• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy!!!

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Calm2Chaos said:
(1) I said "EVERY" soldier. So as much as you might like to think this country and your rightsand freedoms were just handed to you, this is not the case. Men and woman have died for this country it's rights it freedoms it's safety. There is no arguing this point. Saddam and Iraq help fund bombers ad there families. He allowed safe passage and safe haven to terrorist and there training camps. Terrorist are a threat so are the people and countries that aide and assist them. Is iraq the only one ...NO. We should be kicking the shitt out of syria if you ask me. So yes the assistance to terror organizations threatend the safety of this country not to mention other countries throughout the world.

Well, I don't believe that Iraq was a threat to us. Why were we obssessing about Iraq when it was Al Qaeda who attacked us on Sept. 11th? Afghanistan deserved to be invaded, and I fully supported that. We're so busy fighting insurgents in Iraq who were not even there at the time of our invasion that we have no soldiers to send to Afghanistan. Al Qaeda has killed thousands of our people. Why have we taken our eye off the ball?

(2) There has not been a single terrorist attack on this country since the war started. I have no doubt there will be at some time since we are not allowed to perform meaningful security or border/imigration checks. But I feel safe as can be expected, specially knowing you have a large number of animals with C4 straped to their chest looking for innocent children and civilians to kill.

We have not been attacked by terrorists because they have chosen not to attack us. Studies show that the screening they do in airports is just for appearance's sake. Look at what happened after Katrina. Yes, I know it was a natural disaster, but it is indicative of the lack of concern by Bush to appoint people who can actually do the job and have experience. The majority of Americans feel that we are less safe now, and we are. After all, we have lost almost 2000 soldiers and 14,000 soldiers have been injured.


Let me try understand the meaning of this question. What it seems to me your implying is that unless it comes right to our borders it's not a threat? **i'm just trying to read between the lines** (Pearl Harbor). That the take over of Europe by hitler wouldn't have been a threat to our security? It would seem that your definition of threat is very very limited. Threat to our allies also constitute threats to us.

We were not going to get involved in WWII except for the attack on Pearl Harbor. Sorry, but again, when did Iraq threaten us? Did they tell us that they were going to use WMDs on us or on their neighbors? I certainly do not recall ever hearing that kind of news.

Bush's whole reason for invading Iraq was that it was a threat to us and it had WMDs that could come in the form of a "mushroom cloud" *rolling eyes* Yeah right. Where were those alleged capabilities, George?

Don't think I ever claimed that she did say she speaks for her son. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't, at least now it is anyway. She is the polar oppisite it would seem to her son now. She didn't seem to feel that way in the begining when she met with the president the first time. Or was it moveon.org, MM and those guys that got the puppet mad? She is an embarassment to this country in my opinion. I have no problem with her protesting the war. Hell it's easier to complain about something then to stand up to something. But thats the right's afforded her in this country. But to get on TV and make statement internationally that the president is terrorist and the terroist that killed her very son are just freedom fighter. She's giving moral aid, and fodder to people that target woman and children for murder.

You nor I have any idea how her son felt. I have two friends, one who was in Iraq for one year and one who is going there in the very near future. Both of them do not support this war. So, it's not implausible that her son could have not supported the war. And don't tell me that if he did not support it, he could have refused to go. That's not the way it works. You can obey orders and not believe in them. It's like conservative judges having to uphold Roe v. Wade. They don't want to do it, but they have to.

So are people allowed to change their minds once they receive additional facts? Or once we make a decision, we have to abide by that decision no matter what? Ridiculous. At the time she saw Bush, she didn't know how bogus this war is. So she changed her mind. And I believe that Moore and Moveon did not get involved until after she started her grandstanding. I am disappointed in some of the things she has said and the fact that she has become affliated with Moore and Moveon, but I do appreciate her promoting awareness about this war, since we did not need to go there in the first place.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
Well, I don't believe that Iraq was a threat to us. Why were we obssessing about Iraq when it was Al Qaeda who attacked us on Sept. 11th? Afghanistan deserved to be invaded, and I fully supported that. We're so busy fighting insurgents in Iraq who were not even there at the time of our invasion that we have no soldiers to send to Afghanistan. Al Qaeda has killed thousands of our people. Why have we taken our eye off the ball?


Because Al Qaeda is not a state or nation. It is an organization that is propped up and supported by states and nations. Thus the only way to go after it, would seem to be go after it's supporters. Iraq was one of those supporters, as is syria and Suadia Arabia, ect ect ect.....


aps said:
We have not been attacked by terrorists because they have chosen not to attack us. Studies show that the screening they do in airports is just for appearance's sake. Look at what happened after Katrina. Yes, I know it was a natural disaster, but it is indicative of the lack of concern by Bush to appoint people who can actually do the job and have experience. The majority of Americans feel that we are less safe now, and we are. After all, we have lost almost 2000 soldiers and 14,000 soldiers have been injured.


Well the screening is a joke because we are not allowed to actually screen people. Lets frisk the little old lady, but don't touch the 6 arab men getting on the flight. We are more worried about hurting someones feelings then we are the right of the American citizens. I don't agree with your sumation concerning katrina. I don't thinkit was indicative of anything. I saw a one off natural disaster occur. Since this has never happened before I think it cought many people by surprise on the magnitude and the severity of the problem. The main failures in this disaster were not by appointee's but by electees. The mayor and governor were the front lines of failure in this disaster. I haven't seen the poll saing the majority of americans feel less safe



aps said:
We were not going to get involved in WWII except for the attack on Pearl Harbor. Sorry, but again, when did Iraq threaten us? Did they tell us that they were going to use WMDs on us or on their neighbors? I certainly do not recall ever hearing that kind of news.


The threat as I said is from the aid to those that will actually pull the trigger. There is no Terrorist country per say. You have to go after those that aid assist and harbor the killers within there borders. And Saddam was one of them. Yes there are more, and some that are more deserving.

aps said:
Bush's whole reason for invading Iraq was that it was a threat to us and it had WMDs that could come in the form of a "mushroom cloud" *rolling eyes* Yeah right. Where were those alleged capabilities, George?


It was with the WMD's that were found within Iraq. cnredd just put up a great thread about it if you would like to read it http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=4058


aps said:
You nor I have any idea how her son felt. I have two friends, one who was in Iraq for one year and one who is going there in the very near future. Both of them do not support this war. So, it's not implausible that her son could have not supported the war. And don't tell me that if he did not support it, he could have refused to go. That's not the way it works. You can obey orders and not believe in them. It's like conservative judges having to uphold Roe v. Wade. They don't want to do it, but they have to.

So are people allowed to change their minds once they receive additional facts? Or once we make a decision, we have to abide by that decision no matter what? Ridiculous. At the time she saw Bush, she didn't know how bogus this war is. So she changed her mind. And I believe that Moore and Moveon did not get involved until after she started her grandstanding. I am disappointed in some of the things she has said and the fact that she has become affliated with Moore and Moveon, but I do appreciate her promoting awareness about this war, since we did not need to go there in the first place.

My understanding of her son was that he was very proud of what he was doing in iraq. So much so that he reenlisted into the marines.

She has opted to affiliate herself with the like of code pink. Moveon and MM. Ya sleep with pigs ya wake up covered in ****. She looked to blame someone for her sons death. And instead of blaming those that killed him she listened to her new friends and blamed the president. Then turned around and essentially praised the terrorist that killed her son. Sorry ..... I got nothing for her
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
I haven't seen the poll saing the majority of americans feel less safe

Okay, Calm, here is a website for you to check out regarding what Americans think about Iraq: http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34313

41% Isn't the majority or is it most of americans. But I don't feel less safe so not sure what to tell the others
 

kmhowe72

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
New England
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Cindy arrested

Just in msnbc, Cindy S. was arrested during anti war really. No more then that right now. I believe it. It was bond to happen. The arrest came after police asked the protesters to move along. when they refused Cindy was the first to be arrested.
 
Last edited:

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
7,297
Reaction score
1,002
Location
Saint Paul, MN
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Calm2Chaos said:
She didn't sacrifice her son. This false stage of her nobile sacrifice is crap. She didn't sacrifice him. He was a grown man who made a decsion. She didn't give him the Okay to go to Iraq, that was his job. She lost a son, she sacrificed his honor
:roll:


In other news, Cindy has been arrested.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
shuamort said:
:roll:


In other news, Cindy has been arrested.

Would seem that the media whore needed to grab a little more spot light
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
I am sure there will be footage on this. I am interested to see what happened.

I have to admit that I work within one block of the White House and was thinking about walking past the White House to see what was going on. Guess I shouldn't bother now.
 

gordontravels

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
758
Reaction score
1
Location
in the middle of America
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There are those here that don't understand honor. Saying dying in service to your country isn't honor. It is those of us, some that have given that service, that honor those that fell. It could have been me.

I don't think Cindy Sheehan understands that she is being used. She may even think she is doing what she should. I know this for sure though; I served my country to continue our ability to do just exactly what Cindy Sheehan is doing whether I agree with her or not. That I strongly disagree with her and still believe I would stand up for her right to do what she is doing tells me I have it right.

A free country that has been kept free so that I can disagree with Cindh Sheehan while she does what she wants or believes. Our counrty is unique in history and unique to the world. We should all be proud to be on one side or the other.
:duel :cool:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Calm2Chaos said:
41% Isn't the majority or is it most of americans. But I don't feel less safe so not sure what to tell the others

Well, this is what makes me happy: A majority – 52 percent – now give Bush a fair or poor rating regarding Iraq.

Awww, isn't that too bad?
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
Well, this is what makes me happy: A majority – 52 percent – now give Bush a fair or poor rating regarding Iraq.

Awww, isn't that too bad?


Umm not really worried about it. But if it upsets you thats fine
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
gordontravels said:
There are those here that don't understand honor. Saying dying in service to your country isn't honor. It is those of us, some that have given that service, that honor those that fell. It could have been me.

I don't think Cindy Sheehan understands that she is being used. She may even think she is doing what she should. I know this for sure though; I served my country to continue our ability to do just exactly what Cindy Sheehan is doing whether I agree with her or not. That I strongly disagree with her and still believe I would stand up for her right to do what she is doing tells me I have it right.

A free country that has been kept free so that I can disagree with Cindh Sheehan while she does what she wants or believes. Our counrty is unique in history and unique to the world. We should all be proud to be on one side or the other.
:duel :cool:

I served my country and I agree with her right to complain no matter how wrong I think she is. Its not that she speaks out, it's what she says that kills me. Talking about what you think is wrong is one thing. Calling the president the biggest terrorist or Hitler. Calling the terrorist freedom fighter or our soldiers terrorist. Does nothing for anybody but the terorist themselves
 

wrath

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I'm quite sure Cindy would have been disapointed had she not been arrested in DC. I imagine she'll squeeze all the mileage she can out of this act and then bow to all her drones.
:2bow: :aliens2:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Calm2Chaos said:
I served my country and I agree with her right to complain no matter how wrong I think she is. Its not that she speaks out, it's what she says that kills me. Talking about what you think is wrong is one thing. Calling the president the biggest terrorist or Hitler. Calling the terrorist freedom fighter or our soldiers terrorist. Does nothing for anybody but the terorist themselves

Calm, I totally agree. She would be far more effective if she didn't say outrageous things like that. While I certainly do not like the guy, to call him a terrorist is ridiculous. She would also be more credible if she stayed away from MM and Moveon.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
Calm, I totally agree. She would be far more effective if she didn't say outrageous things like that. While I certainly do not like the guy, to call him a terrorist is ridiculous. She would also be more credible if she stayed away from MM and Moveon.

She can't stay away from them...They are the ones pulling the strings on the puppet......

They are footing the bill for all this hate.........
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
She can't stay away from them...They are the ones pulling the strings on the puppet......

They are footing the bill for all this hate.........

I gotta wonder... Does it hurt having al those hands up her asss
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
She can't stay away from them...They are the ones pulling the strings on the puppet......

They are footing the bill for all this hate.........

I think you are mis-interpreting a difference of opinion or a difference of views for hate. I don't think she hates you or other service members. She is entitled to her views. She should have followed the law, but that is what happens when you don't follow the law. I can identify with the feeling of being under-appreciated as a service member and you will continue to see people who are indifferent towards those sacrafices, but it is a fact of life you will have to learn to accept. And not everybody shares your views and that is a basic fundamental right of all human beings to be able to have a difference of opinion and not be crucified for it.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Calm2Chaos said:
I gotta wonder... Does it hurt having al those hands up her asss

Have you taken a close look at that old bag? Yuk!!!!
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
I think you are mis-interpreting a difference of opinion or a difference of views for hate. I don't think she hates you or other service members. She is entitled to her views. She should have followed the law, but that is what happens when you don't follow the law. I can identify with the feeling of being under-appreciated as a service member and you will continue to see people who are indifferent towards those sacrafices, but it is a fact of life you will have to learn to accept. And not everybody shares your views and that is a basic fundamental right of all human beings to be able to have a difference of opinion and not be crucified for it.

A difference of opinion is one thing but she is way over the top.........She is actually hurting the lefts cause......Only the extreme left rally around her........You don't see any prominent dems with her.they would not touch her with a 10 fott poll.....
 

Tashah

DP Veteran
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
18,379
Reaction score
9,230
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Centrist
I saw some excerpts on the news of Sheehan speaking (squeaking actually) at the anti-war rally in DC. As the camera back-panned away from Sheehan's face, a very familiar profile came into view directly behind her - The Righteous Rev. Jesse Jackson! This complicated things for me considerably... as I found it impossible to decide which of these two was the bigger media whore.


 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I just saw on the news that she was arrested this morning......Is there nothing this old bag will not do to get publicity?
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Tashah said:
I saw some excerpts on the news of Sheehan speaking (squeaking actually) at the anti-war rally in DC. As the camera back-panned away from Sheehan's face, a very familiar profile came into view directly behind her - The Righteous Rev. Jesse Jackson! This complicated things for me considerably... as I found it impossible to decide which of these two was the bigger media whore.



I'm thinking that would be a great thread in the POLL section....LOL
 
Top Bottom