• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month, contradicting the Saudi government’s claims that he was not involved in the killing, according to people familiar with the matter.

This is a mess that will not go quietly into the night......Of course the CIA has been wrong before.......

https://apple.news/ATziE7B1yQJGqRreV5rT1Ag

The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month, contradicting the Saudi government’s claims that he was not involved in the killing, according to people familiar with the matter.

This is a mess that will not go quietly into the night......Of course the CIA has been wrong before.......

I am so shocked.......

Not

That's an old people thing, right?

What are you on about? Sociology doesn’t cover recent history?

Edit: was Hay Street still rocking when you were @ Bragg?

2mrqd7.jpg

Ok...So, our intel says the crown prince ordered it...what now? Cut ties? Start a war? What? I mean is this anything we didn't know?

Recent history my ass, gramps.

You are what now 48? You call that “middle age?” You thinking you are going to make 96? :lamo

I got your “gramps” hangin’.....right here.....:2wave:

Edit: was Hay Street still rocking when you were @ Bragg?

The name rings a bell so must have been. We usually went north 45 minutes to a college town and pitched in for a hotel room for the guys that didn't hook up. Fayetteville townies were pretty eww.

Ok...So, our intel says the crown prince ordered it...what now? Cut ties? Start a war? What? I mean is this anything we didn't know?

What are you, home for the week-end?

You are what now 48? You call that “middle age?” You thinking you are going to make 96? :lamo

I got your “gramps” hangin’.....right here.....:2wave:

I figure I got about 10 more years to give old people crap before I'm one of them. And I ain't wasting one minute.

CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination

Well....that's going to be a bit awkward at the next US/Saudi social mixer....

Well....that's going to be a bit awkward at the next US/Saudi social mixer....

New emphasis on the “sword dance?”

Bone saw dance?

Well...let's see...we have this from WaPo:

...according to people familiar with the matter.

...according to the people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the intelligence.

...said a U.S. official familiar with the CIA’s conclusions.

And then, also from WaPo...but further down in the article:

Fatimah Baeshen, a spokeswoman for the Saudi Embassy in Washington, said the ambassador and Khashoggi never discussed “anything related to going to Turkey.” She added that the claims in the CIA’s “purported assessment are false. We have and continue to hear various theories without seeing the primary basis for these speculations.”

A spokesman for the CIA declined to comment.

So...from official sources we have a statement that this is nonsense and the CIA makes no comment.

But from unnamed sources we have all kinds of stuff.

So...who does a thinking person believe? The rumor mongering WaPo and their unnamed sources? Or named officials?

(Me? I go by reputation. WaPo's rep is in the toilet. That's where this article belongs.)

Stop backing them in Yemen or protect the locals from them would be a nice start.

Well...let's see...we have this from WaPo:

And then, also from WaPo...but further down in the article:

So...from official sources we have a statement that this is nonsense and the CIA makes no comment.

But from unnamed sources we have all kinds of stuff.

So...who does a thinking person believe? The rumor mongering WaPo and their unnamed sources? Or named officials?

(Me? I go by reputation. WaPo's rep is in the toilet. That's where this article belongs.)

Whatever; a dozen and a half Saudi intelligence cadre fly-in for the deed and it’s a “rogue” operation. Rogues don’t dare break wind w/o the Crown Prince’s approval. We knew this already. This is just confirmation. Probably doesn’t rock the succession. Word is that the Saudi prosecutor recommends the death penalty for five of the “rogues.” I wonder how that will affect the fielding of the next “team?”

Stop backing them in Yemen or protect the locals from them would be a nice start.

Oh, so we should start supporting the terrorists that are fighting against us, and fight an ally in the ME eh?

Oh, so we should start supporting the terrorists that are fighting against us, and fight an ally in the ME eh?

Since when does trump nation give a **** about any of our allies? Or at least any of our democratic allies I should say.

Since when does trump nation give a **** about any of our allies? Or at least any of our democratic allies I should say.

I thought we were talking about your proposal....

I thought we were talking about your proposal....

I see we reached an area you don't want to deal with. Okay. My proposal... stop backing saudi in Yemen. Then if they retaliate in any way about that... help the yemen people NOT get murdered.

Maybe making sure the civilians who are starving get regular food supplies would be a good gesture. Browbeating the crown prince into footing the bill for it would be especially sweet.

Whatever; a dozen and a half Saudi intelligence cadre fly-in for the deed and it’s a “rogue” operation. Rogues don’t dare break wind w/o the Crown Prince’s approval. We knew this already. This is just confirmation. Probably doesn’t rock the succession. Word is that the Saudi prosecutor recommends the death penalty for five of the “rogues.” I wonder how that will affect the fielding of the next “team?”

Oh. So you believe the unnamed sources in the WaPo article.

Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom