• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CIA Memo

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Porter Goss issued memo that issues a directive to his staff that:

"We support the administration, and its policies, in our work as agency employees, We do not identify with, support or champion opposition to the administration or its policies."

He issued the memo just hours after two of his top staff left over policy disputes that included compliant that Goss was "overly partisan"

In it he does go on to state: "We provide the intelligence as we see it -- and let the facts alone speak to the policy-maker."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/17/cia.memo/index.html

Maybe Goss was being completely honest when he told Michael Moore during an interview on March 3, 2004 "I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified."

To be fair he was speaking about tech. and lang. skills, but maybe he knew deep down he really didn't have the skills needed.

This is the same guy who when questioned about the *Valerie Plame incident said "Somebody sends me a blue dress and some DNA, I'll have an investigation" (a sarcastic reference to the Monica Lewinsky scandal.)

*Plame's the wife of former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, she was exposed by douche bag for freedom Robert Novak as a CIA covert operative, he wrote, "Wilson never worked for the CIA, but his wife, Valerie Plame, is an Agency operative on weapons of mass destruction." Exposing a CIA operative either working or retired is a federal crime. You know who signed that law into affect? President George H. W. Bush.

Ever stop and wonder just who exactly is running the asylum?

Last edited:
"We support the administration, and its policies, in our work as agency employees, We do not identify with, support or champion opposition to the administration or its policies."

What is wrong with this statment? Is not Bush his boss? There are obviously some major issues with the CIA. Could this not be an antempt to shut the whisteblowers up until they can be corrected from within?

On the other topic, this is the guy that ousted Plame's wife!?
I thought there was still an investigation going on.

Well there's quite a bit wrong with this. A prime example is the build up to the war in Iraq. The whole time there were members of the intelligence community contesting information being put out by this administration and the main stream media. One prime example was Joe Wilson the agent sent over to investigate the yellow cake in Niger. He found no such facts but they later used it anyway, he went on the record and they released the name of his covert wife.

What we're seeing is a old fashioned cleaning house. They're taking out all the potential leakers and nonbelievers. They're effectively taking out anyone that's standing between the people and what's really going on in government. In addition they're creating a certain type of group think which is dangerous. It's not healthy to only be around people that feel the same way you do. It's to easy to be wrong.

All I have to say is look at more surveillance on Americans and a continued unilateral approach in our foreign policy and expanding empire.

They're taking out all the potential leakers and nonbelievers. They're effectively taking out anyone that's standing between the people and what's really going on in government. In addition they're creating a certain type of group think which is dangerous. It's not healthy to only be around people that feel the same way you do. It's to easy to be wrong.

And what is 'really going on in government'?

Taking your same logic, suppose there are people in intelligence that do not want the Bush administration to pass mustur. So they make incorrect statements on behest of the CIA for instance. Those incorrect statements are held against the administration as though they were real. Folks that make detrimental statements against the administration are dangerous. It's not healthy to be around a bunch of liars. It's too easy to assume that they are on your team.

That logic bat swings both ways.

The only problem with that is, I haven't heard of any such leaks which turned out to be false. In fact it's been the opposite, the leaks have lead to findings of maliciousness or outright incompetence on the part of high level officers and members of the administration.

By the way do you know what it is to release the name of an undercover CIA operative? That could effectively result in a hit, let alone the end of her career as well as any other agents she'd been in contact with. That's a vicious retaliation not to mention illegal.

By the way do you know what it is to release the name of an undercover CIA operative? That could effectively result in a hit, let alone the end of her career as well as any other agents she'd been in contact with. That's a vicious retaliation not to mention illegal.

Again, I thought an invistigation was still going on.
If indeed it was this guy - he needs to fry.

vauge said:
Again, I thought an invistigation was still going on.
If indeed it was this guy - he needs to fry.
Yes, an investigation is ongoing. Well sort of anyway. I've done everything from Google searches to call and write my congressman. Basically what I get is that it's sloooowwww process. There's a lot of speculation that the end road will lead to a guy named Karl Rove, seems he's got some freinds in high places. Now I have no real knowledge that he is or is not behind any release of Ms. Plames name to douche bag for freedom Robert Novak. But I find it very odd that there isn't anything being done about the situation. The mere fact that it does appear to be being buried seems to suggust that someone with a lot of power is pulling strings for someone.

Back
Top Bottom