• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA watchdog ‘accidentally destroyed’ copy of ‘torture report’

So, is this report claiming that the CIA-IG destroyed the only remaining copy of the Senate Intel Committee's report on torture that it handed over to the CIA watchdog? If so...:doh

If not, since it wasn't an internally produced document, why can't the CIA-IG just get another copy of the report from the SIC? Sounds simple enough to me. Unless it's a case of the former, it's not like this is as serious as say the Oliver North document shredding situation where those documents couldn't be reproduced.

If that was the only copy...:shock:...:doh

It wasn't the only copy.

It wasn't the only copy.

Yeah...Just finished reading the OP article and deduced that. Thanks though.

Basically, this is a "gotcha" article, i.e., "The Obama Administration screwed up again. :roll:"

There's really nothing to see here, folks...move along.

Destruction of evidence is the topic... frequently with the Obama administration.

Also, you don't translate well at all but you make stunning straw men.

What other documents has the Obama Administration purposely destroyed to keep such out of the public eye?

Keep in mind that each Cabinet department is its own entity and often works outside the purview of the WH. So, other than Hillary's emails (which has nothing to do with the WH), what other documents under the Obama Administration have suddenly vanished from public view?

OH, OK, so you want to liken the Nixon Administration to the Obama administration? Cool. Obama's administration is all of the secretiveness and corruption of the Nixon administration with none of the accomplishments. He took the bad parts of the Nixon administration and made a whole administration out of it. But then it's almost like Obama got a wild hair and said "Well, I suck... but maybe I can pull a Nixon!" and made Cuba his China, Iran his Soviet Union...

You can twist and shout with the best of them, i'll give you that.... :roll:

Now having voted for Nixon back in the day, he was a better Republican President than all the others since. it is perhaps the fickle, bitter nature of politics that his achievements will forever be tainted by his moment of doubt and pain.

You seem intent on ignoring real history and pretend President Obama somehow ordered the CIA to destroy evidence in order to protect the outrages committed under the BushII administration... :doh

Face it, spin and whine all you want, Obama had nothing to do with the CIA covering it's ass.

Everything else is just the rabid right beating a really dead (but bi-partisan) horse... :peace

Ah you must have been a gymnast when younger. You sure can twist!

I truly believe President Obama is not behind this CIA sweeping of BushII era torture tactics. This is the CIA taking care of itself- nothing more... :peace

Unless Obama happened to be a republican right?

Happened to be BushII ya mean, not any ol' Republican, just the one PUB who set the torture process in motion and had his attorney general rationalize it... :peace

LOL......you would other progressives would be all over Obama right now like crows cackling on a fence post if he was a republican.

You can twist and shout with the best of them, i'll give you that.... :roll:

Now having voted for Nixon back in the day, he was a better Republican President than all the others since. it is perhaps the fickle, bitter nature of politics that his achievements will forever be tainted by his moment of doubt and pain.

You seem intent on ignoring real history and pretend President Obama somehow ordered the CIA to destroy evidence in order to protect the outrages committed under the BushII administration... :doh

Face it, spin and whine all you want, Obama had nothing to do with the CIA covering it's ass.

Everything else is just the rabid right beating a really dead (but bi-partisan) horse... :peace

I never said Obama told anyone anything. I am saying that there is a culture of corruption in the Obama White House.

I never said Obama told anyone anything. I am saying that there is a culture of corruption in the Obama White House.

Well after the Bush, Cheney White house anything goes.

What other documents has the Obama Administration purposely destroyed to keep such out of the public eye?

Keep in mind that each Cabinet department is its own entity and often works outside the purview of the WH. So, other than Hillary's emails (which has nothing to do with the WH), what other documents under the Obama Administration have suddenly vanished from public view?

Lerner emails.

SBA IG documents.

EPA documents

VA Documents

Healthcare.gov emails

Read more @: CIA watchdog ‘accidentally destroyed’ copy of ‘torture report’[/FONT][/COLOR]

"Accidentally destroyed" :roll: Yea right it was "accidentally destroyed"...

Oh yeah, I bet it was an accident. Yeah, I'm sure that "acting" inspector general (I love how he was "acting," because they probably couldn't even put in a real fall guy) "Christopher Sharpley uploaded the report to the office's internal computer network and then destroyed the hard disk, apparently following standard protocol" --that was invented a whole five minutes beforehand, in order to deal with this precise "situation."

The question, I wonder, is what precisely was in those 6,000 pages that couldn't see the light of day that hadn't been talked about before?

While with Marine Recon I went to two different schools where I was water boarded as part of training. I was not tortured and neither were these Terrorists.

While with Marine Recon I went to two different schools where I was water boarded as part of training. I was not tortured and neither were these Terrorists.

The Liberals define torture as anything that be considered, "uncomfortable". Barking dogs, loud rap music, no climate control in the cells, etc. are all considered torture.

Back
Top Bottom