• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA finds Saudi crown prince communicated with adviser during Khashoggi killing

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
CIA finds Saudi crown prince sent at least 11 messages to adviser who oversaw Khashoggi killing around time of his death

78132548932e458cad05d6d04fa96f18_18.jpg

12/1/18
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman sent at least 11 messages to his adviser, who oversaw the effort to kill Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi, around the time of Khashoggi's killing, according to a classified CIA report obtained by The Wall Street Journal. According to the excerpts of the assessment reported by the Journal, the crown prince told associates in August 2017 "we could possibly lure [Khashoggi] outside Saudi Arabia and make arrangements," if the crown prince could not convince the dissident Saudi journalist, who was living in Virginia, to return to Saudi Arabia. Another excerpt reportedly states that the CIA has “medium-to-high confidence” that Crown Prince Mohammed “personally targeted” Khashoggi and “probably ordered his death.” “To be clear, we lack direct reporting of the Crown Prince issuing a kill order,” according to the excerpts reported by the Journal. The adviser in question, Saud al-Qahtani, was sanctioned by the White House last month for his involvement in Khashoggi's death. The CIA has reportedly concluded that the crown prince ordered Khashoggi's killing, though President Trump has cast doubt on those news reports, saying the agency did not come to a definitive conclusion. The Senate on Wednesday advanced a resolution that would end U.S. military support for the Saudi-led campaign in Yemen’s civil war, issuing a rebuke to Trump after the White House opposed the bill. The resolution advanced even as the administration vowed to stand by Saudi Arabia following global outcry over the killing of Khashoggi. Khashoggi was killed on Oct. 2 after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to obtain marriage documents for his upcoming wedding.

That makes two murderer's now that Trump believes over our intelligence agencies.

Related: MBS communicated with adviser during Khashoggi killing: WSJ

Trump defended Saudi Arabia on Thursday, saying MBS and King Salman said they did not commit "this atrocity".

"I hate the crime, I hate the cover-up. I will tell you this: The crown prince hates it more than I do, and they have vehemently denied it.”

This shtick is wearing thin.......

Back
Top Bottom