• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA Backs $630,000 Study Into How To Control The Weather

Jango

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The US Central Intelligence Agency is reportedly funding a study into how to control the weather.

That's right, being able to learn to control the governments and foreign operatives of the rest of the world isn't quite enough- the CIA also wants to manipulate their climates.

Well, sort of. What the CIA is actually doing is funding part of a $630,000, 21-month study into the science of modifying the climate, known as geo-engineering.

Langley is interested in both solar radiation management (SRM) and carbon dioxide removal (CDR) techniques.

Pretty interesting stuff here, though, for sure, I can totally see this becoming weaponized. Hopefully, if anything, they don't "break anything" and turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees.

Pretty interesting stuff here, though, for sure, I can totally see this becoming weaponized. Hopefully, if anything, they don't "break anything" and turn the thermostat down a couple of degrees.

What if others have learned to control weather long ago and USA has been suffering Hurricanes and Tornadoes due to that their technology ever since?

What if others have learned to control weather long ago and USA has been suffering Hurricanes and Tornadoes due to that their technology ever since?

They're little green men from Mars.

Why exactly is the CIA funding environmental studies? Did the EPA spend it's budget on something else?

I guess some of them don't remember early childhood bio-science. Plants take in CO2 and give off O2 and keep the carbon. Hmm, want less CO2, maybe plant a few more plants? Just a thought.

Can I now have my share of that money for doing their work for them?

Bring out the Haarpy's and the Russian Woodpecker...

Why exactly is the CIA funding environmental studies? Did the EPA spend it's budget on something else?

My thoughst exactly. I'm not necessarily against the study (I haven't read anything on it other than this article), but why the CIA and not some other agency?

I guess some of them don't remember early childhood bio-science. Plants take in CO2 and give off O2 and keep the carbon. Hmm, want less CO2, maybe plant a few more plants? Just a thought.

Can I now have my share of that money for doing their work for them?
My thoughst exactly. I'm not necessarily against the study (I haven't read anything on it other than this article), but why the CIA and not some other agency?

Climate shifts have national security implications, as would the ability to modify climate.

Plants are nice for CO2 sequestration, but there may be more efficient methods.

Climate shifts have national security implications, as would the ability to modify climate.

Plants are nice for CO2 sequestration, but there may be more efficient methods.

Still not the CIA's job. The CIA collects information, assesses it and then tells the Pres and others what threats there are, how severe they are and whether we should kill them or break their things. It is the DOD's Job to kill people and break things. Maybe if more people in Washington actually knew what they were supposed to do and didn't try to take someone else's job, it wouldn't be so screwed up up there.

The CIA would want to know how to do this in order to more effectively carry out some of its paramilitary operations. Weather plays a big role in operational planning; controlling it would give you an upper hand.

Still not the CIA's job. The CIA collects information, assesses it and then tells the Pres and others what threats there are, how severe they are and whether we should kill them or break their things. It is the DOD's Job to kill people and break things. Maybe if more people in Washington actually knew what they were supposed to do and didn't try to take someone else's job, it wouldn't be so screwed up up there.

And climate shifts could create such threats, so analyzing those shifts, and how to control or mitigate them, could help one predict those threats.

The CIA would want to know how to do this in order to more effectively carry out some of its paramilitary operations. Weather plays a big role in operational planning; controlling it would give you an upper hand.

Another useful aspect of this kind of knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom