• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy!!!

While Cindy is definitely the center of this thread I think the other two points are far more important considering she is like a rooted plant in the offices of MoveOn.org.

Hillary Clinton has granted her a private meeting even though she has read some of the idiotic statements Cindy has made. "Occupied New Orleans"? Hillary wants to be president and will need lots of red folks to achieve that. She has been hard at work making statements on support of the War in Iraq. Now she will meet with Cindy Sheehan? I don't care how you look at it but you have to look at it politically - what a stupid move.

Same for Democrat John McCain. He tells the media in Arizona that as President he wouldn't meet with her and also states that he thinks the far left liberal ultras are using her. What the heck is he doing meeting with her then? What a stupid move.

Republicans and Democrats don't surprise me anymore. They are so worried about power that they don't care what you or I think anyway.
:duel :cool:

gordontravels said:
While Cindy is definitely the center of this thread I think the other two points are far more important considering she is like a rooted plant in the offices of MoveOn.org.

Hillary Clinton has granted her a private meeting even though she has read some of the idiotic statements Cindy has made. "Occupied New Orleans"? Hillary wants to be president and will need lots of red folks to achieve that. She has been hard at work making statements on support of the War in Iraq. Now she will meet with Cindy Sheehan? I don't care how you look at it but you have to look at it politically - what a stupid move.

Same for Democrat John McCain. He tells the media in Arizona that as President he wouldn't meet with her and also states that he thinks the far left liberal ultras are using her. What the heck is he doing meeting with her then? What a stupid move.

Republicans and Democrats don't surprise me anymore. They are so worried about power that they don't care what you or I think anyway.

This seems a bit contradictory. If all they're worried about is power, then why would they both make such a politically stupid move? Could it be it isn't as stupid as it seems?

If you represent a very large number of people (the majority of Americans? Beside the point.), then you've earned yourself a place at the table whether the person meeting with you agrees on every point or not.

Bleeding Heart said:
This seems a bit contradictory. If all they're worried about is power, then why would they both make such a politically stupid move? Could it be it isn't as stupid as it seems?

If you represent a very large number of people (the majority of Americans? Beside the point.), then you've earned yourself a place at the table whether the person meeting with you agrees on every point or not.

No I think it's quite stupid. Read Cindy? Her New Orleans comment only proves how out of touch with reality she is no matter what other comments may be and most of them border on much less than intelligent.

When you have someone like this that is being used (she couldn't afford the bus herself) then you invite more controversy, just what a veteran politician doesn't want but... it appears that Democrat Senator Hillary Clinton and Democrat Senator John McCain are wanting to court the minority left wing ultra liberal radicals at the possible expense of votes down the center.

Face it, this isn't the first time politicians have made stupid moves.

DeeJayH said:
she does not merit my attention
i feel bad for her, and her loss
but her son volunteered, not once but twice

the liberal media has turned this womens tragedy into a circus freak show

Her son was a niave boy who didn't know anything about the world. The world preyed on his niavity and he was killed for it. You should feel bad for the kid and the way he got wasted.

Calm2Chaos said:
How about we just staple that stupid bitches mouth shut. :2razz:

When she sacrifices something for this country then I might be able to at least listen to what she has to say
You mean like sacrifice her son?

But I do agree with you, she needs a big, hot steaming cup of STFU.

TimmyBoy said:
Her son was a niave boy who didn't know anything about the world. The world preyed on his niavity and he was killed for it. You should feel bad for the kid and the way he got wasted.

How can you possibly know how her son felt? All we know is he loved the Marine Corps and was proud to be defending his country..So proud that he re enlisted in the Marine Corps while in Iraq............

shuamort said:

Hey mark down the time, we agree on this one..........I heard she had a rally in DC over the weekend and the only people from congress that attended were to far left types Conyers and Jackson............

All the dems in Congress have distanced themselves from her............

Navy Pride said:
How can you possibly know how her son felt? All we know is he loved the Marine Corps and was proud to be defending his country..So proud that he re enlisted in the Marine Corps while in Iraq............

I don't know how her son felt, but that doesn't change the fact that he was terribly niave.

TimmyBoy said:
I don't know how her son felt, but that doesn't change the fact that he was terribly niave.

What are you basing that on? Are you saying that all the men and women that join the military are naive?

TimmyBoy said:

You dishonor her son with your words. After the training he went through he was no naive boy. He was a man doing what he could in service for his country. That you would even think he knew nothing about the world blankets the youth of this country as some kind of sheep. That is not what our military is about or for.

Popular term - wasted. You may mean wasted as in killed. You may mean wasted as in killed while in the military doing his duty. I assure you that this young man did and was doing what he believed in. He re-enlisted in the military while on his first tour in Iraq. He knew he would go back and he had written members of his family of the good he thought we were doing there. He died honorably for a cause he believed in and you dishonor him and those still there - those "naive boys".

I'd like to hear of your military service with your certain assessment of our "boys". If you have none then, you are the one that is naive.

Navy Pride said:
What are you basing that on? Are you saying that all the men and women that join the military are naive?

No, I am not saying that. Some people join the military because they don't have any other economic alternative and know how crooked politicans are and how they will sacrafice innocent lives needlessly. They just have to join up because nothing better is available, or they join up to get the college cash. Others join up, because they simply don't know any better.

gordontravels said:
You dishonor her son with your words. After the training he went through he was no naive boy. He was a man doing what he could in service for his country. That you would even think he knew nothing about the world blankets the youth of this country as some kind of sheep. That is not what our military is about or for.

Popular term - wasted. You may mean wasted as in killed. You may mean wasted as in killed while in the military doing his duty. I assure you that this young man did and was doing what he believed in. He re-enlisted in the military while on his first tour in Iraq. He knew he would go back and he had written members of his family of the good he thought we were doing there. He died honorably for a cause he believed in and you dishonor him and those still there - those "naive boys".

I'd like to hear of your military service with your certain assessment of our "boys". If you have none then, you are the one that is naive.

Ahh yeah, the training he won't through. Brainwash him, teach him to obey and to follow the government line, no matter how right or wrong that maybe. He niavely trusted our leaders and our leaders betrayed him and it costed him his life.

TimmyBoy said:
Ahh yeah, the training he won't through. Brainwash him, teach him to obey and to follow the government line, no matter how right or wrong that maybe. He niavely trusted our leaders and our leaders betrayed him and it costed him his life.

I went through that training. You are so naive to think that millions of men can be brainwashed? You are so naive it drips. Our country is free because of our strength but you don't understand that. No matter how right or wrong you don't understand that. Nothing about that young man was naive and you have nothing to show that he was but I know he wasn't; simply because of that training he went through that you so distain.

Our leaders are still pursuing just what our congress and the U.N. approved. Contrast that with the Democrat President and his Secretary of State that was pure mush for brains. They told us we would win and when we were committed they turned their backs on us with the mush for brains Democrat Secretary of State sitting in front of Congress saying he could no longer support the war. The war he said we could win. The war he advised his President to pursue. The war they sent me to.

You haven't a clue about honor and country. You are too well fed and able to come here and abuse your freedom of speech. Still when they brainwashed me I knew I would lay down my life so you could do just that. Just don't dishonor this fine young man who died doing what he chose. You dishonor yourself.

gordontravels said:
I went through that training. You are so naive to think that millions of men can be brainwashed? You are so naive it drips. Our country is free because of our strength but you don't understand that. No matter how right or wrong you don't understand that. Nothing about that young man was naive and you have nothing to show that he was but I know he wasn't; simply because of that training he went through that you so distain.

Our leaders are still pursuing just what our congress and the U.N. approved. Contrast that with the Democrat President and his Secretary of State that was pure mush for brains. They told us we would win and when we were committed they turned their backs on us with the mush for brains Democrat Secretary of State sitting in front of Congress saying he could no longer support the war. The war he said we could win. The war he advised his President to pursue. The war they sent me to.

You haven't a clue about honor and country. You are too well fed and able to come here and abuse your freedom of speech. Still when they brainwashed me I knew I would lay down my life so you could do just that. Just don't dishonor this fine young man who died doing what he chose. You dishonor yourself.

Call it what you like. Duty, honor and country is a sham. Patriotism is a sham. I am former military myself, served overseas in Bosnia and educated myself on the lies the US government told about that war. It was a cover up was no "Civil War." The US is in Iraq and Middle East for oil. What, you think those energy companies that put Bush into office put up all the money for good sound moral principles? Of course not. They did it because Bush was going to help them make more money. Why would I want to risk my life to make Enron rich? Why would I want to go and sacrafice my life to get some dictator we supported in the 80s? And why would I want to risk my life while Bush and his kids are safe and sound and sleep well at night while others get blasted to bits. That doesn't mean I don't think some things are worth fighting for. I am willing to lay down my life for my family and a very few select friends, but that is about it. I have been used as a pawn for politicans while serving in the military and do not wish to put myself in that position again. Anybody fool enough to volunteer for combat is somebody I would not want in my squad. I would rather take a draftee who is clean from drugs who did not volunteer for combat in my squad because at least he is intelligent enough not to volunteer. He would be better for the survival of the squad and myself.

How can you possibly know what he felt?

My guess though is that he probably felt guilty. He was probably proud also though but still he is dead now and I'm not really sure exactly why he's dead.

ah well. . .war sucks.

I don't care whether you agree or disagree with why we are in Iraq but I think we can all agree war is not exactly a glorious thing as its portrayed in hollywood.

TimmyBoy said:
Call it what you like. Duty, honor and country is a sham. Patriotism is a sham. I am former military myself, served overseas in Bosnia and educated myself on the lies the US government told about that war. It was a cover up was no "Civil War." The US is in Iraq and Middle East for oil. What, you think those energy companies that put Bush into office put up all the money for good sound moral principles? Of course not. They did it because Bush was going to help them make more money. Why would I want to risk my life to make Enron rich? Why would I want to go and sacrafice my life to get some dictator we supported in the 80s? And why would I want to risk my life while Bush and his kids are safe and sound and sleep well at night while others get blasted to bits. That doesn't mean I don't think some things are worth fighting for. I am willing to lay down my life for my family and a very few select friends, but that is about it. I have been used as a pawn for politicans while serving in the military and do not wish to put myself in that position again. Anybody fool enough to volunteer for combat is somebody I would not want in my squad. I would rather take a draftee who is clean from drugs who did not volunteer for combat in my squad because at least he is intelligent enough not to volunteer. He would be better for the survival of the squad and myself.

Well TimmyBoy? Having read what you really think I will spare you any debate now or in the future. Why should we waste our time. I debate here with some who are flaming liberals or dyed-in-the-wool conservatives but debate with them is at the least, worth it. You? Sorry, but you would truly be a waste of time. I don't deal with those this deep in hate.

If you respond, no matter what you say because you've already shown who you are; don't expect me to reply. I know I'm not your kind of guy no matter what. I choose to build and not blame. I hope you grow to understand your world somewhat better than you do for the sake of your neighbors and maybe friends. I wish you well.

FinnMacCool said:
How can you possibly know what he felt?

My guess though is that he probably felt guilty. He was probably proud also though but still he is dead now and I'm not really sure exactly why he's dead.

ah well. . .war sucks.

I don't care whether you agree or disagree with why we are in Iraq but I think we can all agree war is not exactly a glorious thing as its portrayed in hollywood.

As far as what he felt? His letters to members of his family; grandparents included were reported although barely by the media and only for a few days. The media sided with Cindy instead of reporting which is their job. His grandparents and other aunts, uncles and cousins made it clear he was proud to be doing what he was doing using his letters to them as the reasons for those conclusions. He stressed, according to his letters, that he felt proud because of what we were doing for the Iraqi people. He was a man of honor being true to his oath.

I am former military and understanding what the committment is to take the military oath for my country. Because of my own experiences understanding committment his death is simple for me to understand but hard to forget. He is dead because he was killed in the line of duty just as I almost was and while he was doing his duty. Many, and I mean many of my fellow troops were killed. It was one of my jobs to bring them in. When you actually see men giving their lives in your own eyes in those kind of numbers it can turn you one of many ways. For me it showed me honor for those who gave the ultimate and for myself for my deep belief that they didn't die in vain. I'll not talk the politics of my war here.

I agree with you completely on this item; war sucks.

TimmyBoy said:
No, I am not saying that. Some people join the military because they don't have any other economic alternative and know how crooked politicans are and how they will sacrafice innocent lives needlessly. They just have to join up because nothing better is available, or they join up to get the college cash. Others join up, because they simply don't know any better.

Well acording to his family that was not the case with him...........You seem to be a very bitter young man without a clue........I feel sorry for you.....

TimmyBoy said:

Her son was a soldier, volunteered to be where he was. And he was killed by murdering animal terrorist. He made the sacrifice, and his mother spits on it IMO

shuamort said:

She didn't sacrifice her son. This false stage of her nobile sacrifice is crap. She didn't sacrifice him. He was a grown man who made a decsion. She didn't give him the Okay to go to Iraq, that was his job. She lost a son, she sacrificed his honor

Last edited:
Calm2Chaos said:
She didn't sacrifice her son. This false stage of her nobile sacrifice is crap. She didn't sacrifice him. He was a grown man who made a decsion. She didn't give him the Okay to go to Iraq, that was his job. She lost a son, she sacrificed his honor

Their is no honor in death.

TimmyBoy said:
Their is no honor in death.

Guess thats a matter of opinion. Every soldier that has died to keep our country safe and or people free have honor and should be honored.

Calm2Chaos said:
Guess thats a matter of opinion. Every soldier that has died to keep our country safe and or people free have honor and should be honored.

How do soldiers keep us safe when (1) we were never threatened by Iraq/Saddam Hussein prior to our invasion, and thus our safety was not at stake with respect to that country, and (2) we are less safe now than when we invaded Iraq?

Also, how was our freedom threatened prior to this war that our soldiers need to fight for it?

I don't believe that Cindy Sheehan has ever stated she speaks for her son, rather, she has stated that her protest is a result of her feelings about the war and how she feels.

aps said:
How do soldiers keep us safe when (1) we were never threatened by Iraq/Saddam Hussein prior to our invasion, and thus our safety was not at stake with respect to that country, and (2) we are less safe now than when we invaded Iraq?

(1) I said "EVERY" soldier. So as much as you might like to think this country and your rightsand freedoms were just handed to you, this is not the case. Men and woman have died for this country it's rights it freedoms it's safety. There is no arguing this point. Saddam and Iraq help fund bombers ad there families. He allowed safe passage and safe haven to terrorist and there training camps. Terrorist are a threat so are the people and countries that aide and assist them. Is iraq the only one ...NO. We should be kicking the shitt out of syria if you ask me. So yes the assistance to terror organizations threatend the safety of this country not to mention other countries throughout the world.

(2) There has not been a single terrorist attack on this country since the war started. I have no doubt there will be at some time since we are not allowed to perform meaningful security or border/imigration checks. But I feel safe as can be expected, specially knowing you have a large number of animals with C4 straped to their chest looking for innocent children and civilians to kill.
aps said:
Also, how was our freedom threatened prior to this war that our soldiers need to fight for it?

Let me try understand the meaning of this question. What it seems to me your implying is that unless it comes right to our borders it's not a threat? **i'm just trying to read between the lines** (Pearl Harbor). That the take over of Europe by hitler wouldn't have been a threat to our security? It would seem that your definition of threat is very very limited. Threat to our allies also constitute threats to us.

aps said:
I don't believe that Cindy Sheehan has ever stated she speaks for her son, rather, she has stated that her protest is a result of her feelings about the war and how she feels.

Don't think I ever claimed that she did say she speaks for her son. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't, at least now it is anyway. She is the polar oppisite it would seem to her son now. She didn't seem to feel that way in the begining when she met with the president the first time. Or was it moveon.org, MM and those guys that got the puppet mad? She is an embarassment to this country in my opinion. I have no problem with her protesting the war. Hell it's easier to complain about something then to stand up to something. But thats the right's afforded her in this country. But to get on TV and make statement internationally that the president is terrorist and the terroist that killed her very son are just freedom fighter. She's giving moral aid, and fodder to people that target woman and children for murder.

Back
Top Bottom