• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Has Right To Be Angry

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hey, all this BS and all the publicity this anti-war mother has gotten and all the mean things said about her, you know, I think she has every right to be angry. First, she and the rest of America was lied to when Powel when up to the UN. It's a proven fact and facts cannot be disputed. The information that Powell gave at the UN were not true. It's been proven and cannot be disputed. And you know what, now her son was killed for those lies that Powell gave at the UN. Her son died for nothing. He died, because his leaders betrayed him. Because he was niave enough to believe in the basic integrity of the US government. Because he trusted his leaders. And his leaders sacraficed him for a lie. Every war starts on a lie. The first casualty was truth. And then people are going to turn around and act all surprised when Cindy is angry when she lost her son. She has every right to be angry. Shes got every right to go up to Washington DC and give those crooks in Congress and the presidency a piece of her mind.

Personally I think this is just a thread to bait people.......I hope other see it that way too.......There are enough threads about this old bag........

Navy Pride said:
Personally I think this is just a thread to bait people.......I hope other see it that way too.......There are enough threads about this old bag........

Yeah especially since you started one about her just last night. Oh but wait, that was to bash her so that one was ok.

Cuz Cheif Navy said so!!!

Cindy Has Right To Be Angry
...and foolish and stupid and generally unstable. However, she has no right to be taken seriously.

Diogenes said:
...and foolish and stupid and generally unstable. However, she has no right to be taken seriously.

She probably has a right to be angry, since the Bushneviks did get her son killed in an unnecessary war. However, she has become a tool for the Democrats, much the same way Jessica Lynch was a tool for the Bush team. When one side does it, the other side cries foul, but both sides are playing poltical football here, and shame on both.

danarhea said:
She probably has a right to be angry, since the Bushneviks did get her son killed in an unnecessary war. However, she has become a tool for the Democrats, much the same way Jessica Lynch was a tool for the Bush team. When one side does it, the other side cries foul, but both sides are playing poltical football here, and shame on both.

Somehow she doesn't look angry to me.

http://www.lucianne.com/routine/images/09-26-05.jpg

TimmyBoy said:
Hey, all this BS and all the publicity this anti-war mother has gotten and all the mean things said about her, you know, I think she has every right to be angry. First, she and the rest of America was lied to when Powel when up to the UN. It's a proven fact and facts cannot be disputed. The information that Powell gave at the UN were not true. It's been proven and cannot be disputed. And you know what, now her son was killed for those lies that Powell gave at the UN. Her son died for nothing. He died, because his leaders betrayed him. Because he was niave enough to believe in the basic integrity of the US government. Because he trusted his leaders. And his leaders sacraficed him for a lie. Every war starts on a lie. The first casualty was truth. And then people are going to turn around and act all surprised when Cindy is angry when she lost her son. She has every right to be angry. Shes got every right to go up to Washington DC and give those crooks in Congress and the presidency a piece of her mind.

Great post, TimmyBoy. I genuinely like Cindy Sheehan when she behaves like an adult. However, when she acts like a crazed person like she did outside the White House when she got arrested, she turns me off. She was on Chris Matthews yesterday, and she was extremely articulate. She expressed her opposition to the war, and she exuded credibility. I just wish she would stick to these points instead of attempting to make a point by violating a specific request by the Secret Service.

I share her disgust with this adminstration, who, in my personal opinion, exaggerated the intelligence to get us into Iraq. Colin Powell had serious doubts about the justification and the intelligence that had been provided to him by the White House, and he should have pursued those doubts, even if he was removed from his position. But he didn't, and George Tenet, who knew that there were holes in the intelligence, has been awarded the highest civilian medal--the Medal of Freedom--from our president. What the hell is the matter with this country, when it rewards someone for providing facts that were shown to be wrong? Maybe Michael Brown will get the next Medal of Freedom since that's what Bush tends to do--award those who have taken away credibility from the United States.

aps said:
Great post, TimmyBoy. I genuinely like Cindy Sheehan when she behaves like an adult. However, when she acts like a crazed person like she did outside the White House when she got arrested, she turns me off. She was on Chris Matthews yesterday, and she was extremely articulate. She expressed her opposition to the war, and she exuded credibility. I just wish she would stick to these points instead of attempting to make a point by violating a specific request by the Secret Service.

I share her disgust with this adminstration, who, in my personal opinion, exaggerated the intelligence to get us into Iraq. Colin Powell had serious doubts about the justification and the intelligence that had been provided to him by the White House, and he should have pursued those doubts, even if he was removed from his position. But he didn't, and George Tenet, who knew that there were holes in the intelligence, has been awarded the highest civilian medal--the Medal of Freedom--from our president. What the hell is the matter with this country, when it rewards someone for providing facts that were shown to be wrong? Maybe Michael Brown will get the next Medal of Freedom since that's what Bush tends to do--award those who have taken away credibility from the United States.

I listened to that interview and didn't exactly understand how and when we would leave Iraq. Should we mount our machine guns on the back of our vehicles as we hightail it out of there so they don't shoot us in the back as we leave? I didn't get the details. Can you fill me in, please?

And if I understood her correctly, we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan either. Evidently, she believed we should have had surgical strikes on bin Laden and leave the Taliban in power; the same regime that used to take Afghan women into the soccer stadium to shoot them in the back in the head for showing some ankle beneath their burkas. That's a real good plan. Can we say "General Sheehan?" I can hardly wait.

Missouri Mule said:
I listened to that interview and didn't exactly understand how and when we would leave Iraq. Should we mount our machine guns on the back of our vehicles as we hightail it out of there so they don't shoot us in the back as we leave? I didn't get the details. Can you fill me in, please?

And if I understood her correctly, we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan either. Evidently, she believed we should have had surgical strikes on bin Laden and leave the Taliban in power; the same regime that used to take Afghan women into the soccer stadium to shoot them in the back in the head for showing some ankle beneath their burkas. That's a real good plan. Can we say "General Sheehan?" I can hardly wait.

I don't think she has a plan as to how we should leave. She just wants us to leave since the reason we went in there doesn't exist.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I think about her take on Afghanistan. I see her point about just taking out Al Qaeda. What had the Taliban done to us? Is it our responsibility to go into every country where people are being mistreated or killed? I don't think so. I'm not saying I agree with her stance, just that I understand it.

aps said:
I don't think she has a plan as to how we should leave. She just wants us to leave since the reason we went in there doesn't exist.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I think about her take on Afghanistan. I see her point about just taking out Al Qaeda. What had the Taliban done to us? Is it our responsibility to go into every country where people are being mistreated or killed? I don't think so. I'm not saying I agree with her stance, just that I understand it.

What had the Taliban done to us? Let me count the ways. How about offering sanctuary to bin Laden so he could carry out 9/11? We offered them a way out if they would turn him over but they refused instead saying he was a "guest" in their country. That's for starters. In point of fact, the Taliban was bought and paid for by bin Laden. You would have known that had you bothered to know the history there.

So you believe we should just pack our bags and get out and hope the terrorists won't shoot us in the back? Is that about it? That'll teach them terrorists we're serious won't it? Bin Laden made it quite clear in his writings that he attacked America because he believed us to be weak and unwilling to stay the course. We bugged out of Beirut in the 1980s, Somalia in the 1990s and we didn't do anything about all of the other terror acts against us and "bugging" out is an option??

Like I say, I want to hear "General Sheehan's" plans to cut and run out of Iraq. But I won't hold my breath.

Missouri Mule said:
What had the Taliban done to us? Let me count the ways. How about offering sanctuary to bin Laden so he could carry out 9/11? We offered them a way out if they would turn him over but they refused instead saying he was a "guest" in their country. That's for starters. In point of fact, the Taliban was bought and paid for by bin Laden. You would have known that had you bothered to know the history there.

So you believe we should just pack our bags and get out and hope the terrorists won't shoot us in the back? Is that about it? That'll teach them terrorists we're serious won't it? Bin Laden made it quite clear in his writings that he attacked America because he believed us to be weak and unwilling to stay the course. We bugged out of Beirut in the 1980s, Somalia in the 1990s and we didn't do anything about all of the other terror acts against us and "bugging" out is an option??

Like I say, I want to hear "General Sheehan's" plans to cut and run out of Iraq. But I won't hold my breath.

You're right. I do not know the entire history there. What's up with the condescending tone? Because I showed some validation to Cindy Sheehan's idea? Okaaaaaaaaay. Anyway, assuming your facts are correct, then I totally agree with you. Maybe Cindy doesn't have the facts either. lol

I'm not saying that we should pack our bags NOW. I think we should pick a date that we plan to leave, because it's good for morale to work towards a goal. That doesn't mean we pack our bags on that date--it is merely a goal. But in order for the Iraqis to learn to defend themselves, I think they need to know when that date may come and work towards it. Right now there is little incentive for them.

BTW, why do we care what bin Laden thinks of us? Oh, because he may attack again? Trust me, that man is going to come after us again whether we stay the course in Iraq or not. We haven't been attacked because of our great Homeland Security--it's because he has chosen not to attack us.

I don't get why someone MUST provide an exit strategy just because they state that they want one. Is it really so bad for her to say that she wants our soldiers to come home because she doesn't want other moms to suffer the way she has? Regardless of whether you agree with her emotions/feelings, she is entitled to state her opinion. I highly doubt anyone is expecting that she is capable of providing a realistic exit strategy, although you seem to.

aps said:
You're right. I do not know the entire history there. What's up with the condescending tone? Because I showed some validation to Cindy Sheehan's idea? Okaaaaaaaaay. Anyway, assuming your facts are correct, then I totally agree with you. Maybe Cindy doesn't have the facts either. lol

I'm not saying that we should pack our bags NOW. I think we should pick a date that we plan to leave, because it's good for morale to work towards a goal. That doesn't mean we pack our bags on that date--it is merely a goal. But in order for the Iraqis to learn to defend themselves, I think they need to know when that date may come and work towards it. Right now there is little incentive for them.

BTW, why do we care what bin Laden thinks of us? Oh, because he may attack again? Trust me, that man is going to come after us again whether we stay the course in Iraq or not. We haven't been attacked because of our great Homeland Security--it's because he has chosen not to attack us.

I don't get why someone MUST provide an exit strategy just because they state that they want one. Is it really so bad for her to say that she wants our soldiers to come home because she doesn't want other moms to suffer the way she has? Regardless of whether you agree with her emotions/feelings, she is entitled to state her opinion. I highly doubt anyone is expecting that she is capable of providing a realistic exit strategy, although you seem to.

She's entitled to her opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion just like everyone has an a-hole. But it would be helpful to know her strategy to fight terrorism. Bush claims he has one. Have you been briefed at the highest level what our war strategy is? I know I wasn't. Sheehan has become a public spectacle; and if I might add, an embarrassing one that gives great aid and comfort to the terrorists. They are eating this stuff up because they see that this is a wedge between Americans.

There is an old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Get my drift?

aps said:
Agreed that there is a danger of Iraq becoming dependent on us. In that case they would become a permanent drag on us and sink into decadence as France and Germany have done. (BTW, what is our exit strategy for Germany, Japan, Korea....?)

We have a goal (an independent Iraq governed by common consent of its citizens), and we have a strategy to achieve it (the Iraqis have agreed on a framework to create a government, they have had interim elections, the elected people have proposed a constitution, elections to accept or reject the constitution are scheduled, and elections for a permanent government based on that constitution are planned). We are also training an Iraqi security infrastructure, the most difficult aspect of which is training a competent officer corps, which is making good progress in being able to operate on their own. What we do not have is a date certain for our departure, because that requires a crystal ball and a lot of imagination - not a sensible approach. And it would be nonsensical to announce that date to the world, particularly the opposition.

aps said:

Now I dont agree with or like Sheehan in the least, but I do love and defend her right to speak out/demonstrate/protest anything she damn well pleases. And all this talk about "what is General Sheehan's plan" is nothing but a smoke screen to the cons will use to further discredit her. There is no reason for her to have a plan for withdrawal...thats the military's job when/if they decide to take that action. Cindy's job as an American is to exercise her right to assemble peacefully, speak out against what she perceives as an injustice, and to be a grieving mom. All of these things she has done with a passion that few on the far right will ever know. It is that passionate disposition toward making a change that the cons try to discredit her for. Yet its that same passion that will allow leftist libs to take advantage of her cause.

Missouri Mule said:
She's entitled to her opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion just like everyone has an a-hole. But it would be helpful to know her strategy to fight terrorism. Bush claims he has one. Have you been briefed at the highest level what our war strategy is? I know I wasn't. Sheehan has become a public spectacle; and if I might add, an embarrassing one that gives great aid and comfort to the terrorists. They are eating this stuff up because they see that this is a wedge between Americans.

There is an old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Get my drift?

Yawn. You're obnoxious.

Diogenes said:
What we do not have is a date certain for our departure, because that requires a crystal ball and a lot of imagination - not a sensible approach. And it would be nonsensical to announce that date to the world, particularly the opposition.

So when did I say that the date chosen would be the final date we would remain there?

This is what I said: That doesn't mean we pack our bags on that date--it is merely a goal.

Do you think using a date as a GOAL is nonsensical?

jallman said:
Now I dont agree with or like Sheehan in the least, but I do love and defend her right to speak out/demonstrate/protest anything she damn well pleases. And all this talk about "what is General Sheehan's plan" is nothing but a smoke screen to the cons will use to further discredit her. There is no reason for her to have a plan for withdrawal...thats the military's job when/if they decide to take that action. Cindy's job as an American is to exercise her right to assemble peacefully, speak out against what she perceives as an injustice, and to be a grieving mom. All of these things she has done with a passion that few on the far right will ever know. It is that passionate disposition toward making a change that the cons try to discredit her for. Yet its that same passion that will allow leftist libs to take advantage of her cause.

Jallman, I like you. :cool:

jallman said:

And I suppose you also agreed with Toyko Rose and Axis Sally too? Would I be wrong?

aps said:
Yawn. You're obnoxious.

Obnoxious? You don't know the meaning of obnoxious. You can't stand the truth. It is right in front of your face. Taliban Cindy is giving aid and comfort to our enemies who are murdering our troops and innocent Iraqis. Is this who you want to associate with?

Navy Pride said:

She is not an old bag, she is a mother who lost a son because of a President's lie to the American public.

If you lost your life in this disgusting, unnecessary war and your mother wanted some answers, would you like your mother to be called an old bag?

Think about it.

Old and wise said:
She is not an old bag, she is a mother who lost a son because of a President's lie to the American public.

If you lost your life in this disgusting, unnecessary war and your mother wanted some answers, would you like your mother to be called an old bag?

Think about it.

Ok, she's an ugly old skank.

Missouri Mule said:
And I suppose you also agreed with Toyko Rose and Axis Sally too? Would I be wrong?

here is another one who cant read. I said if you would read your own conveniently highlighted section of my earlier post...I dont agree with/like sheehan in the least.

And for my own knowledge, who are tokyo rose and axis sally?

aps said:
Jallman, I like you. :cool:

well you are in a very exclusive club. I catch it from both sides...but lately there have just been a few more obnoxious cons than obnoxious libs...must be in the water or something.

jallman said:
here is another one who cant read. I said if you would read your own conveniently highlighted section of my earlier post...I dont agree with/like sheehan in the least.

And for my own knowledge, who are tokyo rose and axis sally?

Oh my goodness. Just do a Google. What do they teach in school today? Is it all hate America history? Good grief.

Axis Sally

American-born Axis Sally made propaganda broadcasts for Radio Berlin in Hitler's Germany.

By Dale P. Harper for World War II Magazine...

http://womenshistory.about.com/library/prm/blaxissally1.htm

Missouri Mule said:
Oh my goodness. Just do a Google. What do they teach in school today? Is it all hate America history? Good grief.

Axis Sally

American-born Axis Sally made propaganda broadcasts for Radio Berlin in Hitler's Germany.

By Dale P. Harper for World War II Magazine...

http://womenshistory.about.com/library/prm/blaxissally1.htm

now I just approached you for knowledge and you made a complete ass of yourself with that remark. but thank you for the link all the same. Truthfully, I didnt know if they were just some names you made up like Taliban Cindy or not. Now, I can say after reading the article...though I have no agreement with her, if she lived in the us and wanted to spout such nonsense now, it would be her right. Fortunately, the majority (I do have to recognize, with deep regret, that there is a nazi party) of americans would take her for what she is, a nut. But, there is no law against lunacy as far as I know.

That being said...I ask again...did you bother to read the post you originally replied to...or are we going to just gloss over that transgression?

Back
Top Bottom