• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Sheehan arrested

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The Vacaville woman and several dozen other protesters were taken into custody after sitting down on the sidewalk after marching along Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned Sheehan and the other protesters three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along.

After the final warning, Sheehan and the others were arrested.

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=3901669

scottyz said:

They got exactly what they wanted.

"The protesters planted themselves on the sidewalk outside the White House and refused to move, singing songs and chanting slogans while waiting nearly five hours for police to arrest all of them.
Most were arrested for demonstrating without a permit, a misdemeanor that carries a $50 fine and can be paid by mail or can be challenged in court, said U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. Scott Fear."

Getting a permit and not blocking traffic would have made it a less dramatic day.:roll:

akyron said:
They got exactly what they wanted.

"The protesters planted themselves on the sidewalk outside the White House and refused to move, singing songs and chanting slogans while waiting nearly five hours for police to arrest all of them.
Most were arrested for demonstrating without a permit, a misdemeanor that carries a $50 fine and can be paid by mail or can be challenged in court, said U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. Scott Fear."

Getting a permit and not blocking traffic would have made it a less dramatic day.:roll:
Exactly...

Cindy was furious that those damn hurricanes showed up in the middle of her 15 minutes and needed a way to get her name back in the limelight....

"Hey America!!!...Stop watching them poor people and watch me!!!":roll:

Once again I Taxpayer will give you the TRUTH:
Cindy Sheehan was arrested for BLOCKING a crosswalk!!!

This was probably done to take the limelight off of Bushs screw up in Louisiana!

taxpayer said:

This was probably done to take the limelight off of Bushs screw up in Louisiana!

You mean the skewed truth.. skewed beyond belief? Yes! Once again, you blame Bush for the screw up in louisianna! What did bush do exactly wrong? Why did he do what u say? Racism? :rofl

Why are you constantly blaming bush when it was the responcibility of the city and the state? Bush should not have taken responcibility! But if he didnt, he would have to be constantly hearing people like you complain and complain about him! I have already discussed why it was not his responcibility! Look it up... if you are capible!

Absolutely every post i see from you has absolutely no logic within it! No facts! Pure Rhetoric! Why dont you start basing your posts (wont say arguements b/c they are actually not) off facts and logic? You have no supporting premises, no supporting facts, no links to a credible site... Is this b/c you can not obtain any?:rofl

taxpayer said:

Uh, your completely uninformed and unsupported opinion trumps truth?

Thank's for enlightening us. Boy, that genius Bush, decided to take the heat off himself by arresting someone who's protesting against him. That wouldn't get any headlines, would it?

AK_Conservative said:
You mean the skewed truth.. skewed beyond belief? Yes! Once again, you blame Bush for the screw up in louisianna! What did bush do exactly wrong? Why did he do what u say? Racism? :rofl

Why are you constantly blaming bush when it was the responcibility of the city and the state? Bush should not have taken responcibility! But if he didnt, he would have to be constantly hearing people like you complain and complain about him! I have already discussed why it was not his responcibility! Look it up... if you are capible!

Absolutely every post i see from you has absolutely no logic within it! No facts! Pure Rhetoric! Why dont you start basing your posts (wont say arguements b/c they are actually not) off facts and logic? You have no supporting premises, no supporting facts, no links to a credible site... Is this b/c you can not obtain any?:rofl

Just a question, what "conservative values" does the great state of Alaska have left? All I've been seeing lately is an appetite for pork...

RightatNYU said:
Uh, your completely uninformed and unsupported opinion trumps truth?

Thank's for enlightening us. Boy, that genius Bush, decided to take the heat off himself by arresting someone who's protesting against him. That wouldn't get any headlines, would it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it is the truth that Cindy was arrested for blocking a crosswalk!

I didn't say that Bush himself had anyone arrested.

RightatNYU said:
Just a question, what "conservative values" does the great state of Alaska have left? All I've been seeing lately is an appetite for pork...

Hahahaha.. As the state grows, we are getting infesed with tree huggers and other extreme environMENTALists! I do not know what is going on with this state! Though, it still is heavily republican!

AK_Conservative said:
Hahahaha.. As the state grows, we are getting infesed with tree huggers and other extreme environMENTALists! I do not know what is going on with this state! Though, it still is heavily republican!
Who where does all your oil go to? Is it true it all goes to Japan?

taxpayer said:
Who where does all your oil go to? Is it true it all goes to Japan?

Nope, alaskan oil makes up of 17% of the nations oil, pulling out a bit under 1 million barrels a day! only a very very very small portion goes to asia from fields under state waters off Alaska's Cook Inlet.

The amount is insignificant! Though, it does bring in revenue for the stae which is a good thing!

taxpayer said:
Well it is the truth that Cindy was arrested for blocking a crosswalk!

I didn't say that Bush himself had anyone arrested.

Question...so how would Cindy Sheehan being arrested (rightfully so) for breaking the law take the heat off Bush?

Or is this one of those things that only makes sense in your little world?

AK_Conservative said:

I don't mean in terms of that, I'm blaming the Republicans for what's happening to Alaska. Alaska has become the epitome of what is wrong with the Republican party nowadays. The pork-barrel politics is disgustingly wasteful.

$223,000,000 for a bridge to nowhere. Wow.

This is the party of fiscal conservatism?

I can only pray that the Democrats start to get a foothold in Alaska and curb that damn Governor and his family.

RightatNYU said:
I don't mean in terms of that, I'm blaming the Republicans for what's happening to Alaska. Alaska has become the epitome of what is wrong with the Republican party nowadays. The pork-barrel politics is disgustingly wasteful.

$223,000,000 for a bridge to nowhere. Wow.

This is the party of fiscal conservatism?

I can only pray that the Democrats start to get a foothold in Alaska and curb that damn Governor and his family.

which bridge are you talking about? The knik cook arm bridge or the one connecting the land of alaska to the capitol! this is a rapid growing state and it needs to start to accomidating for that! It doesnt lead to know where, one of them leads to the capitol (which i believe you are reffering to) The governor has had major issues, but he has put the most money into education than any other gov in alaska! All i can say about the bridges, you got to live here to understand. The democrats do not really have a chance to lead this state and HOPEFULLY they wont! If i kept going on to explain it all, it would take hours! All i can say is you would have to be here to understand! Living in New York, a liberal state, inforation would get skewed considerably!

AK_Conservative said:
which bridge are you talking about? The knik cook arm bridge or the one connecting the land of alaska to the capitol! this is a rapid growing state and it needs to start to accomidating for that! It doesnt lead to know where, one of them leads to the capitol (which i believe you are reffering to) The governor has had major issues, but he has put the most money into education than any other gov in alaska! All i can say about the bridges, you got to live here to understand. The democrats do not really have a chance to lead this state and HOPEFULLY they wont! If i kept going on to explain it all, it would take hours! All i can say is you would have to be here to understand! Living in New York, a liberal state, inforation would get skewed considerably!

$223,000,000 to build a bridge connecting an island with 8000 people to an island with 50 people.

A mess of thorny devil's club and salmonberries, along with an old chicken coop, surrounds the 40-year-old cabin where Mike Sallee grew up and still lives part time on southeast Alaska's Gravina Island. Sallee's cabin is the very definition of remote. Deer routinely visit his front porch, and black bears and wolves live in the woods out back. The 20-mile-long island, home to fewer than 50 people, has no stores, no restaurants and no paved roads. An airport on the island hosts fewer than 10 commercial flights a day.

Yet due to funds in a new transportation bill, which President Bush is scheduled to sign Wednesday, Sallee and his neighbors may soon receive a bridge nearly as long as the Golden Gate Bridge and 80 feet taller than the Brooklyn Bridge. With a $223 million check from the federal government, the bridge will connect Gravina to the bustling Alaskan metropolis of Ketchikan, pop. 8,000.

...a ferry, which runs every 15 minutes in the summer, already connects Gravina to Ketchikan. "It can get us to the hospital in five minutes...

As chairman of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and Alaska's lone congressional representative for 32 years, the elder statesman wrangled $941 million for Alaska in the bill, making Alaska, the nation's third least populated state, the fourth-biggest recipient of transportation funds. The money for the bill is fed by a gas tax at the pump, but this slush fund isn't redistributed to all Americans equally: The bill spends $86 per person on a national average; it spends an estimated $1,500 on every Alaskan.

Included in the bill's special Alaska projects is $231 million for a bridge that will connect Anchorage to Port MacKenzie, a rural area that has exactly one resident, north of the town of Knik, pop. 22. The land is a network of swamps between a few hummocks of dry ground. Although it may or may not set the stage for future development, the bridge, to be named "Don Young's Way," will not save commuters into Anchorage any time, says Walt Parker, a former Alaska commissioner of highways.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/08/09/bridges/index_np.html

Just part of the $941,000,000 worth of pork barrel projects brought back by your Congressman.

If this doesn't bother you as a Republican....oy.

RightatNYU said:
$223,000,000 to build a bridge connecting an island with 8000 people to an island with 50 people.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/08/09/bridges/index_np.html

Just part of the $941,000,000 worth of pork barrel projects brought back by your Congressman.

If this doesn't bother you as a Republican....oy.

I understand purely what you are saying! I really do not know my opinion on this subject though! There are both good and bad points to it! The Bridge will eventually connecting alaska to its capitol (juneau)!

Though i do not have a desire to travel the road if built, i think it should be let to the people to decide if they want it or not. I have not heard much on this though if they back it or not! too busy with school atm!

Last edited:
Re:

Cindy Sheehan arrested

Its about time!!! Dam it took officials this long to figure out she was committing sedition? Back in the day this offense got you hanged.

Re:

SKILMATIC said:
Its about time!!! Dam it took officials this long to figure out she was committing sedition? Back in the day this offense got you hanged.

I really wasn't following it,what exactly did she do wrong?

Back
Top Bottom