• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CIA leak investigation still ongoing

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US special counsel probing a politically explosive
CIA leak case signalled he was not ready to wrap up the investigation which has already toppled a top White House aide.

After the charges forced Libby to resign his White House job, the lawyer for Bush's chief political aide Karl Rove said Rove has been told he is still under investigation in the two-year probe.

Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's comments contained in court papers filed Friday will fuel more speculation he may still be mulling new charges in the case.

Responding to a Wall Street Journal petition to have still-secret details of his investigation released, Fitzgerald said in his court filing that some grand jury testimony must stay secret to protect the integrity of the probe.

Fitzgerald called for continued secrecy to ensure that prospective witnesses "come forward voluntarily and will testify fully and frankly, and to prevent any efforts to obstruct the investigation," he wrote.

He also said some documents identifying witnesses who testified to a grand jury, who had not been identified publicly and who had not been and may never be charged, should also be kept under wraps.

Fitzgerald did not object to portions of evidence in the case pertaining to Libby being released, because Libby had already been identified as a defendant.

The hard-charging Chicago prosecutor said earlier this month he may bring witnesses before a second federal grand jury, a panel which assesses possible indictments in a case. The mandate of the first grand jury used in the case expired last month.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051203/pl_afp/usjusticemedia

For all those who say the investigation is over...

This is so hilarious, these desperate fools are hanging their last hopes on this investigation, as if it were their last chance at utopia. I also find it hilarious watching Hardball night after night, poor Chris just won't give up, he seems to be obsessed with Rove, and bringing down the Cheney faction of the admin. It is really painful to watch at some points, I almost feel sorry for the man, almost.:lol:

Deegan said:
This is so hilarious, these desperate fools are hanging their last hopes on this investigation, as if it were their last chance at utopia. I also find it hilarious watching Hardball night after night, poor Chris just won't give up, he seems to be obsessed with Rove, and bringing down the Cheney faction of the admin. It is really painful to watch at some points, I almost feel sorry for the man, almost.:lol:

I've got one word for you, Deegan.

Travelgate.

:roll:

mixedmedia said:
I've got one word for you, Deegan.

Travelgate.

:roll:

So we agree, the criminalization of politics is ridiculous, as well as dangerous. It is also a huge waste of tax payer funds, and our valuable time, I assume this is what is meant by the rolling of eyes?:roll:

Deegan said:
So we agree, the criminalization of politics is ridiculous, as well as dangerous. It is also a huge waste of tax payer funds, and our valuable time, I assume this is what is meant by the rolling of eyes?:roll:

Well, why didn''t you just say that in the first place? :roll:

mixedmedia said:
Well, why didn''t you just say that in the first place? :roll:

What, am I not allowed a colorful observation?:confused:

Deegan said:
What, am I not allowed a colorful observation?:confused:

Oh, Deegan, simmer down. Am I not as well? It's all good......:2wave:

mixedmedia said:
Oh, Deegan, simmer down. Am I not as well? It's all good......:2wave:

You are indeed, and I agreed with you, just don't confuse my disgust, with partisan politics, it all makes me ill. It is just that this administration is the one in the spotlight, so I find myself discussing them more of the time.;)

Back
Top Bottom