• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA had recording of Saudi prince demanding Khashoggi be 'silenced' - Turkish paper

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Exact title: CIA had recording of Saudi prince demanding Khashoggi be 'silenced' - Turkish paper
ISTANBUL: A Turkish newspaper reported on Thursday CIA director Gina Haspel signalled to Turkish officials last month that the agency had a recording of a call in which Saudi Arabia's crown prince gave instructions to "silence" Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Asked about the report, a Turkish official told Reuters he had no information about such a recording. Saudi Arabia has said Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had no prior knowledge of Khashoggi's killing at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul six weeks ago.

This directly contradicts Trump's assertion that the The Crown Prince had nothing to do with the killing. The recording that the CIA has is indisputable.

Exact title: CIA had recording of Saudi prince demanding Khashoggi be 'silenced' - Turkish paper

This directly contradicts Trump's assertion that the The Crown Prince had nothing to do with the killing. The recording that the CIA has is indisputable.

Asked about the report, a Turkish official told Reuters he had no information about such a recording. Saudi Arabia has said Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had no prior knowledge of Khashoggi's killing at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul six weeks ago.

When asked about the recording by reporters in Florida, U.S. President Donald Trump said, "I don't want to talk about it. You'll have to ask them." The CIA declined to comment when asked about the report.

Indisputable? LOL!!

Okay. Moving on...

Mirroring Trump's response to the US Intelligence community report on Russia's meddling in the 2016 election, Trump is once again ignoring facts to create another of his "alternative truths".

This is what America is saddled with until 2020.

It would be nice if this recording were released to the world...let the Saudi Gov try to explain it to the rest of the world.

Link to the Trump quote please because that is not what I heard him say.
Trump said that the CIA "did not come to a conclusion" about the crown prince's involvement in the murder.
"They have feelings certain ways, but they didn't -- I have the report," Trump said.
"The CIA doesn't say they [the Saudis] did it," Trump said. "They said he might have done it -- that's a big difference."

So yes, the recording by the CIA directly contradicts Trump.

Trump said that the CIA "did not come to a conclusion" about the crown prince's involvement in the murder.
"They have feelings certain ways, but they didn't -- I have the report," Trump said.
"The CIA doesn't say they [the Saudis] did it," Trump said. "They said he might have done it -- that's a big difference."

So yes, the recording by the CIA directly contradicts Trump.

These Trumpets are like 13 year old kids who refuse to accept that there is no Santa.

Yes, indisputable -- as in who are you going to believe, Trump or your own ears?

I find it amazing that you believe some Turkish newspaper. You DO know that Turkey hates SA and the US, right? They have absolutely zero credibility when they talk about the CIA.

I find it amazing that you believe some Turkish newspaper. You DO know that Turkey hates SA and the US, right? They have absolutely zero credibility when they talk about the CIA.
This report from the Turkish newspaper explains why the CIA concluded last week that the Crown Price, did in fact, order the killing. It's merely another puzzle piece giving us a clearer and clearer picture. Cia has reported with high confidence, which is the highest level of accuracy that they will vouch for, that the crown prince of Saudi Arabia was directly involved in the assassination of Khashoggi.

The real question is why do members of Cult45 stick with Trump's unsubstantiated denials when the CIA has high confidence?

This report from the Turkish newspaper explains why the CIA concluded last week that the Crown Price, did in fact, order the killing. It's merely another puzzle piece giving us a clearer and clearer picture. Cia has reported with high confidence, which is the highest level of accuracy that they will vouch for, that the crown prince of Saudi Arabia was directly involved in the assassination of Khashoggi.

The real question is why do members of Cult45 stick with Trump's unsubstantiated denials when the CIA has high confidence?

All you have is some unknown, unnamed people making claims about the CIA. You have absolutely NO reason to believe any of those claims are true.

You are part of that religious-like cult known as TDS. You live on faith, alone.

Mirroring Trump's response to the US Intelligence community report on Russia's meddling in the 2016 election, Trump is once again ignoring facts to create another of his "alternative truths".

This is what America is saddled with until 2020.

Do you have a link to the actual recording?

**** the Saudis for torturing him, and **** anyone who defends it even tacitly.

**** the Saudis for torturing him, and **** anyone who defends it even tacitly.

No worries, it's a win for free press. The Kingdom had to hide and deny. It's not what it once was.

Red:
The fact that Trump posits "X" be so, given his predilection for paltering profligately, is, quite frankly, among the best reasons for one's initially conceiving that the literal opposite of "X" be so.

I think the Trump lie tally is well over 6k now.

No worries, it's a win for free press. The Kingdom had to hide and deny. It's not what it once was.

eh, i just hate it that someone got tortured and murdered like that. i hope to see at least the beginning of the end of the oil era.

eh, i just hate it that someone got tortured and murdered like that. i hope to see at least the beginning of the end of the oil era.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, that oil's gonna pump till it's gone. It appears to be the beginning of the end of absolute power for the King. The acting King, Prince, hides and whimpers at the accusation of exercising power that only a generation ago no one dared say a word.

Back
Top Bottom