• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan arrested........

You do not give a pass to a Lunatic like Cindy Sheehan at an event where

All 3 Branches of Gov't are in the same Hall
whoever gave her the pass should be held accountable

Navy Pride said:
According to you favorite news channel and Wolf Blizer Sheehan was arrested..........There is not even a senator involved..........

Champs didn't say that a Senator was arrested. He pointed out that some on this thread have suggested that Rep. Woolsey, who gave Cindy the ticket, should be arrested for doing so.

Stace said:
Just to clear this up, she did not unfurl any banners. She wore a t shirt with an anti war slogan on it and had it covered up until she took her seat.

Sorry, but it's not as big of a spectacle as y'all want to make of it, and quite frankly, I'm surprised that so many of you are still so caught up in what this woman does. She's old news, just let it go already.

Activist Cindy Sheehan Arrested at Capitol

You need to take it up with CNN and Wolf Blizer for the details.He is the one that broke the news........

Stace said:
Champs didn't say that a Senator was arrested. He pointed out that some on this thread have suggested that Rep. Woolsey, who gave Cindy the ticket, should be arrested for doing so.

I did not say it was a senator either...............

DeeJayH said:
You do not give a pass to a Lunatic like Cindy Sheehan at an event where

All 3 Branches of Gov't are in the same Hall
whoever gave her the pass should be held accountable

Exactly!!!!!!!!

debate_junkie said:
Cindy Sheehan is a nut, I'll give you that. But Stinger, can you say for certain the Senator KNEW she would try to pull this? I mean really, since when should a Senator be held responsible for the actions of another grown adult?

The very fact that she gave this woman the pass shows a distinct lack of judge else wilful culpability. Either deserves censure. This is the event where the PRESIDENT of the United States (not George Bush the man) comes to the halls of Congress to address them and the nation. It is a solemn event, to use this as a stunt is disrepectful of the PRESIDENT and the nation, and the first part of that stunt was setting her up to be there in the first place.

Navy Pride said:
You need to take it up with CNN and Wolf Blizer for the details.He is the one that broke the news........

Yeah, and he probably didn't have all of the details then...and that's fine if that's what y'all heard THEN, but apparently, that is NOT the case, and I'm just tryin' to keep y'all honest :mrgreen: Let the CNN head honchos deal with Blitzer - actually, wait, it's not Blitzer's fault, he can only report with the information he's given....

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Do you even know who Cindy Sheehan is??? She was famous before this little incident you know?

LMAO Do I even care who Cindy Sheehan is? The fact is, Trajan, you've yet to distinguish how the Senator is responsible for the actions of another adult? Personal Responsibility (damn, it's beating a dead horse) is the key issue here, and you being partisan is BLATANTLY evident. When you can show me the Senator in question KNEW Cindy was going to do what she did, then you've proven your argument. Until then, you're just as bad as the Partisan Liberals you so profess to dislike.

debate_junkie said:
Did the Senator hold a gun to Cindy's head and tell her she HAD to open an anti-war banner in the Senate? Did the Senator know Cindy was going to even do that? LMAO You keep screaming how Partisan the Democrats are, Trajan, and partisan is exactly what you're posts are.

The Republican's are HUGE on personal responsibility, and yet you blame the person who invited Cindy, not Cindy herself. Unreal... so again.. is personal responsibility only on a case by case basis?

Sindy Sheehan IS an anti-war banner!

>>First of all, I'm a female. I'm offended

Would Dudette be more appropriate???

Stace said:
Yeah, and he probably didn't have all of the details then...and that's fine if that's what y'all heard THEN, but apparently, that is NOT the case, and I'm just tryin' to keep y'all honest :mrgreen: Let the CNN head honchos deal with Blitzer - actually, wait, it's not Blitzer's fault, he can only report with the information he's given....

Well its a moot point whether it was a senator or a congresswoman..Bottom line she should be held responsible for giving Sheehan a seat there.......If you look at my first or second post in the thread I said she would probably try to pull some outrageous stunt.......

Navy Pride said:
Well its a moot point whether it was a senator or a congresswoman..Bottom line she should be held responsible for giving Sheehan a seat there.......If you look at my first or second post in the thread I said she would probably try to pull some outrageous stunt.......

Ya I know before they even broke the news on the banner I knew it wouldn't end well and these people are trying to tell us that Senator didn't know. Gimme a break.

Stinger said:
The very fact that she gave this woman the pass shows a distinct lack of judge else wilful culpability. Either deserves censure. This is the event where the PRESIDENT of the United States (not George Bush the man) comes to the halls of Congress to address them and the nation. It is a solemn event, to use this as a stunt is disrepectful of the PRESIDENT and the nation, and the first part of that stunt was setting her up to be there in the first place.

Show me she knew Sheehan was going to use the opportunity to disrespect the President, Stinger? Not ONE of you can say she did. You say lack of judgement. Hmmm I can think of many cases where lack of judgement doesn't warrant censure. Last I checked, CINDY.. yes CINDY is responsible for what she does, as an adult in the United States of America. Was the Congresswoman stupid for giving her the Pass? You bet ya. Is she responsible for what Cindy did with the pass? No she is not.

I loved it on the one part of his speech when he said something about making the tax cuts permanent, all the republicans got up and clapped and the only democrat that stood and clapped was Senator Ben Nelson......

It was hilarious

They are talking about Sheehan on MSNBC now......

debate_junkie said:
Show me she knew Sheehan was going to use the opportunity to disrespect the President, Stinger? Not ONE of you can say she did. You say lack of judgement. Hmmm I can think of many cases where lack of judgement doesn't warrant censure. Last I checked, CINDY.. yes CINDY is responsible for what she does, as an adult in the United States of America. Was the Congresswoman stupid for giving her the Pass? You bet ya. Is she responsible for what Cindy did with the pass? No she is not.

Have you been following Sheehan over the past year? Have you seen her outrageous statements and antics? Go back and look at my first or second post...........I predicted that nut case would pull something stupid......

Stace said:
Right Stace! I was simply pointing out that our hypocrite contributors on the right make insane suggestions that are not based in facts...they're feeding on pathetic rumors and come up with outrageous remedies to events that never happened or that are inappropriate by their very nature.

debate_junkie said:

what kind of IDIOT would NOT know Sheehan would do this
It is what she does. IT IS ALL SHE DOES. She is an obssessed NUT
A surprise would have been if she sat there respectfully.

Navy Pride said:
Have you been following Sheehan over the past year? Have you seen her outrageous statements and antics? Go back and look at my first or second post...........I predicted that nut case would pull something stupid......

Predicted? Y2K was predicted to be the end of the world... does that mean they knew it to be true? laughs... nice try though

Navy Pride said:
Its outrageous, the congresswoman is probably just as whack as she is....
Tell us all what you know about her that allows you to slander a member of Congress like you just did? You obviously know nothing about her...not even her name, yet you attack, attack, attack.

What is her voting record? You know nothing about her yet you call her whacko....kettle calling the pot black?

Navy Pride said:

Uh...I wasn't making a big deal over whether it was a Senator or a Representative. I was talking about the fact that she was wearing a t shirt, not unfurling a banner. I've read every post in this thread, thanks, and you said no such thing in your first few posts....in fact, from what I can see, it wasn't until post #39 that you tried to say Rep. Woolsey should have known better.....

Anyway. I'm off to watch The Daily Show. Y'all have fun.

debate_junkie said:

Spare me.

You say lack of judgement. Hmmm I can think of many cases where lack of judgement doesn't warrant censure.

This wasn't one of them. If Sheehan wasn't so lacking in intelligence she might have pulled it off, and that would reprehensible. She is a known quantitie and should never have been given that pass into the Capital, and extreme lack of judgement.

Last I checked, CINDY.. yes CINDY is responsible for what she does, as an adult in the United States of America.

And Rep. Woolsey is responsible for what she does and in this case it was irresponsible at best, and outrageous plane to disrupt the State of the Union address.

Was the Congresswoman stupid for giving her the Pass? You bet ya.

And that alone deserves censure. She should know to take due diligence as to whom she invites to such an occasion. What was she even thinking in inviting this woman after the things she said about our country on foriegn soil in the arms of a dictator and a man pledged to anti-American policies? What was the purpose of her being there?

Is she responsible for what Cindy did with the pass? No she is not.

She is responsible for the behavior of her quest. If I take a quest to someone else house, yes I bear a responsbility since I invited them.

Stace said:
Uh...I wasn't making a big deal over whether it was a Senator or a Representative. I was talking about the fact that she was wearing a t shirt, not unfurling a banner. I've read every post in this thread, thanks, and you said no such thing in your first few posts....in fact, from what I can see, it wasn't until post #39 that you tried to say Rep. Woolsey should have known better.....

Anyway. I'm off to watch The Daily Show. Y'all have fun.

Well CNN, Fox News, C-SPAN, and MSNBC, would care to disagree with you where are you getting your intel from?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Dude it's Cindy Sheehan... Cindy fuc/king Sheehan!!! gimme a break.

Again, I'm female. I understand you're partisan seething is getting in the way, but please try to remember. Thanks.

And? is that the best you've got... it's Cindy Sheehan? Frankly, it sounds to me like this is nothing more than a Democratic hate fest... but it's the liberal's that are partisan. Nice!

Back
Top Bottom