• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy Has Right To Be Angry

The point is this.

Cindy lost her son in a war that she (among many americans) didn't agree with.
Yes, of course she has a right to be angry and speak out about it, thats why we have freedom in america.

But, at the same time, you have the right to speak your opinion of her actions, because you have the right to do so, am I going to judge you if you don't agree with them? No... because you have the right.

So why are we even discussing this?

Let me tell you morans something. Right now Cindy can't give you the answer of 2+2=?. I had to draw out two normally closed devises in series. That's what happens when your child dies. When my son died I fortunately made a conscious decision to make no decisions about anything because I knew I was nuts. But then my brain is massive. Hers is not. Took me two years to realize the answer was 4. Yea, it's just like that. I wouldn't wish that pain on Hitler. Ignore her. She's hurting. But she's too stupid to know such. Just leave her the fuc*k alone.

Anyone got something smart to say?

I will only entertain posts of those in the know.

teacher said:
Let me tell you morans something. Right now Cindy can't give you the answer of 2+2=?. I had to draw out two normally closed devises in series. That's what happens when your child dies. When my son died I fortunately made a conscious decision to make no decisions about anything because I knew I was nuts. But then my brain is massive. Hers is not. Took me two years to realize the answer was 4. Yea, it's just like that. I wouldn't wish that pain on Hitler. Ignore her. She's hurting. But she's too stupid to know such. Just leave her the fuc*k alone.

Anyone got something smart to say?

I will only entertain posts of those in the know.

I don't think she is too stupid to know, I just think that the media coverage she started to recieve and the people who started following her as some sort of a "leader" turned her into a monster. Since I don't see the media coverage of her slowing down even after the two hurricanes that have taken up 90% of national news coverage (I'm sick of watching news of each individual home destroyed, its stupid), I think we are going to see alot more from her in the future.

jallman said:
well you are in a very exclusive club. I catch it from both sides...but lately there have just been a few more obnoxious cons than obnoxious libs...must be in the water or something.

It's in the water heh heh heh.

Re:

SKILMATIC said:
Of course she does. Shes in jail with her son 6 ft under. I would be mad too.

Jail would be the least of my worries if I lost a family member. I could give two cents about being in jail when it comes to my family, especially if they were lost so senselessly. You seem to really believe in this war. Why don't you volunteer and go fight on the front lines?

Re:

TimmyBoy said:
Jail would be the least of my worries if I lost a family member. I could give two cents about being in jail when it comes to my family.

You would worry about being in jail if your family needed help and youwere stuck in a 5by5 cell. :lol:

Re:

SKILMATIC said:
You would worry about being in jail if your family needed help and youwere stuck in a 5by5 cell. :lol:

Dude, they would have a fight on their hands taking me to jail too. Trust me. People don't think rationally when they lose loved ones. Just like when some marines had to flee a father who lost a son in Iraq because he went ape-****.

I wouldn't be going out breaking the law. But if some cop got in face and started making threats towards me just to show off just after losing a family member, I think it's safe to say I would be going to jail and be getting charged with assaulting a police officer. If it had been any other scenario where I didn't lose a loved one, I would just file a complaint on the cop and have internal affairs investigate him.

TimmyBoy said:
I wouldn't be going out breaking the law. But if some cop got in face and started making threats towards me just to show off just after losing a family member, I think it's safe to say I would be going to jail and be getting charged with assaulting a police officer. If it had been any other scenario where I didn't lose a loved one, I would just file a complaint on the cop and have internal affairs investigate him.

Ok well this is all understandable but it doesnt make it right. I understand people dont think when somehting like that happens but thats why you will pay the consequesnces regardless. The law makes no provisions on people having bad days.

jallman said:
now I just approached you for knowledge and you made a complete ass of yourself with that remark. but thank you for the link all the same. Truthfully, I didnt know if they were just some names you made up like Taliban Cindy or not. Now, I can say after reading the article...though I have no agreement with her, if she lived in the us and wanted to spout such nonsense now, it would be her right. Fortunately, the majority (I do have to recognize, with deep regret, that there is a nazi party) of americans would take her for what she is, a nut. But, there is no law against lunacy as far as I know.

That being said...I ask again...did you bother to read the post you originally replied to...or are we going to just gloss over that transgression?

I made an ass out of myself by speaking the truth? Cindy might as well be be bin Laden's mouthpiece here in the U.S. And you find that hard to comprehend, evidently. Perhaps we ought to refer to her as bin Laden's concubine? Now is that better?

She is a certifiable left-wing wacko and deserves all of the scorn real Americans can heap on her. I don't give a hoot about her loss anymore. She used up all of that sympathy a long time ago because she is now costing the lives of Americans over in Iraq and Afghanistan where we had every right to be regardless of one's views about Iraq. She can go to blazes as far as I am concerned.

Missouri Mule said:
I made an ass out of myself by speaking the truth? Cindy might as well be be bin Laden's mouthpiece here in the U.S. And you find that hard to comprehend, evidently. Perhaps we ought to refer to her as bin Laden's concubine? Now is that better?

She is a certifiable left-wing wacko and deserves all of the scorn real Americans can heap on her. I don't give a hoot about her loss anymore. She used up all of that sympathy a long time ago because she is now costing the lives of Americans over in Iraq and Afghanistan where we had every right to be regardless of one's views about Iraq. She can go to blazes as far as I am concerned.

Umm...Bin Laden's mouthpeice? If anything he WANTS us to continue the war so that more and more american's can be in a situation to get thier asses blown off.

Secondly, HOW THE **** is she costing the lives of Americans in Iraq and Afganistan? How is her dislike for the war and protest of it causing American's to die? Are they dying from Heart Attacks when they watch the show? what? Internal Combustion?

Missouri Mule said:

You know, I would love to meet just ONE far right conservative who can not only READ but COMPREHEND what they read also. You made an ass out of yourself with your assinine retort to my request for information. But thanks for taking this opportunity to slam a grieving mother again. As I said before, I dont agree with her and I personally think she is a little grief-mad but I still must defend her right to protest because she is an American. And if you dont like the loon, dont watch anything about her...but that would make just a little too much sense for a thick skulled conservative to handle.

jallman said:
All of these things she has done with a passion that few on the far right will ever know. It is that passionate disposition toward making a change that the cons try to discredit her for.
And how would the left respond to such passion from a person on the right - Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell, for instance?

And for my own knowledge, who are tokyo rose and axis sally?
Uh oh. Those who do not know their history are condemned to repeat it. Please stand back and let informed adults take care of the situation.

aps said:
So when did I say that the date chosen would be the final date we would remain there?

This is what I said: That doesn't mean we pack our bags on that date--it is merely a goal.

Do you think using a date as a GOAL is nonsensical?
The problem is that a "goal" is treated as a definite cross-my-heart promise by the appeasers, and any delay is touted as a broken promise and/or a lie. As an example, I refer you to nonsensical chorus of "Bush lied!"

Old and wise said:
She is not an old bag, she is a mother who lost a son because of a President's lie to the American public.
Casey enlisted voluntarily, and re-enlisted after being in Iraq. He was an adult making an informed decision based on his personal experience and observations. If his decision is not the same one as his mother would have made, Cindy should re-examine her own parenting skills and not make wild accusations about how it's all someone else's fault.

Note to aps: See what I mean?

Diogenes said:
And how would the left respond to such passion from a person on the right - Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell, for instance?

Uh oh. Those who do not know their history are condemned to repeat it. Please stand back and let informed adults take care of the situation.

Well now, here is another neocon half wit without sense enough to read an entire post before flapping his/her jaws. Would you care to finish the quote or would you like to continue wading in your own partisan BS?

And interesting choice of examples from the right...you chose the most insane example and the most dogmatically unwaivering example to hold up against a grief-stricken mother. Let me say this one more time...Cindy Sheehan is not all there, but that gives no right to be cruel to her or to belittle her right to take some action to mollify her grief.

And as for history...obscure trivia does not reflect one's knowledge. Around here, we call people who use obscure trivia to make themselves look smart pseudo-intellectuals. However, I think neocon is starting to look like a better fit for that definition.

Cindy has every right to protest, her son died to help protect those rights. What she does maybe seen by many as crazy, or whatever, but personal attacks on her will get them no where. The only reason a lot of folks are focused on her (both sides included here) is because of the focus she is receiving, it is all feeding on it’s self. Let the woman protest, she is hurting no one. Let her be crazy, grief has a way of causing this. If you don’t like her message then don’t listen, if you do then speak up. Why should someone be more concerned about her then any other, because of her publicity attracting abilities? If you don’t like her and want her to go away then you have to begin with ignoring her message and the people using her to spread their message will cease as soon as interest dries up. But for gods sake respect the woman’s right to grieve and be crazy, let her protest until she is satisfied, if in doing so she is disgracing her sons name then just remember it is her son not yours.

gdalton said:
Cindy has every right to protest, her son died to help protect those rights. What she does maybe seen by many as crazy, or whatever, but personal attacks on her will get them no where. The only reason a lot of folks are focused on her (both sides included here) is because of the focus she is receiving, it is all feeding on it’s self. Let the woman protest, she is hurting no one. Let her be crazy, grief has a way of causing this. If you don’t like her message then don’t listen, if you do then speak up. Why should someone be more concerned about her then any other, because of her publicity attracting abilities? If you don’t like her and want her to go away then you have to begin with ignoring her message and the people using her to spread their message will cease as soon as interest dries up. But for gods sake respect the woman’s right to grieve and be crazy, let her protest until she is satisfied, if in doing so she is disgracing her sons name then just remember it is her son not yours.

Thank you. Very well stated.

Caine said:
Umm...Bin Laden's mouthpeice? If anything he WANTS us to continue the war so that more and more american's can be in a situation to get thier asses blown off.

Secondly, HOW THE **** is she costing the lives of Americans in Iraq and Afganistan? How is her dislike for the war and protest of it causing American's to die? Are they dying from Heart Attacks when they watch the show? what? Internal Combustion?

She is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. This is called TREASON! Get it?

Section 2381. Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war
against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and
comfort within the United States or elsewhere
, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/18/parts/i/chapters/115/sections/section_2381.html

jallman said:
You know, I would love to meet just ONE far right conservative who can not only READ but COMPREHEND what they read also. You made an ass out of yourself with your assinine retort to my request for information. But thanks for taking this opportunity to slam a grieving mother again. As I said before, I dont agree with her and I personally think she is a little grief-mad but I still must defend her right to protest because she is an American. And if you dont like the loon, dont watch anything about her...but that would make just a little too much sense for a thick skulled conservative to handle.

Look fella, you have your panties all in a wad because I choose to disagree with you and call Sheehan for what she is. She is a traitor to this nation who is providing aid and comfort to our enemies. If you can't see that and reduce every argument to a name calling contest, I'll happily oblige you. Gor for it.

Missouri Mule said:
Look fella, you have your panties all in a wad because I choose to disagree with you and call Sheehan for what she is. She is a traitor to this nation who is providing aid and comfort to our enemies. If you can't see that and reduce every argument to a name calling contest, I'll happily oblige you. Gor for it.

I dont have any interest in having a yelling match with a rock. I defend your right to disagree...but in a true neocon fashion, you "politely" glossed over the source of my offense which was the way you responded to my request for information. Jesus, you are the one always spouting that education went downhill somewhere...didnt they teach you guys to comprehend anything you read back then?

I have said consistently that I have no agreement with Sheehan or what she is doing. I just cant condone limiting her right to protest. Thats un-American, sport. And calling her a traitor...now thats neocon over embellishment at its best. Giving comfort and aid to our enemies? How many of these cave dwelling insurgents know who she is or what she is doing? Sorry, I dont buy it and I find it hard to believe any thinking American would.

You guys are a joke. You pick your target du jour, smear them, assasinate their character, and when someone brings a fight right to your doorstep, you take this pretention of moral superiority that is foppish and silly. And whats more pathetic is this time you have chosen a grieving mother to be the target of your embittered cynicism. Its everything thats wrong with the conservative idealogy today.

I think the true reason many republicans do not like Cindy, is simply because she is using their own tactics against them.

It's ok for republicans to play dirty, but when someone else does it, against them, they can't take it.

jallman said:
I dont have any interest in having a yelling match with a rock. I defend your right to disagree...but in a true neocon fashion, you "politely" glossed over the source of my offense which was the way you responded to my request for information. Jesus, you are the one always spouting that education went downhill somewhere...didnt they teach you guys to comprehend anything you read back then?

I have said consistently that I have no agreement with Sheehan or what she is doing. I just cant condone limiting her right to protest. Thats un-American, sport. And calling her a traitor...now thats neocon over embellishment at its best. Giving comfort and aid to our enemies? How many of these cave dwelling insurgents know who she is or what she is doing? Sorry, I dont buy it and I find it hard to believe any thinking American would.

You guys are a joke. You pick your target du jour, smear them, assasinate their character, and when someone brings a fight right to your doorstep, you take this pretention of moral superiority that is foppish and silly. And whats more pathetic is this time you have chosen a grieving mother to be the target of your embittered cynicism. Its everything thats wrong with the conservative idealogy today.

Aren't you the same character that didn't even know who Axis Sally and Toyko Rose were? And you've got the gall to lecture me about conservative ideology. Conservative ideology relies on facts and known history. Liberals, by and large, are completely ignorant of history and every day they wake up it is a new world. Am I wrong?

BTW, it is certainly not un-American to assail one who is committing treason. It is part of the federal statutes and it ought to apply to Sheehan. She really belongs behind bars and not out in the public giving aid and comfort to the terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Missouri Mule said:
Aren't you the same character that didn't even know who Axis Sally and Toyko Rose were? And you've got the gall to lecture me about conservative ideology. Conservative ideology relies on facts and known history. Liberals, by and large, are completely ignorant of history and every day they wake up it is a new world. Am I wrong?

BTW, it is certainly not un-American to assail one who is committing treason. It is part of the federal statutes and it ought to apply to Sheehan. She really belongs behind bars and not out in the public giving aid and comfort to the terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Hey MM, How you doing? Jallman is a wanna be Conservative..Problem is he only has liberal views......:lol: talk bout mixed up........

Hoot said:
I think the true reason many republicans do not like Cindy, is simply because she is using their own tactics against them.

It's ok for republicans to play dirty, but when someone else does it, against them, they can't take it.

Did you know that Cindy spoke in behalf of a convicted terrorist at San Francisco State in april? Probably not...........:roll:

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

Missouri Mule said:

See, there is no point to this. First, you are starting under the false assumption that she is committing treason. I am working under the reality that she is exercising her 1st amendment right...let me quote since you obviously dont know what that is...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I dont see how she can be committing treason and exercising her American right to petition her government for redress of grievances, assemble peacefully, and freedom of speech. You dont have to agree with her, but you do have to allow her to exercise her rights.

And lets not call it gall to lecture you concerning idealogy. Let say your arrogance and neocon bark dont intimidate or impress me, big boy. I mean, come on, how intimidated can I be of some old man who picks on little grieving mothers for sport? And my lack of knowledge concerning Tokyo Rose (or whatever other obscure trivia you have in your intellectual arsenal) speaks not one iota against me. But, when asked for information, your arrogance and hostility in disseminating that information speaks volumes of you. You are the older generation, supposedly the ones who should be guiding and teaching the younger generation. Instead, you acted like an infantile ass. So if any of these kids who come in here lose perspective and never learn any history or its lessons...well we have ones such as you to thank for that dont we?

Back
Top Bottom