• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA finds Saudi crown prince sent 11+ messages to adviser who oversaw Khashoggi killing around

Are you trying to put me on trial here? :lol:

Just wondering why some seem to be all bent out of shape for the death of an American/Turk yet not bent out of shape for the millions killed in Vietnam and Cambodia after the US pulled out of S. Vietnam or the numerous deaths in Cuba from the current regime in Cuba. It isn't as if the US could've prevented any of the killings nor browbeaten any of the countries into not creating such carnage.

Why do you care about one American/Turk's death but not these other deaths?

I hear goal posts moving.... Why do you care I answer your contrived question but you don't answer why you care about the death of one America/Turk but not the deaths of millions of Vietnamese or Cambodians or the numerous deaths of Cubans at the hands of the current Cuban regime?

The only goal post moving is from you and I refuse to answer your idiotic offtopic question until you answer my question. Why are you afraid to answer my question since I asked you first?

"according to a highly classified CIA assessment." - WSJ

I think it's high time laws are changed to convict EVERYONE...even the press...when they leak highly classified government documents.

Even when it uncovers crime?

The only goal post moving is from you and I refuse to answer your idiotic offtopic question until you answer my question. Why are you afraid to answer my question since I asked you first?

How old are you? How do you think your question relates to the topic of the thread?

Yes. Leaking classified documents purposefully or accidentally is EDIT: the rule of law. It just has to be prosecuted.

Just wondering why some seem to be all bent out of shape for the death of an American/Turk yet not bent out of shape for the millions killed in Vietnam and Cambodia after the US pulled out of S. Vietnam or the numerous deaths in Cuba from the current regime in Cuba. It isn't as if the US could've prevented any of the killings nor browbeaten any of the countries into not creating such carnage.

Why do you care about one American/Turk's death but not these other deaths?

Can't speak on Bene's behalf, but the obvious difference is that the killings you are talking about were done by America's enemies, while Saudi Arabia is an ally. Surely you would have different standards for an ally than an enemy, no?

A better comparison would be "Why are folks getting upset about the actions of Saudi Arabia, and not Israel, another American ally with plenty of human rights violations, murders, and other atrocities?" Seems like America's allies get a pass - well, in the Middle East, anyway.

Can't speak on Bene's behalf, but the obvious difference is that the killings you are talking about were done by America's enemies, while Saudi Arabia is an ally. Surely you would have different standards for an ally than an enemy, no?

A better comparison would be "Why are folks getting upset about the actions of Saudi Arabia, and not Israel, another American ally with plenty of human rights violations, murders, and other atrocities?" Seems like America's allies get a pass - well, in the Middle East, anyway.

Meh. Russia was America's ally in WWII. Iran certainly has a 'spotty' record when it comes to allowing diversity yet the Obama administration agreed to the Iran nuclear deal.

Why are so many upset by the death of one American/Turk and not the deaths of millions? The one American/Turk isn't even a representative of a head of state.

Yes. Leaking classified documents purposefully or accidentally is EDIT: the rule of law. It just has to be prosecuted.

Well, then the person who leaked them was committing an act of patriotism, if by exposing a crime they knew they were putting themselves at risk.

I always find it interesting about the mentality of folks who think the exposing of the crime is the greater offense than the crime itself. Especially given this attitude is present in folks who usually identify as being tough on crime. It seems strange from a nation that was built on similar treachery.

How old are you? How do you think your question relates to the topic of the thread?

Older and more mature than you that’s for sure. My question is on topic to this thread. You think that there are only two choices, either do nothing or go to war. Your question of Vietnam is off topic.

Meh. Russia was America's ally in WWII. Iran certainly has a 'spotty' record when it comes to allowing diversity yet the Obama administration agreed to the Iran nuclear deal.

Why are so many upset by the death of one American/Turk and not the deaths of millions? The one American/Turk isn't even a representative of a head of state.

Because of the message it sends, diplomatically. If you guys allow this, especially when Trump is on the record saying the reason is because he doesn't want to lose $10b and I think it was 600,000 jobs (can find the video quote, if you don't believe me, just a bit lazy this morning), you essentially give SA carte blanche. This was an international political crime committed by your ally. Does America want to be a super hero, or a super villain? Sadly your micromanagement of the world to date doesn't leave you with any other options.

Also, would add, Iran is not an ally either, the deal was to try to bring them into the fold and get them to stop being a problematic region. Had a deal been made, and their crimes committed after, then you'd have an apples to apples comparison.

Because of the message it sends, diplomatically. If you guys allow this, especially when Trump is on the record saying the reason is because he doesn't want to lose $10b and I think it was 600,000 jobs (can find the video quote, if you don't believe me, just a bit lazy this morning), you essentially give SA carte blanche. This was an international political crime committed by your ally. Does America want to be a super hero, or a super villain? Sadly your micromanagement of the world to date doesn't leave you with any other options.
This.

Also, would add, Iran is not an ally either, the deal was to try to bring them into the fold and get them to stop being a problematic region. Had a deal been made, and their crimes committed after, then you'd have an apples to apples comparison.

You don't think Iran still, for example, executes gays? Executes infidels?

Yes.

If someone is prompted to leak classified information that uncovers a crime, they need to go through the whistleblower process...not leak that classified information to the press. If they do leak that classified information to the press, then both the leaker and the press should face legal consequences for unauthorized leaking and receiving of classified information.

You don't think Iran still, for example, executes gays? Executes infidels?

Did you guys become allies last night and I didn't notice, or something? :) Trump walked away from that deal before it was done. He might have done something about all that...if that's what any of this was about. Sorry, answering this question isn't relevant to the SA situation. You guys openly condemn Iran. It would be a good start to do so with SA, no?

Yes.

If someone is prompted to leak classified information that uncovers a crime, they need to go through the whistleblower process...not leak that classified information to the press. If they do leak that classified information to the press, then both the leaker and the press should face legal consequences for unauthorized leaking and receiving of classified information.

And if the whistle blower process doesn't pan out because the government is corrupt, then?

This what? Explain more - are you for or against Trump making America Saudi Arabia's whore for the low low price of $10 billion and 600, 000 jobs?

The number of jobs 45 claimed would be lost climbed from a few thousand to 450,000 to 500,000 to over a million.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...audis-may-be-worth-much-less-than-110-billion

And if the whistle blower process doesn't pan out because the government is corrupt, then?

If that's the case, then the whistleblower can go to the press to report the corruption in the whistleblower process. Nobody needs to give classified information to the press to do that.

Do you have anymore hypotheticals?

If that's the case, then the whistleblower can go to the press to report the corruption in the whistleblower process. Nobody needs to give classified information to the press to do that.

Do you have anymore hypotheticals?

lol...no. You'll excuse anything, so long as it is required to shine that turd of a president of yours. Also, if you are suggesting that calling your government corrupt in the context of it's foreign policy execution is a hypothetical, you know as much about your foreign policy as you do about your economy... :lol: You're dismissed. ;)

lol...no. You'll excuse anything, so long as it is required to shine that turd of a president of yours. Also, if you are suggesting that calling your government corrupt in the context of it's foreign policy execution is a hypothetical, you know as much about your foreign policy as you do about your economy... :lol: You're dismissed. ;)

I'm not excusing anything. As I've said...ANYONE leaking classified information...ANYONE receiving classified information...ANYONE making classified information to the public...if it is unauthorized...should be prosecuted. Unlike you, I don't make exceptions for various hypothetical situations that you think should excuse criminal behavior.

Your hypothetical had nothing to do with foreign policy. It was about corruption in the whistleblower process.

Anyway, thank you for dismissing me. It saves me the bother of dismissing you and you nonsense.

I'm not excusing anything. As I've said...ANYONE leaking classified information...ANYONE receiving classified information...ANYONE making classified information to the public...if it is unauthorized...should be prosecuted. Unlike you, I don't make exceptions for various hypothetical situations that you think should excuse criminal behavior.

Your hypothetical had nothing to do with foreign policy. It was about corruption in the whistleblower process.

Anyway, thank you for dismissing me. It saves me the bother of dismissing you and you nonsense.

Meh...I figured you are owed the occasional mercy, given how often I use you to make a point. ;)

"according to a highly classified CIA assessment." - WSJ

I think it's high time laws are changed to convict EVERYONE...even the press...when they leak highly classified government documents.

Well, I'm not sure what else they can do. When you have a president out there lying to people's faces about highly classified material, what do you do? We've never had this before. Presidents of course don't make the info public, but they don't get information like this and then trash the intelligence community by saying they don't know what happened. Apparently we have very good evidence on this and the president is lying about it. Leaks are bad and should not happen. The people that do it should be punished. But we also need to evaluate why our president feels that he can lie to the american people at will to suit his own agenda. Because that might be even worse.

Why must we rein in the Crown Prince?

Maybe unintentionally, you responded with a Loaded Question.

We each have our own expectations. From my perspective, We the People in the USA empower our Elected Leaders to promote the General Welfare using a complex collective entity known as Government.

I want our government to maintain and exact certain standards.... and to agree on reasonable rules of procedure. The murder of Khashoggi, a journalist and American resident, by Saudi operatives violated my sensibilities.

After exhaustive investigation of the 9-11 incident, our Intelligence Agencies concluded 15 out of 19 identified hijackers had Saudi Birth. We gave the Saudi government a pass, instead opting to attack Hussein in Iraq. That too violated my sensibilities. Our government, over decades, had acquiesced in the rise of Hussein. In 1979, an Iranian Revolution ousted an American Puppet. Thereafter, we supported Iraq's attack of Iran.

Like the vast majority of people, I lie on the sidelines well aware of my insignificance... choosing to focus most of my efforts and energy on matters I have far more control of.

Well, I'm not sure what else they can do. When you have a president out there lying to people's faces about highly classified material, what do you do? We've never had this before. Presidents of course don't make the info public, but they don't get information like this and then trash the intelligence community by saying they don't know what happened. Apparently we have very good evidence on this and the president is lying about it. Leaks are bad and should not happen. The people that do it should be punished. But we also need to evaluate why our president feels that he can lie to the american people at will to suit his own agenda. Because that might be even worse.

What makes you think the press actually HAS this highly classified information? Did they show it to you?

You have concocted this whole "lying" nonsense based on a rumor and a desire to believe the rumor to be true.

Back
Top Bottom