• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Church in Arizona protested because it looks like a mosque

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Islamophobia may have reached a point in this country where people condemn Christians that they suspect are Muslims without ever checking the facts.

In Phoenix, Arizona, a new Christian church has residents fearing that it is an Islamic mosque.

Folks, there is a very easy explanation for this. On November 2, Arizona passed a medical marijuana law. After that, thousands of of Arizonans came down with the ersatz flu, and got prescriptions filled. And the rest is history, or is it hallucination? :mrgreen:

In other news, Arizona has passed a new law, naming naming the bat as it's official state insignia.

Article is here.

Last edited:
That Muslim woman in green in the video is showing her face! Doesn't the Koran say she should be stoned for such immodesty? :ninja:

To be honest, this is just stupid. The people who protest this are probably very self righteous themselves and can't approve of a church having a dome.

To be honest, this is just stupid. The people who protest this are probably very self righteous themselves and can't approve of a church having a dome.

Personally, I think the stupid part is protesting construction of mosques in the first place...

edit: Well, the more stupid part anyway. There's plenty of stupid to go around.

Last edited:
Hey, I have an Idea lets Ban all Muslim said the stupid ass people making the south look more ignorant.

lots of churches have domes... this is stupid...

Blue-church-domes-SantoriniLPI-6355323.jpg

rome-domes-jesus-church-m4.jpg

church-domes-n-crosses.jpg

THAT particular style of church IS actually original to the Catholic Church. It IS Christian in origin - though inspired, sure, by it's preceding Roman and Greek building. The centralized, squared Greek-cross style which transitions to a dome overhead was first constructed in Constantinople by the CATHOLIC CHURCH and is called the Hagia Sophia.

Only YEARS LATER was it (the Hagia Sophia) converted into a Mosque at which time minarets and other Islamic elements were added.

hagia-sophia.jpg

But the original design was commissioned by Justinian in 532 AD - two Greek mathematicians (Anthemius of Tralles and Isidorus of Miletus) planned the Hagia Sophia which is unique in the way that the dome sits atop one large, open cube - 4 large rounded arches (which are Greek in origin) sculpt the architectural element called 'pendentives' in the corners, visible from the inside. From the outside it merely takes on a massive, bold cube-shape.

All these people thinking it *is a Islamic design* are showing their ignorance of their own beliefs they claim to have - and obviously have peeved me of with their stupidity on the subject.

That being said, however - yes, many elements of Islamic architecture were introduced into the European religious world during the time of the crusades - likewise, they adopted some European designs and ideas in their religious-mosques (like how they converted the Hagia Sophia into a Mosque according to their religious-dictation, which involved covering over hte original mosaics and removing countless sculptures from the inside).

Fortunately the interior of the Hagia Sophia is being restored to it's original form - uncovering the mosaics of Justinian and his wife.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the stupid part is protesting construction of mosques in the first place...

edit: Well, the more stupid part anyway. There's plenty of stupid to go around.

I have to agree with you on this one.

And as if the mosque dome wasn't bad enough, there's a Chevy advertisement on that page that shows that the Volt has won Motor Trend's Car of the Year Award:

motortrend.png

Caliper, or minaret? You decide.

And as if the mosque dome wasn't bad enough, there's a Chevy advertisement on that page that shows that the Volt has won Motor Trend's Car of the Year Award:

motortrend.png

Caliper, or minaret? You decide.

Look Russian to me!
Damned Turnip domes!

That Muslim woman in green in the video is showing her face! Doesn't the Koran say she should be stoned for such immodesty? :ninja:

Those who want Sharia Law in America say Yes.

1) Honestly, the dome could be mistaken for a Mosque.

2) People are stupid to fear Muslims, what with zealots following Islam obediently; not to mention many nonviolent Muslims sympathize with extremists. Ha, how stupid those people must be.

3) Also, who would be dumb enough to think where mosques gain in number, that Sharia Law/courts follow? Stupid, I say!

Last edited:
1) Honestly, the dome could be mistaken for a Mosque.

Honestly, a lot of buildings have domes.

2) People are stupid to fear Muslims, what with zealots following Islam obediently; not to mention many nonviolent Muslims sympathize with extremists. Ha, how stupid those people must be.

Here we go...

3) Also, who would be dumb enough to think where mosques gain in number, that Sharia Law/courts follow? Stupid, I say!

Do you mean those non-binding civil courts in Britain that are no different than the Jewish and Anglican ones that have been there for generations? Other than that, I don't really know what you're talking about.

What's the big deal is entirely appropriate to inquire if a Cult is building in your neighborhood. I would expect the same if it were a polygamist Mormon sect who would want a bunch of child molesters in the area.

The lame ass jokes about the us of pot were less than funny.

Liberals always trying to hide behind the claim that others are being intolerant when they are pushing some radical ideas, especially now with and Anti-American like Obama leading the charge into oblivion.

I say question anything that could belong to the Cult of Islam, after all questioning isn't stoning is it.

Profile them till the pigs come home.

Last edited:
I know a couple of Muslims. They have yet to try to kill me for being Methodist, loving pork, and not whipping every non-burqa'd women I see. To you Islamophobes out there, are there a lot of crazy extremists Muslims, yeah, but does that mean that I should arbitrarily fear my neighbors?

I wonder if the people who think a domed Christian church is a mosque are the same ones who believe that the Christian president is a Muslim?

Or, perhaps just the ones who care whether someone builds a mosque or elects a Muslim to office?

This is actually pretty funny...

Honestly, a lot of buildings have domes.

Here we go...

Do you mean those non-binding civil courts in Britain that are no different than the Jewish and Anglican ones that have been there for generations? Other than that, I don't really know what you're talking about.

Honestly, I don't think you have seen the more than 30 videos on YouTube alone that cover the fact that Sharia Law is pervading the UK. Mm, you're indifferent and ignorant; people with your mindset are typically the first to fall. You're not vigilant, and you're acting ignorant. What do you need, a terrorist attack to blow your loved one away in order to open your eyes? Like the 15-year-old girl who thinks herself invincible, your ignorance could very well be your downfall.

I wonder if the people who think a domed Christian church is a mosque are the same ones who believe that the Christian president is a Muslim?

Or, perhaps just the ones who care whether someone builds a mosque or elects a Muslim to office?

Now that is funny thinking Obama is a Christian. He's a Marxist and for 20 years he belonged to Rev. Wrights Black Liberation Theology based Church which uses Christianity as a cover for it's Anti-American beliefs and teachings.

Only Liberals repeat what they hear and believe what they are told without question because they don't think for themselves.

And no all Muslims are not violantly dangerous but that is no reason to assume they are all wonderful nice people lining next door.

How many times have we seen people who are guilty of multiple murders arresested and then on the evening news we hear the nieghbor say: "John was a quiet guy loved his garden too good care of the lawn, and was always friendly and waved and said good morning every day. I just can't believe he raped and murdered all those women."

Questions are not a crime.

I don't have to claim Obama is a Muslim he does it all by himself over and over.

In his own words:

Last edited:
Now that is funny thinking Obama is a Christian. He's a Marxist and for 20 years he belonged to Rev. Wrights Black Liberation Theology based Church which uses Christianity as a cover for it's Anti-American beliefs and teachings.

Only Liberals repeat what they hear and believe what they are told without question because they don't think for themselves.

And no all Muslims are not violantly dangerous but that is no reason to assume they are all wonderful nice people lining next door.

How many times have we seen people who are guilty of multiple murders arresested and then on the evening news we hear the nieghbor say: "John was a quiet guy loved his garden too good care of the lawn, and was always friendly and waved and said good morning every day. I just can't believe he raped and murdered all those women."

Questions are not a crime.

I don't have to claim Obama is a Muslim he does it all by himself over and over.

In his own words:

He's not a Christian! He went to a Christian church!!! :lamo

Either he is a Christian or a Muslim. Perhaps a Muslim calling himself a Christian to win the blue-collar votes. Perhaps he truly is a "Christian" tainted with the racial and hateful vitreol of Rev. Wright.

He's not a Christian! He went to a Christian church!!! :lamo

He makes a darn poor marxist as well, being a self made millionare and all. His marism is also contradictory with his islamic beliefs. How does a godless communist, also be a muslim who is rather required to believe in god

Back
Top Bottom