This is what they believe anyway.

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Navy Pride said:
I was one of those troops in Nam so don't preach to me about that...I know when we cut and run thanks to Liberals like you millions of innocent Vietnamese and Cambodians were murdered..........Unlike you I don't want to cut and run in Iraq and see millions of Iraqis murdered........

You Liberals don't care anything about our troops or the Iraqis.........All your worried about is where you will get your next fix..........You disgust me......
Nixon was a "liberal"? Could have fooled me. He couldn't possibly have wanted a withdraw because the war was based on a lie and not gaining any progress. Damn those people with common sense...

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Missouri Mule said:
So it's just spin and she didn't say that? Is that what you are saying? Would it make any difference to a leftist America Basher? I rather doubt it. This is what they believe anyway.
Show me a vid of her saying it. Sorry, but I don't consider the Drudge Report a reliable source of news.

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
scottyz said:
Nixon was a "liberal"? Could have fooled me. He couldn't possibly have wanted a withdraw because the war was based on a lie and not gaining any progress. Damn those people with common sense...

Do you have a clue about anything? Nixon bowed to you Liberals who wanted to cut and run from Nam just like you liberals today.

Thank God we have a President today who will not bow to you lefties and stay the course in Iraq............

I salute him!!!!!

I don't know how old you are but we won every battle in Nam and would have won the war there except for the whacko left who did not have the stomach for it...........I go to that wall every year in DC and see 6 of my friends names there who died for nothing because of people like you.......58,000 for nothing!!!!

Last edited:

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Navy Pride said:
Do you have a clue about anything? Nixon bowed to you Liberals who wanted to cut and run from Nam just like you liberals today.

Thank God we have a President today who will not bow to you lefties and stay the course in Iraq............

I salute him!!!!!

I don't know how old you are but we won every battle in Nam and would have won the war there except for the whacko left who did not have the stomach for it...........I go to that wall every year in DC and see 6 of my friends names there who died for nothing because of people like you.......58,000 for nothing!!!!
Yeah! Thank God we have a President that has no regard for American and Iraqi lives and is willing to kill as many of them as possible in order to stay a course he wont reveal to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom