• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA and the Media

creativedreams

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I have posted in the past about how the top U.S. Media and old school propaganda have evolved to be one in the same.

Propaganda to influence the masses and to direct their opinions have slowly changed from the loud speakers in the war prison camps.

Nowadays propaganda in the Media is more in the form of what is NOT investigated, covered, or reported to the masses... therefore effectively keeping any issues that question the government from gaining momentum...
9/11 disturbing discrepancies that question the truth about the "official story" spoonfed to the masses through the media, for an excellent example.

Bill O'Reilly used to be a low level reporter but now he is likely a top CIA propagandist who helps with the blackouts on coverage with certain issues like 9/11.

It would only make sense for an intelligence gathering agency to control the Media and launch "reporters" or "journalists" into warzones and enemy territory.
censorship_press_obey.gif

Here is a very good documentary...

2.jpg

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Reports On CIA Connection to JFK Assassination

Last edited:
Its a Jewish conspiracy. All around the world the majority of major media outlets are being run by Jews. And who are the majority of stock holders in these companies? Other Jews. Jews are seriously dominant in the media world, no one but them has the control, except for in parts of Asia and Africa. And the worse part is the ideas that they are passing through, apathy. Its why we are all slaves.

I do actually agree that a lot is omitted and that has become a form of media control, but the rest you're talking about... :shock:

I do actually agree that a lot is omitted and that has become a form of media control, but the rest you're talking about... :shock:

So why does the media no longer investigate everything under the sun...especially disturbing issues within the U.S. government?

So why does the media no longer investigate everything under the sun...especially disturbing issues within the U.S. government?

Because they're biased? Or... because those who they'd have to investigate share with the media an ideology and investigating them and finding out "things" would be bad for said ideology... therefore... ignore it.

Or was your question rhetorical? :lol:

Because they're biased? Or... because those who they'd have to investigate share with the media an ideology and investigating them and finding out "things" would be bad for said ideology... therefore... ignore it.

Or was your question rhetorical? :lol:

Because they'd have to investigate the CIA who is likely the top tier of American media...in a sense their own bosses?

There are a few reasons.

The first reason is money. Because more and more news is moving to the internet (where it is free), the media is having to rely increasingly on salaciousness and juicy stories that catch the public's attention. Then they get views, then they get ratings, and then they get advertisers paying big bucks.

The second reason is corporate control. Like the movie industry, news is now owned and operated by a small number of corporations, and they set rules about what can and cannot be published. It is my unproven opinion that the White House and CIA have a direct line to these corporate executives to have stories cut. This is what I mean by propaganda through omission. The news networks can't announce false information because people will find out, but they lie through ommission a lot. There are a lot of huge stories and developments that never make it to the corporate news networks that should. The FCC ruled in 2007 that there should be no rules barring one corporation from owning both a television news network, and a newspaper, so now we are beginning to see a lot of cross over and collusion.

The third reason is that real journalism is reverting to the grassroots base. The people you see on CNN and Fox are not real journalists. They may go out and fetch the stories and report on them, but the above two factors come into play. They are told what they can and cannot report on, and what they can and cannot search for. The rest is pure psychology in order to get ratings and to push an agenda.

The state of journalism in my country and yours is really on the decline.

The second reason is corporate control. Like the movie industry, news is now owned and operated by a small number of corporations, and they set rules about what can and cannot be published. It is my unproven opinion that the White House and CIA have a direct line to these corporate executives to have stories cut. This is what I mean by propaganda through omission. The news networks can't announce false information because people will find out, but they lie through ommission a lot. There are a lot of huge stories and developments that never make it to the corporate news networks that should. The FCC ruled in 2007 that there should be no rules barring one corporation from owning both a television news network, and a newspaper, so now we are beginning to see a lot of cross over and collusion.

The state of journalism in my country and yours is really on the decline.

This is a lot of what I am talking about...there ARE many developments that suddenly get no coverage and never investigated again...developments that would prove wrong or change "official stories" for events in America.

Our corporate run government is connected at the hip with our corporate run media

I agree with that.

I tend to take it a step further....

Our CIA has to exist somewhere and it would be most logical for an intelligence and information gathering agency to exist in the top tier of media also...not sure but the lack of investigating CIA connections with a lot of domestic events seems to show it.

I tend to take it a step further....

Our CIA has to exist somewhere and it would be most logical for an intelligence and information gathering agency to exist in the top tier of media also...not sure but the lack of investigating CIA connections with a lot of domestic events seems to show it.

It would be foolish to put actual CIA people in the top tier of media because if anyone even found out one of those people were working there, it would be a huge scandal. That, and it's not even necessary if the owners of the media are in willful cooperation. It's very easy for the news execs to receive that phone call and then modify or pull a story because they are already doing it for their own profit motives.

It would be foolish to put actual CIA people in the top tier of media because if anyone even found out one of those people were working there, it would be a huge scandal. That, and it's not even necessary if the owners of the media are in willful cooperation. It's very easy for the news execs to receive that phone call and then modify or pull a story because they are already doing it for their own profit motives.

You bring a good point

It is not as simple as the CIA, but rather an entire system including the military, law enforcement, and some elected officials. While the mass media do engage in the distraction of partisan hackery they all have a clear establishmentarian agenda.

Back
Top Bottom