• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Church of Scotland to allow same-sex marriages

Winston

Give me convenience or give me death
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Members of the General Assembly in Edinburgh voted to change church law following years of campaigning.
It means same-sex couples will be able to marry in church in services conducted by ministers.
Ministers and deacons will be able to apply to become celebrants of same sex marriage, but they will not be forced to take part.
The results of the vote were: 274 for and 136 against.

I like that they allowed ministers the option of applying to become celebrants of same sex marriage. Because some won’t be ready to accept this yet.

Great news for the Scots!

Only JUST NOW?! Well…better late than never. Who knows. In a few years maybe we will be the ones recriminalizing same sex marriage and they will be looking at us funny.

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because they can and the Church lets them do it openly.

Only JUST NOW?! Well…better late than never. Who knows. In a few years maybe we will be the ones recriminalizing same sex marriage and they will be looking at us funny.
I suspect that this may be more prescient than you think.

Wot!?! They're going to let ewes marry ewes instead of real men? That's disgusting and proper naff. Wot will we do with all the wellingtons? Och, this new generation is mad and perverse! ;)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy of Clann Donnachaidh by way of Inverness and the House of Struan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom