• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA watchdog ‘accidentally destroyed’ copy of ‘torture report’

Well, let's peruse that. A new pres comes in and meets with the existing CIA guy because he wants to make some changes. He talks to the Director and voices his concerns. The Director says "We'll get rignt on it." A few months later the Director tells the newbie pres that he has a panel of his blue ribbon experts reviewing and drafting proposals. A few months later the Director makes an appointment with "Newbie Pres" and brings a 900 page paper synopsis of his review committees review and the questions that the review brought forward. So far, lots of talk, no changes. The pres sends the 900 page synopsis to his current reader and analyst. A month of so later, said analyst presents his interpretation of the 900 page synopsis. The pres makes an appointment in a few months with the Director and presents his viewpoint on the synopsis and his analysts questions and the questions raised originally by the synopsis. The Director says, "Now we're getting somewhere," and can take this new meat back to his blue ribbon group and resolve the ambiguities. So far, lots of talk, no changes. Months go by and the Director makes an appointment with said "Newbie Pres" to update the review process. A new document, only 300 pages long, and certified a blue ribbon work demonstrates the absolute efficiency of the process and the pres refers this to the analyst for interpretation and de-bugging. A few months later said analyst briefs the pres on the blue ribbon work and it's just a few months away from bouncing this off the Director's experiental backboard and a further blue ribbon review. Progress, or the lack thereof. So far, lots of talk, no changes. A few more trips back and forth and even forth and back and the blue ribbons and the Director have the proposals narrowed down, however it is now a new election season, ergo not too much access to pres because very busy working to keep his job. Back burner with most changes, well, except that the ladies room flush toilet handles in the CIA building will be replaced with brass handles instead of the chrome plated handles. So far, lots of talk, new flush toilet handles, no changes. This is known as bureaucracy or an Intelligent Agency using same to not make change. Hmmm, who's in charge?

Still the president. Nice try though.

Your CIA controls the world........

:lamo

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

If the CIA runs the world, why'd we lose in Vietnam ultimately? Why'd it take ten years to hunt Osama down? Why is ISIS still around? Why didn't the USSR fall apart earlier?

Translation- I don't want to talk about other administrations and the 'missing 18 1/2 minutes' old reference of destroyed evidence during the Nixon administration. I only want to beat my dead horse...

the CIA destroying evidence on torture is the topic- that a few on the right want to make it about everything Obama is the strawman...

nice try though... :peace

OH, OK, so you want to liken the Nixon Administration to the Obama administration? Cool.

Obama's administration is all of the secretiveness and corruption of the Nixon administration with none of the accomplishments.

He took the bad parts of the Nixon administration and made a whole administration out of it.

But then it's almost like Obama got a wild hair and said "Well, I suck... but maybe I can pull a Nixon!" and made Cuba his China, Iran his Soviet Union...

Last edited:
:lamo

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

If the CIA runs the world, why'd we lose in Vietnam ultimately? Why'd it take ten years to hunt Osama down? Why is ISIS still around? Why didn't the USSR fall apart earlier?

You may have answered your own question.

that is funny.....

Yeah, it is. Because you actually think that the situations are comparible.

America has never had a coup or changing from a democracy. Something no Middle Eastern country can say

Translation- I don't want to talk about other administrations and the 'missing 18 1/2 minutes' old reference of destroyed evidence during the Nixon administration. I only want to beat my dead horse...

the CIA destroying evidence on torture is the topic- that a few on the right want to make it about everything Obama is the strawman...

nice try though... :peace
Sort of like the way you don't want to talk about the missing emails from the IRS or Hillarys erasure of emails or the Obama lie about the videotape being at the root of the Benghazi attack, or the spying on Americans exposed by Snowden. When you accuse someone else of wearing partisan blinders, you might want to take yours off first.

Yeah, it is. Because you actually think that the situations are comparible.

America has never had a coup or changing from a democracy. Something no Middle Eastern country can say

he made other countries have a coup! you can not ignore the realities.learn it ,study it ,read more and then come here.

he made other countries have a coup! you can not ignore the realities.learn it ,study it ,read more and then come here

Yeah---that doesn't mean America isn't a democracy, or that the CIA runs the world.

how ? Cia is responsible for too many international crimes!

Okay---this is a very simple concept. I'm not going to go into the specifics of the American government---you probably already know what it is.

The CIA is subordinate to the president. The president has an overarching idea of what he wants the world to look like and the CIA and other organizations such as the Marine Corps and State Department work to try and make sure that things on the ground are implemented that way.

Has the CIA been involved in nasty stuff? Of course. But they don't control the government. They haven't chosen the president or his orders.

They really aren't SPECTRE, no matter what the movies stay.

Hey...if The Hildabeast and Lois Lerner can get away with it...
I look forward to the day where you call for a massive federal investigation and even possible congressional investigation into this..

I look forward to the day where you call for a massive federal investigation and even possible congressional investigation into this..

Why? It's not the only copy. They can just get another from Hillary's server.

I understand the Middle east.that is enough !you all know what I mean

If you think the CIA runs the world, then I sincerely doubt you understand the Middle East. In my experience (anecdotal, but also with some statistical backing), Middle Easterners tend to prefer conspiracy theories.

Well, this document was probably Top Secret.

So I tell you what.

If they spill it to the Russians, and then destroy it, twenty two times, I agree, we should have a giant massive rip-through. Howsabout that? :)

If you think the CIA runs the world, then I sincerely doubt you understand the Middle East. In my experience (anecdotal, but also with some statistical backing), Middle Easterners tend to prefer conspiracy theories.

I am not a Middle easterner but you have to accept you can not be a world power without power.How did you be a world power ?

I am not a Middle easterner but you have to accept you can not be a world power without power.How did you be a world power ?
Oh, we have power (the problem is our will to use it). But the CIA is actually a fairly small portion of the US foreign policy world. They aren't even the biggest player in the US Intelligence Community. They just happen to make the best movie villains, so, low information (or misinformation) people tend to make ridiculous claims like "they run the world".

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Read more @: CIA watchdog ‘accidentally destroyed’ copy of ‘torture report’[/FONT][/COLOR]

"Accidentally destroyed" :roll: Yea right it was "accidentally destroyed"...

So, is this report claiming that the CIA-IG destroyed the only remaining copy of the Senate Intel Committee's report on torture that it handed over to the CIA watchdog? If so...:doh

If not, since it wasn't an internally produced document, why can't the CIA-IG just get another copy of the report from the SIC? Sounds simple enough to me. Unless it's a case of the former, it's not like this is as serious as say the Oliver North document shredding situation where those documents couldn't be reproduced.

If that was the only copy...:shock:...:doh

2XNB7ZY.gif

Back
Top Bottom