• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA Personnel in Benghazi Silenced with Threats to Their Families by Obama Admin

I love recycling. So way back when the world decided to help the people revolting in libya it was mentioned the US was dealing weapons to wacky kadaffi and friends in libya. Now we find those US weapons in the hands of people in the country and now you are shocked. So great let us push for stopping the sales of US arms around the world, but before we pretend this started with benghazi let us remember this has been going on for longer than obama has been alive. Thank you for letting us know the us military industrial complex makes tons of money on arms sales, even to people we declare the enemy.

Perhaps there should be a new words for recycled news? It is not really new anymore so perhaps we should call it olds, or maybe useds? Or we could make it sound snazzy by calling it certified pre-owned information? really, you cannot just slap obama on it and pretend the CIA is just now becoming an organization of corruption and power maintenance. It is not like the CIA was known for their honesty and moral operations in the past.

Anyway, thank you captain obvious now I hear there might be some bias in cable news networks you might want to tell us about.

I love recycling. So way back when the world decided to help the people revolting in libya it was mentioned the US was dealing weapons to wacky kadaffi and friends in libya. Now we find those US weapons in the hands of people in the country and now you are shocked. So great let us push for stopping the sales of US arms around the world, but before we pretend this started with benghazi let us remember this has been going on for longer than obama has been alive. Thank you for letting us know the us military industrial complex makes tons of money on arms sales, even to people we declare the enemy.

Perhaps there should be a new words for recycled news? It is not really new anymore so perhaps we should call it olds, or maybe useds? Or we could make it sound snazzy by calling it certified pre-owned information? really, you cannot just slap obama on it and pretend the CIA is just now becoming an organization of corruption and power maintenance. It is not like the CIA was known for their honesty and moral operations in the past.

Anyway, thank you captain obvious now I hear there might be some bias in cable news networks you might want to tell us about.

Well we can Slap Obama on it.....it was him and his Team that dropped the ball on the Anniversary of 911. It was his lacking the ability to hold any type of leadership qualities and then him and his own team that Bungled the whole policy for Libya and the Operations that were going on in Benghazi. Not to mention him missing his 3am Phone call. All due to going out west coast to party.

See Obama's campaign was more important than the country.....with him and in his people's eyes, that is. Then they just flat out lied as to what was the cause. Lied, deflected, then ran back down that rabbit hole with all that transparency they were talking about. Hiding behind investigations.....at least those from ourselves. Not that they can change the Libyans investigations and how or if they will even proceed on it anymore.

So he is responsible for all of that.....but not for going along with what others who have come before him have done. See the one thing he and his team can't get past. Are those words that came out of their mouths. No matter how much they try to Spit and spin.
spin.gif

As well as the Major Incompetence of his Team and their not being able to cover up how badly they really screwed up.

I love the way you don't say anything sensible and make up a bunch moonbat crazy **** that makes no sense or is even on topic. Oh yeah and comments and statements nobody has actually made or stated. Smells like fertilizer though.

I read in a thread the other day Obama was making CIA keeps secrets and stuff. Oh, the outrage...

Exactly what threats to which family members were made by who?

I read in a thread the other day Obama was making CIA keeps secrets and stuff. Oh, the outrage...

This what CNN has on it Mak.

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, "You don't jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well."

Another says, "You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation."

"Agency employees typically are polygraphed every three to four years. Never more than that," said former CIA operative and CNN analyst Robert Baer.

Lawmakers also want to know about the weapons in Libya, and what happened to them.

Speculation on Capitol Hill has included the possibility the U.S. agencies operating in Benghazi were secretly helping to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels.

It is clear that two U.S. agencies were operating in Benghazi, one was the State Department, and the other was the CIA.

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack – The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Now you don't believe that lil part By the CIA on that their people are free to go and testify before Congress anytime they want?

Well it was all laid out in the CNN report/video. Was that confusing to you?

Well we can Slap Obama on it.....it was him and his Team that dropped the ball on the Anniversary of 911. It was his lacking the ability to hold any type of leadership qualities and then him and his own team that Bungled the whole policy for Libya and the Operations that were going on in Benghazi. Not to mention him missing his 3am Phone call. All due to going out west coast to party.

If you want to slap Obama, and the entire government, for selling weapons and training to dangerous people I am all for it. But hit the entire process. I have no personal vendetta against Obama, and i see no purpose in punishing him for something that is fairly trivial considering how this sort of policy has helped to kill many more americans under other presidents. We have american funding and help that contributed to the actual 9/11 attacks which has been the biggest attack on our own soil since forever. You have arms sales to destabilize south america, not to mention aid to cartels, which has killed countless americans. The middle east is loaded up with american weapons. We have even sold to china, and probably russia. We have any number of attacks on consulates and military bases. I am all for solving this problem, but Obama is just not the cause or even the end of it. if we do not do anything about this aside from punish Obama our next president, no matter who it is, will encounter the same problem and do the same stupid things. This is a bipartisan issue. If you want to start with obama feel free and it is about time, but do not end with him. Also, do recognize without the US arms sales all over the world we will see cutbacks and economic problems with one of our biggest industries, the military complex.
See Obama's campaign was more important than the country.....with him and in his people's eyes, that is. Then they just flat out lied as to what was the cause. Lied, deflected, then ran back down that rabbit hole with all that transparency they were talking about. Hiding behind investigations.....at least those from ourselves. Not that they can change the Libyans investigations and how or if they will even proceed on it anymore.

Welcome to vietn....wait the middle ea....No wait welcome to america. This is pretty much SOP here and it seems it will be continuing. Obama is certainly not the issue, he is just the figurehead on top of the giant tower of corruption and BS. You can cut him off the top and the rest of the system remains. It will not even slow them down.
So he is responsible for all of that.....but not for going along with what others who have come before him have done. See the one thing he and his team can't get past. Are those words that came out of their mouths. No matter how much they try to Spit and spin.
spin.gif

This is going along with what others before him have done. It is exactly that. You can try to blame it entirely on obama and pretend if we rid ourselves of him it will stop, but the next person will do the same thing. They have all done it before him, and it seems to be that presidents and congress are chosen by the people who like this sort of thing so that they will do the same thing. Mccain would have done things a bit different. We would be in a war with libya and Iran right now. Probably Pakistan too. I am pretty sure a war would have a couple more casualties than four. In all honesty when you look at the methods of Bush and the reps to put us into wars to promote the war machine we lose a lot more people and end up on the hook for a lot more money. 4 people dead and no big obligation to piss money away on contractors who are supposedly rebuilding seems great. plus we do not need to occupy, nor did we need to pay the troops to be there in the first place. Sorry, but this is a bargain. I would be glad if we were not doing this sort of thing, but since there is probably no stopping that i will take the sale price.
As well as the Major Incompetence of his Team and their not being able to cover up how badly they really screwed up.

tell me when he gets impeached and then we will talk about incompetence. Until then this is the same old scandal we have faced for every president. This is just blown way out of proportion by the right. really, you think it is odd that the CIA is over in a middle east country with lots of oil which was destabalized through a US supported coup? If there was not CIA people all over that place looking to secure profit for american corporations I would be shocked and amazed. No, they do not tell us about all of that, but you can be damned sure those guys are all over the place playing these games. I am just telling you in case you are really this hopelessly ignorant of the way the US government works. yes, those people are there for reasons which do not concern the security of america, and no they are mostly not going to risk their lives over an embassy attack. So if this all actually bothers you perhaps you might want to consider a complete revolution. Obama is not your problem if things like this are a concern of yours. If this is just about bitching at obama and not facing the reality none of this was created by him, nor will it go away when he does then you are constructing a fantasy. If you do not want that fantasy exposed you might want to shut the free thinking world out of this as they are probably not going to play along with your narrative.

I love the way you don't say anything sensible and make up a bunch moonbat crazy **** that makes no sense or is even on topic. Oh yeah and comments and statements nobody has actually made or stated. Smells like fertilizer though.

you are whining about the same old thing we have known about for ages. you just slap obama on it and pretend it is new. Just because you think obama is the only president to ever lie to people and cover up BS they pull in other countries doesn't mean you are right.

you are whining about the same old thing we have known about for ages. you just slap obama on it and pretend it is new. Just because you think obama is the only president to ever lie to people and cover up BS they pull in other countries doesn't mean you are right.
First I suggest you either address the topic or exit the thread. But I'll only ask once, right now. From here on I'll let the proper parties handle it. ;)

Second drop the idiotic ad hom dissembling or I'll let the proper parties handle that too. I don't give a **** what you think "we" (whomever that is supposed to be) have known for ages. Do you actually understand what "ages" means? First I've never what was it? Slapped Obama on any topic at DP, so talking out your ignorant butt does not help you. Nor have I made a single claim about any of the moronic comments you just pulled from your butt either. You are literally talking idiotic babble, crap you have dreamed up in your obviously addled mind. In other word dishonest BS aka lies. Last night in another thread I started you popped in and posted a stream of incoherent gibberish. Not only could I not make any sense of the grammatically challenged gibberish but neither could anyone else in the thread. So if you want to keep acting like you take the short bus, I'll treat you like it. Right after I mock these moonbat fantasies you have dreamed up, that you imagined you read from me? I'm just going to let the proper parties share in the humor and handle that too.:screwy

Last edited:

If all presidents jumped off Burj Khalifa in Dubai should the next one also jump?

If a CIA agent is giving out secrets it should be the end of his career and who threatened their families?
Well it was all laid out in the CNN report/video. Was that confusing to you?

If a CIA agent is giving out secrets it should be the end of his career and who threatened their families?
Probably true. Has someone made the allegation that these people did that? Actually watching the CNN report will help you understand things better than asking everyone else to explain it to you. Don't you think?:confused:

First I suggest you either address the topic or exit the thread.

I have addressed the topic. You want people to be concerned over something that happens all the time under every president. The CIA goes all over in violent areas and mucks around with things. Every president has had them do that, and every president covers it up. Yes, they have even been in countries where attacks on consulates have happened before, and done nothing. Also, it is quite well known you threaten your career if you speak about classified secrets when you work in the CIA. None of this is news, and it is even a threat that you will face legal and life changing consequences if you release classified information. None of what you are saying is an Obama thing. This is just part of working for the CIA in covert ops.

As for the rest of this, there was not much else to actually respond to.

I cant at work. I did read the posted article
Probably true. Has someone made the allegation that these people did that? Actually watching the CNN report will help you understand things better than asking everyone else to explain it to you. Don't you think?:confused:

If all presidents jumped off Burj Khalifa in Dubai should the next one also jump?

If they all did it and made money and power doing it while facing no consequences like the ground in your example, then yes they will all do it. The moral and ethical questions are irrelevant once you get to those levels as they really have money and power taking over their guidance. What i think should or should not be done morally is not a part of the consideration of the power structure that is present.

If you want to slap Obama, and the entire government, for selling weapons and training to dangerous people I am all for it. But hit the entire process. I have no personal vendetta against Obama, and i see no purpose in punishing him for something that is fairly trivial considering how this sort of policy has helped to kill many more americans under other presidents. We have american funding and help that contributed to the actual 9/11 attacks which has been the biggest attack on our own soil since forever. You have arms sales to destabilize south america, not to mention aid to cartels, which has killed countless americans. The middle east is loaded up with american weapons. We have even sold to china, and probably russia. We have any number of attacks on consulates and military bases. I am all for solving this problem, but Obama is just not the cause or even the end of it. if we do not do anything about this aside from punish Obama our next president, no matter who it is, will encounter the same problem and do the same stupid things. This is a bipartisan issue. If you want to start with obama feel free and it is about time, but do not end with him. Also, do recognize without the US arms sales all over the world we will see cutbacks and economic problems with one of our biggest industries, the military complex.

Welcome to vietn....wait the middle ea....No wait welcome to america. This is pretty much SOP here and it seems it will be continuing. Obama is certainly not the issue, he is just the figurehead on top of the giant tower of corruption and BS. You can cut him off the top and the rest of the system remains. It will not even slow them down.

This is going along with what others before him have done. It is exactly that. You can try to blame it entirely on obama and pretend if we rid ourselves of him it will stop, but the next person will do the same thing. They have all done it before him, and it seems to be that presidents and congress are chosen by the people who like this sort of thing so that they will do the same thing. Mccain would have done things a bit different. We would be in a war with libya and Iran right now. Probably Pakistan too. I am pretty sure a war would have a couple more casualties than four. In all honesty when you look at the methods of Bush and the reps to put us into wars to promote the war machine we lose a lot more people and end up on the hook for a lot more money. 4 people dead and no big obligation to piss money away on contractors who are supposedly rebuilding seems great. plus we do not need to occupy, nor did we need to pay the troops to be there in the first place. Sorry, but this is a bargain. I would be glad if we were not doing this sort of thing, but since there is probably no stopping that i will take the sale price.

tell me when he gets impeached and then we will talk about incompetence. Until then this is the same old scandal we have faced for every president. This is just blown way out of proportion by the right. really, you think it is odd that the CIA is over in a middle east country with lots of oil which was destabalized through a US supported coup? If there was not CIA people all over that place looking to secure profit for american corporations I would be shocked and amazed. No, they do not tell us about all of that, but you can be damned sure those guys are all over the place playing these games. I am just telling you in case you are really this hopelessly ignorant of the way the US government works. yes, those people are there for reasons which do not concern the security of america, and no they are mostly not going to risk their lives over an embassy attack. So if this all actually bothers you perhaps you might want to consider a complete revolution. Obama is not your problem if things like this are a concern of yours. If this is just about bitching at obama and not facing the reality none of this was created by him, nor will it go away when he does then you are constructing a fantasy. If you do not want that fantasy exposed you might want to shut the free thinking world out of this as they are probably not going to play along with your narrative.

Not at all TR.....that part about Obama and his team getting the Policy wrong when it came to Libya. Pretty much puts that in the perspective it should be. Make no mistake, Obama's Foreign Policy is a complete and utter failure.

As for the incompetence.....and the more focus upon it. That falls back on who Obama chose to be on his team. See now while he does get to chose who he has on his team. No one said they had to ever be qualified to know anything. Which is clear now.....they don't and never have.

I have addressed the topic. You want people to be concerned over something that happens all the time under every president. The CIA goes all over in violent areas and mucks around with things. Every president has had them do that, and every president covers it up. Yes, they have even been in countries where attacks on consulates have happened before, and done nothing. Also, it is quite well known you threaten your career if you speak about classified secrets when you work in the CIA. None of this is news, and it is even a threat that you will face legal and life changing consequences if you release classified information. None of what you are saying is an Obama thing. This is just part of working for the CIA in covert ops.

As for the rest of this, there was not much else to actually respond to.
You addressed the topic? Where did you do that at? Must be the same place you fantasized that you read my "slapping Obama" and what I "want people to be concerned over blah blah blah" at. The recesses of your mind. Then you are off on another incoherent off topic rant supposedly I guess to try to foist the idea that none of this is news. It actually is news, just not news you want to address or debate, or can digest and discuss so you are off on ad hom fantasies about positions and statements I've never taken. Which will from here on out will only result in you being reported for the violation. ;)

Wow. Telerun's responded to one of my posts.... Where's your Adderall?

It's still "phony" regarding what conservatives claim is the conspiracy. The real question is what those CIA operatives were all doing in Benghazi. The idea the Obama just willy nilly lets people die when he could help them is just pure idiotic right wing drivel. Obviously the CIA was doing things there that they don't want to get out. That's what I'm interested in.

Edit: I'd be pissed if they were smuggling arms to Syrian rebels.

When you actually read the CNN report it strangely doesn't say "Obama regime".

"Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret."

well at least now we are starting to get a possible reason the CIA put "spontaneously inspired" in the talking points. The annex was a CIA post. where are the charges of treason against republicans for trying to 'out' even more CIA agents? They've done it before. It should come as no shock they'd do it again.

Maybe they are a bit more Republican than American.
When you actually read the CNN report it strangely doesn't say "Obama regime".

"Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret."

well at least now we are starting to get a possible reason the CIA put "spontaneously inspired" in the talking points. The annex was a CIA post. where are the charges of treason against republicans for trying to 'out' even more CIA agents? They've done it before. It should come as no shock they'd do it again.

Back
Top Bottom